• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want to take a nap at the Polynesian

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
😂 😂 😂
That probably got your attention.

Mom and teen son. Our MK Day will be a Tuesday, but it's my only MK day this trip. I expect hours to be 9 am (8:30 am early entry) to 10 pm. We've been twice in the past two years so do not have the push to DO IT ALL. But, I do want to spend the whole day there so we can do our favorite things, maybe more than once, see fireworks, savor some of the stores (like Arribas), compete for high scores on Buzz, hopefully ride Tron twice.

We're staying at Caribbean Beach, so not the most convenient to get back to our resort via bus and then back to MK. So, I thought we'd take a mid day break at Poly, which is my favorite resort! I want to eat at Capt. Cooks, Pineapple Lanai, the Tiki Terrace. I'd love to get into Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, if it just falls into place, but I'm not making any specific plans to sit in a line for an hour to get my name on a list or anything.

Now - We'll be up early, and planning to stay out late. I have a tired teen boy. I will be tired too, after all the excitement, oh and the 100 degree weather.

Is there any place in Poly where my son could unobtrusively rest his eyes for a minute? Maybe mom too?

I do not mean I'm going to lay out on some bench with a pillow and blanket or anything! But is there any lounge furniture inside or out, maybe just to lean back and relax for a few???

The 2nd floor of the lobby area has a few comfy chairs/love seats along the walls that might work. I wouldn't suggest taking a long nap, but they might work for what you need. I would suggest picking up a coffee/tea/pie at the stand on that floor to give yourself a reason to be there as well.

I'm sure I've seen people dozing in the GF lobby, it's only a monorail ride away from Poly & MK. :earsboy:

The lobbies can get kind of noisy midday. Maybe bring some noise cancel headphones or something.

After lunch in the Hall of Presidents...AC, soothing voice, comfy seats. I never make it past the intro.

Last summer we boated over at 2 pm to get on the Trader Sam's list. Got some Tapu Tapu and found some comfy chairs. DS#1 passed out and had a nice hour nap. We had our pineapples parked next to us (proof of patronage :goodvibes) Pretty sure he wasn't the only one. No one batted an eyelash. It seemed like since Ohana isn't open for lunch that floor was quieter.

I saw in someone’s trip report that they took a break at the contemporary in the downstairs conference center area. You would have to check and make sure there aren’t any conferences.

There is a ton of seating in the first floor lobby. Second floor is nice, as well, but if 'Ohana and Kona are both open, it can get very busy up there. I've seen many people closing their eyes and resting at Poly.

Ditch the Poly plan and head to the Contemporary's "secret" 3rd floor where the ballrooms are at. It's always deserted and there are very comfy chairs there. Primo nap spot. :)

Can’t help with Poly but don’t think anyone would say anything. We were about an hour early for chef mickeys at Contemporary and the rest of our party wasn’t there. We went over towards the walkway to BLT and there were some comfortable chairs with ottomans. I didn’t really fall asleep but did put my feet up and had my eyes closed for that hour. Just on the verge of being asleep. It was nice and relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter