I want to go to a Christmas Party….. but not Disney

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
As many of us are now, we are using our wonderful DVC accommodations and going other parks and places in Orlando.

Please recommend a Christmas party for me and my wife. We are 60.

TIA

Not exactly a party, but definitely worth checking out if you have a chance:

https://christmasatgaylordpalms.marriott.com/ice

"ICE! is back at Gaylord Palms. Don our signature, blue parka and step into a wonderland carved by expert artisans out of two million pounds of colorful ice. You'll see the story of the Grinch in larger-than-life sculptures and even plunge down slides made entirely of ice in this Gaylord Hotels original experience. Presented by Pepsi."

It's been a few years, but my DH & I enjoyed this (and we're older than you, LOL). As I recall there are several nice restaurants in that resort, too.

Not exactly a party, but definitely worth checking out if you have a chance:

https://christmasatgaylordpalms.marriott.com/ice

"ICE! is back at Gaylord Palms. Don our signature, blue parka and step into a wonderland carved by expert artisans out of two million pounds of colorful ice. You'll see the story of the Grinch in larger-than-life sculptures and even plunge down slides made entirely of ice in this Gaylord Hotels original experience. Presented by Pepsi."

It's been a few years, but my DH & I enjoyed this (and we're older than you, LOL). As I recall there are several nice restaurants in that resort, too.
Second this! We went a few years ago when Peanuts was the theme. Close to WDW too.

OP you could still book MVMCP and enter at 4 pm.

we include the themed ”free” events at both Sea World & Universal each trip. Universal has an add on that’s grinch themed.

While not a "party", a few years ago Universal had the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in the park, and live concerts. When we went, my wife volunteered to be in the parade, one of 12 people guiding a huge balloon figure in the afternoon, and we got to see Mannheim Steamroller perform that evening. It was pretty awesome.

While not a "party", a few years ago Universal had the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in the park, and live concerts. When we went, my wife volunteered to be in the parade, one of 12 people guiding a huge balloon figure in the afternoon, and we got to see Mannheim Steamroller perform that evening. It was pretty awesome.
Sadly they discontinued the parade volunteer opportunities- would have loved to do it. Too many guests refused to follow team member directions and ruined it for everyone. But the universal parks are a wonderful holiday experience...they do a lot.

While ICE is a nice visit, it’s not an all night event. It’s walk through, and we found about 30 minutes was enough.
*BRING A COAT. ITS KEPT VERY COLD*

Couple it with a nice dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Old Hickory. Pro tip: Get the cheese service.

Is this a show or a walk through? How long does it last?
It is a walk through. And the walk through is through a cold room. They provide "winter" coats for you. It is a pretty cool thing, but just be aware that you have to walk through the cold. :)

I have heard good things about the Christmas activities at Seaworld. Thoughts?
I agree. It still requires theme park tickets, so I'm not sure if it fits the OP's criteria, but I would second SeaWorld.

As far as Orlando theme parks go, SW by far does Christmas the best.

SeaWorld does an excellent job on Christmas. The ice skating show is outstanding (go to the late show and stay comfortably seated for the fireworks).

SeaWorld does an excellent job on Christmas. The ice skating show is outstanding (go to the late show and stay comfortably seated for the fireworks).

I have never been to SeaWorld but I know that have two parks. Which park has all the Christmas activities?

I have never been to SeaWorld but I know that have two parks. Which park has all the Christmas activities?
SW only has one theme park in Orlando.

I guess they also have Discovery Cove, which is not a true theme park, and last time I was there for December (2018, I think) they didn't do anything for Christmas.

All of the Christmas activities are at the original SeaWorld park.

If you do go, the fun card mentioned above is a great deal. They also have market stalls set up with really good food (think of it like the food and wine stalls). You can get a punch card with five or ten items that will save you money. We split a ten punch card for four of us last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter