"I Want To Go Back!!!"....a Sept 2010 PTR(upd 10/12-TR Started!)

Dancegrl624

DIS Veteran
Hello Readers!!! Before I explain my title, some introductions are in order (for those of you who are new).

Me-Meghan-27 yrs old
I'm a ballet & lyrical teacher, I work part-time at ON (Old Navy) and I'm a member of a professional dance team. I've been dancing since I was 5 yrs old and I've never stopped. I'm also a huge tv junkie (thank goodness for Tivo!) and just recently started scrapbooking (I love it!). I took my first trip to WDW when I was 2 yrs old and I have my mom to thank for my obsession to Disney. I've visited WDW 9 times and the obsession grows with each trip. I should seriously start my own Disney planning business because I enjoy it so much. I could talk Disney 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. My favorite ride is Soarin'.

DH-Tony-26 yrs old
Tony is a sports lover. He played baseball in HS and now plays in some softball leagues over the summer and two-hand touch football in the fall and spring. In our house, we love the Buffalo Bills, the Buffalo Sabres and the Buffalo Bandits (the lacrosse team that I happen to dance for). Tony also loves the Detroit Tigers. He took his first trip to WDW when he was 18 yrs old and he went with me, my parents and my sisters. He has now been to the World 4 times. He loves Disney, but is not obsessed like me. On our last trip in June 09, he fell in love with staying on Disney property and using Disney transportation. Tony's favorite ride is RNRC.

DD-Madison-7 yrs old
Madison loves Irish dancing, soccer, Tinkerbell, Scooby Doo, her Nintendo DS, the Wii and her American Girl doll. We took her to Disney for the first time when she was 3 1/2 yrs old. I wouldn't say she fell in love on the trip because she doesn't really remember it. We surprised her with a trip to Disney in Jan 09 (check out my PTR/TR from that trip in my siggie) and it was so worth it. I don't know if we could pull it off again though. She has now been to WDW 3 times. Madison's favorite ride is a tie between Soarin' and Test Track.

Here's our family on our last trip in June 2009. This was our Christmas card!
Image030.jpg

In honor of St. Patrick's Day coming up, here's our little Irish dancer!
006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Ok..now to explain the title a little bit. Once we got back from our trip in June, I didn't really have a chance to have the vacation-is-over-blues. I was recovering from a horrible sinus infection, 4th of July was a few days away, Madison had Irish dancing competitions....you know how the summers get! It wasn't until the fall when I had the itch to go back to WDW. Many of my DIS and nonDIS friends were planning trips for Nov and Dec and I was so jealous! I'll admit it...it was a little hard for me to DIS for awhile. Of course, Disney had commercials all over the place for the "Give a Day" promotion towards the end of the year too.

My family also likes to tease me a little bit. Every time we'd watch a Disney movie or a Disney commercial came on, Tony & Maddie would say "DIIISSSSNEEEEYYYY" in a sweet little voice. Every time they would do this, I would put on a big frown and say " I want to go back!" The last straw came right after the Super Bowl. There I was watching tv one day, and the Drew Brees commercial comes on. You know it..."You just won the Super Bowl! What are you going to do now?"...."I'm going to Disney World!" I nearly cried. So, what does my husband do to me? He tapes the commercial on his phone and sends it to me while I'm at the gym. So not fair!

So there you have it folks. You've met my family and you know the story of my title. I'll post about dates, hotels, etc in the next post.

Also, I will be posting links to all of my main updates in this post. All updates will be in a larger font and they'll be purple (easy to find).Thanks for reading!

CHAPTERS
Where and When
ADR Wish List
GAD Promotion
Scheduling
Tentative ADR's
Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking Pics
A Tiny Update
Decisions, decisions...
ADR's are booked!
Flights
Number Crunching
Quick Life Update
Silly Question & Mini Update
SHOPPING!!!
More Shopping and Spring Break events
Yes, I went shopping again!
Summer Plans
Picture Update
Fun Stuff
Sorry!
List Time
4 Month Mark and Epcot List
Picture Update and DHS List
AK List
A Weekend of Dancing
Shopping and Calendars
Going For It!
Dream Job
Weekend Pictures
DTD List and Birthday Pictures
Guess Who Graduated?
A Little Life Update
I Love Vera!
Pics and More Part One
Pics and More Part Two
Woohoo!
A Little Recap
The Disney Box
Mickey Mail & More
Day One Plans
30 Days & Day 2 Plans
Mickey Mail and Day 3 Plans
Fall Shopping Update
Day 4 Plans
Day 5 Plans
Day 6 Plans
Day 7 Plans and More
Day 8 Plans & 1st day of school
12 Days!
12 Days Part Two
Single Digit Dance!!
8 Days!
One Week!
One Week From Today-9/23
One Week From Today- 9/24
One Week From Today-9/25
One Week From Today-9/26
One Week From Today-9/27
I Leave Tomorrow!
We're Home
Sorry!
TR Started

Yea Meghan! :banana::banana: Looking forward to following along with your planning!
What beautiful pictues of Madison!

And...woo hoo! I've never been first before!

Hi! We're going in September too! I hope you don't mind if I join in!

I bet you're wondering when we're going and where we're staying. Well, let me fill you in. Our dates are Sept 22-29th and we'll be staying at Pop Century. We all loved Pop when we stayed there in June so we wanted to stay there again. I'd love to stay at a Mod or Deluxe someday, but we're hardly in our room so I don't see the point right now. Now, let me fill you in on some more details.

I got a pin code in mid-February for 20/30/40% off room rates. At this point, my DH was still on the fence. I started pricing things out....room only, tickets from Undercover Tourist, cost of QSDP versus DDP, airfare..the list goes on and on. I filled him in on all of my research and he said he'd think about it. I kept telling him that free dining usually come out for the fall and we could use our Disney Visa (which we never use) and get 6 months 0% financing. He still wouldn't give me an answer. Do you want to know what pushed him in my direction? A call from National Fuel. Before you get too confused, I'll fill you in.

Back in Nov we got our furnace checked and we were told we should probably start shopping around for a new one. There was nothing wrong with ours, but it was fading fast. It was the original oil furnace (our house was built in 1950). Yup, we had oil heat. A lovely oil tank under our basement stairs. So, we shopped around and decided to switch over to a gas furnace. My FIL has a buddy who installs them and he got us a great deal on a very efficient furnace and a new water tank too. There was some sort of government rebate and a tax write-off around then too. This guy really went the extra mile for us and got us a 95.5% efficient furnace for the price of a less efficient one.

We had no idea what our first bill would be like because with the oil, we would pay to get the tank filled and that was it. No monthly bill. Well, National Fuel called the other day and didn't know we switched to gas. When the lady told me what our new bill would be like I was surprised. We thought it was going to be really high because we love to crank our heat way up. When I told me DH, he thought I was joking. He had budgeted almost $1000 for our heating bill! Let's just say, it's around $900 less than he thought it was going to be. He then said I could book a trip to Disney!!!! :woohoo:

Sorry to ramble on and on!!!! So, right now I have only booked a room with no tickets or dining. When free dining (hopefully) comes out, we will switch over to a package and use our Disney Visa card. I am beyond excited! I have never been to Disney in the fall and I can't wait to see it decorated for Halloween. We also plan on doing MNSSHP while we're there. Madison has always wanted to see the Villians! We haven't told her about the trip yet. We plan on getting everything squared away and then we'll tell her. I can't do the surprise thing again. Too hard! I can make my ADR's on March 26th, and I have a lot of meals to plan!!! Stay tuned!

:wave: Hi Meghan! I came over from my ptr - looks like I made the first page! Now back to the top to read...

Okay, done. What a great surprise about the gas bill - did he think it would be $1000 A MONTH? Oh my gosh, I would faint if I ever got a $1000 gas bill. We have them even out our bill so its the same all year round, and we pay about $75 a month. But our furnace is 25 years old, we are planning on a new one this year too. I'm sure with a more efficient unit our rate will drop some, too.

Your daughter is just adorable! Those curls! I guess she gets those from you, huh? She looks so sweet in her Irish dance costume.

Yea Meghan! :banana::banana: Looking forward to following along with your planning!
What beautiful pictues of Madison!

And...woo hoo! I've never been first before!

Hooray for being first!!! Thanks for joining me. I love those pics of Madison. Her top two teeth are now growing in. Her smile is always changing!

On board! Loved your last TRs :)

Thanks so much! Glad you could join in again.

:cool1: I'm here too! :goodvibes

Now to go back and read all about it! :woohoo:

Yea! Kim is here! :goodvibes

Hi! We're going in September too! I hope you don't mind if I join in!

Of course I don't mind. The more the merrier! When are you going and where are you staying?

I'm here! :yay:

Great start! It will be fun counting down with you since we are going 2 months later!! :cool1:

Yea!!! :cool1: So glad you could make it Shelly!

:wave2:Hi! I'm joining you over here from some other TRs/PTRs that we both follow. Hope you don't mind. I love the family pic at DHS from your last trip. Madison looks so happy in it!

Joining in popcorn::

Your DD is so beautiful! Love the curls. :cutie:

I just got my DD into ballet and jazz about 6 months ago. (she'll be 4 in a few of weeks)) She LOVES it!! I'm hoping it's something she'll want to keep up with for the rest of her life. I just love watching her during her classes, it's too cute.

Looking forward to reading more. :goodvibes

Joining in popcorn::

Your DD is so beautiful! Love the curls. :cutie:

I just got my DD into ballet and jazz about 6 months ago. (she'll be 4 in a few of weeks)) She LOVES it!! I'm hoping it's something she'll want to keep up with for the rest of her life. I just love watching her during her classes, it's too cute.

Looking forward to reading more. :goodvibes

Yea for dance classes! Dance is a truly awesome thing to get kids involved in. It's wonderful exercise, it teaches discipline and self confidence...it's just amazing. My DD took ballet for 3 years (started when she was 3) and then tried Irish dancing. She absolutely loved it and she decided to stick with it. She loves the parades, competitions, etc and it fits her very well. The curls are the most involved thing ever. We both have curly hair, but for Irish dancing it has to be tight ringlets. I can't wait until she moves up (there are levels in Irish dancing) so we can buy her a wig. Those curls take an hour to put in and an hour to take out.

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read along with you!
Madison is so adorable!! Her beautiful green eyes make her look so IRISH!!!
I have often thought about becoming a Disney planner too! Maybe a travel agent who specializes in Disney???

I'm here! :yay: You'll have to check out all my Pop pics when I start my March TR!

I'm so happy that you're staying at Pop. It is just so much fun! I hope to explore all the different sections in Sept. We didn't do a whole lot of resort exploring in June. It was such a short trip.

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read along with you!
Madison is so adorable!! Her beautiful green eyes make her look so IRISH!!!
I have often thought about becoming a Disney planner too! Maybe a travel agent who specializes in Disney???

Yea!!! One of my friends works for AAA and they sent her to Disney this week so she could specialize in Disney trips. She's staying at the YC and I'm so jealous!!! The YC/BC is my dream resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter