• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want my magic band+

Wouldn't it be nice if they had a deliver to your resort option?
My stay is in 4 days, there were 2 windows, one was to order MB to be shipped to your house, the other was a shorter window, cant remember maybe 6-10 days before your trip you can order to ship to your resort!

Does anyone know will these drop at Midnight July 27 or something like 7am or 9am
Wondering the same thing. I'm going in January with the wife and will be ordering asap.
I think Disney said 25+ customisable bands. So far iv seen images of

Plain

Red
Blue
Black
White
Light Pink

Designs

Red Minnie Mom
Blue Mickey Dad
White Minnie spots
White Stich
Black Mickey with coloured Swirles
Black Fireworks
Pink Snacks
Light pink princesses
White 4 parks
Blue 50th
Light pink 50th
Black Star wars
Red Iron Man
Light Blue UP
I want the stitch one. I'm shooting for him first on Wed.

we are also going in January, I want to order asap though in case they run out again
This is a dilemma. I'm sure they will have different bands by January. If you really love one of these 25, get them now. But I'm sure they'll have Halloween, Christmas, and other character ones come out before January.

I thought Disney said 1-3 days. Internet rumor....some CM testing only got a half day
I’m not very tech savvy - but do we think if it runs out of battery there is the standard backup RFID battery that is currently utilized that you could still use in the parks for your ticket, purchases, etc. and just the extra features will run off the charge?

I’m not very tech savvy - but do we think if it runs out of battery there is the standard backup RFID battery that is currently utilized that you could still use in the parks for your ticket, purchases, etc. and just the extra features will run off the charge?
That's how the Apple Watch works. When the battery gets below 10%, it still tells time but all other functionality is gone. And it will last another 10 hours in this mode. I would hope the Magic Band + has similar capabilities.

Anything you touch will work with a dead battery. Ride photos and the extra stuff won't

Anything you touch will work with a dead battery. Ride photos and the extra stuff won't

That is correct. To expand on that, there are two sensors - a short range and a logn range one. The short range is used for tap points and draws power directly from the source. This is like a key-card for an office building - notice how those never die. The long range snesor is used fo ride photos and some of the interactive things (like seeing your name on Small World). That does require a battery and it does eventually die. There was no way to tell if the battery in the old MBs was still working other than to try it.

Last edited:
I think the battery is limited because it is working overtime 24-7 while on Disney property .
MB is gathering/ storing info to have all the 'extra' available to you at any moment.
It is like having 20 + websites open all running at the same time.

I think the battery is limited because it is working overtime 24-7 while on Disney property .
MB is gathering/ storing info to have all the 'extra' available to you at any moment.
It is like having 20 + websites open all running at the same time.

Well, not really. The MB actually stores no information at all. It is simply an ID tag. Everything is stored in My Disney Experience - the MB is just the key. When the system detects your ID tag, it allows access to your info. The long range transmitter basically has to always transmit, so the battery runs down eventually. The short range transmitter is only activated when near a tap-point.

I think part of the reason some CM would have seen poor battery. Might been be over use. My guess they did half a days worth of quests using Play app. So MB+ would have been using a lot of power for full bluetooth. Rather than just in standby mode.

I doubt many peoples normal day at disney would be like that. But I would have expected a better battery life from a band with not a huge amount of features

Also what are the guess for prices. $35 for standard then $45 for design ?

This is a dilemma. I'm sure they will have different bands by January. If you really love one of these 25, get them now. But I'm sure they'll have Halloween, Christmas, and other character ones come out before January.
I'm a stitch fan, so I'd have a hard time finding one I would like more than that one. Maybe if a three Caballeros one, but that would be it. My wife on the other hand, well, she might change her mind at some point.... 🤣

This thread is about magic band +
The battery is rechargeable. Charge status is available on MDE.

I'm sorry, yes, you're right, with MB+ you can tell if the battery is working. Every other function though is identical to how the old MB's worked - short range (tap points) will always work regardless of battery status. Long range and all of the lights and sounds, etc. require the battery to be charged. I do agree that the battery will likely last longer than expected with average use, but that some of the testers and early adopters are trying to hit everything that you can possibly do with them in short order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter