• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want to swap but......

kris1973

Mouseketeer
Well I feel like I should be back in grade school. I want to start doing the swaps but have never done one and I have read all the stuff posted and still feel like I am clueless. If anyone can suggest a really easy swap for a total noobie please let me know.

Kristin

I'm glad that you're interested in doing some swaps. They've been lots and lots of fun and a great way to get to see the work that other people are doing. I know I tend to get my package in the mail and immediately start scrapping more, inspired by all the goodies. That said, they're really not as scary as they first seem. A lot of the swaps posted here recently have been for new swappers. Just a chance to share some fun. I'd suggest picking an item you'll feel comfortable working on. Photo mats are a great basic to start with since they can be simple rectangles with just some decorations in the corners. Looking at some of the posting of what others have done (try the AK swap that just posted their pictures) can help a lot too. Some people get really fancy but many people keep their swap submissions very simple. Just do your best to make them neat and well put together.

kris1973 said:
Well I feel like I should be back in grade school. I want to start doing the swaps but have never done one and I have read all the stuff posted and still feel like I am clueless. If anyone can suggest a really easy swap for a total noobie please let me know.

Kristin

Kristin,

Welcome aboard... don't worry about things.. You don't have to do anything fancy.. I just started swapping in the past 6 months... and I love it.. the more you work on things the more creative you get and things will begin to gel and work out great..
There should be some sign ups again in the near future if there aren't any right now and join in...
Again welcome to the boards.. Also, check out the sticky up on top of this board that shows past swaps photos.. Disneyland Emily has some great photos of past swaps...

Welcome! Don't worry about your stuff not being good enough! As Nancy said, look at the pics in the sticky at the top to see some different swaps and get ideas. You can definitely do this! :cheer2:

Watch out, though. . .it's an addiction! :rotfl2:

The 39 cent swap is a great idea. Take some goodies you have or buy, fill an envelope, and get one in return. I love the swaps that build my stash of embellishments.

Welcome...Please join us in our swapping addiction. I know how you feel, my first swap stuff is going out right now, and I wish I could re-do it. But everybody is just great, there are all levels of swappers out here. I am just learning all of this stuff, and this is a great way to expand your ideas!

I may have a way to get you in the Disney Couples Swap, if you want. It is due in August, and the groups are small...only five people. PM me if you want me to check into some options.

"Couples swap" ... hmmm. Can you explain more or are you going to leave this to my imagination? :confused3 :rolleyes1 :grouphug: :scared: :duck:

Heyentah said:
"Couples swap" ... hmmm. Can you explain more or are you going to leave this to my imagination? :confused3 :rolleyes1 :grouphug: :scared: :duck:

I know...I have gotten a lot of milage out of that one. We are swapping elements for Disney couples...Cinderella and Prince Charming, Mickey and Minnie...

Although I did have offers for husbands who were not doing their chores. :lmao:

I really wish I would have noticed the couples swap. I missed out. Are we doing any others like this soon? I wouldn't mind hosting it if there is an interest for more.

ohana. I would be interested in the couples swap. I was bummed I missed out on it as well

Okay, NOW I'm getting it! I think this would be fun to participate in, if you start another couples swap! Count me in!

(I wouldn't have swapped my DH for anything ... well maybe, but there'd have to have been an awful lot of $$ involved! :thumbsup2 )

I would like to be involved in the Couples Swap as well...the scrapbooking one for sure.....other options would be considered depending in the details :love:

How would everyone like to do the swap? The same way as the first one was done? Do we want to have small groups? Or have one person make a small kit for a specific couple (Mickey and Minnie and one person does a photo mat and two other elements? the next person takes Ariel and Eric, and does the same, etc.). Feel free to give me some input and I'll put it all together and have sign ups by Saturday afternoon. It won't be due until probably mid August. Is that okay for everyone? Or should we push it to the end of August?

<<(Mickey and Minnie and one person does a photo mat and two other elements? the next person takes Ariel and Eric, and does the same, etc.).>>

I like this idea. Mid august works for me as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter