• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was able to add Genie+ to Dec reservation online - no calling!

$15 per person - per day. Lightening Lanes are included but it costs additional $ for certain rides like Rise of the Resistance, The Rat, etc.
Thanks! So you have to pay for the Genie first before getting Lightening lanes? Is it worth it for Genie alone?

I had a hotel and ticket reservation for decemeber. It thought I would have to call reservations but was able to add on Genie + on the disney website. Go into My Plans and click change reservation. Scroll down to the portion with tickets I had 3 1-dy tickets and it gave me various options to add water parks, hoppers, and/or genie+. I selected with Genie+ and completed process to change from 3-1 day park passes to 3-1 day park passes with Genie+. It was very easy. My park reservations remained intact.
mine says call to change

Thanks! So you have to pay for the Genie first before getting Lightening lanes? Is it worth it for Genie alone?

No. You do not need Genie+ to purchase a LL pass for Rise of the Resistance - for example. Most of the rides are included in the $15 Genie+ but a 2-3 rides per park is additional costs. To me, I believe it will be worth it on busier days. Light days - like mid-September, it wouldn't be worth it to me. I purchased it for our November visit.

Last edited:

If you mean the Individual (paid) Lightning Lane attractions -- no, it is not necessary to purchase Genie+ to do the paid attraction selections. Only Genie+ can be purchased for length of ticket in advance. The Individual $LL is done day-of, as early as 7am if you stay onsite or at park opening if you stay off-site.

If you mean the Individual (paid) Lightning Lane attractions -- no, it is not necessary to purchase Genie+ to do the paid attraction selections. Only Genie+ can be purchased for length of ticket in advance. The Individual $LL is done day-of, as early as 7am if you stay onsite or at park opening if you stay off-site.

You said way better than I did. lol Thanks.

Silly question - my package is not due to be paid in full for another month. If I add Genie plus now do I pay now or when I pay the whole thing off?
I was able to just add it and it added the cost to my balance. I didn’t pay any additional today. My balance is due late November.

Our hoppers are military tix. Those and our APs need to be activated. Wondering if this is why we don't have the option to add Genie+ yet. If so, that's a pain, since we arrive so late on first day.
Unless you bought them At Shades of Green, you can’t add Genie until you activate them. Huge bummer for me since we also get in very late Monday night and had MK as our first park on Tuesday. No way we could get there on the bus, activate the tickets and make genie reservations before the park opened. I just switched our days around to make Epcot our first park. We can walk there from the Boardwalk and there won’t be nearly as much stress to get on certain rides there. Had to change dining reservations and basically redo our schedule, but this new info just wasn’t available until today. I broke my shoulder five weeks ago and this trip in two weeks is going to be stressful enough without trying to madly dash to the MK to get passes for Space Mt.on our first day! Not for me—CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS will be about all I can manage.

Unless you bought them At Shades of Green, you can’t add Genie until you activate them. Huge bummer for me since we also get in very late Monday night and had MK as our first park on Tuesday. No way we could get there on the bus, activate the tickets and make genie reservations before the park opened. I just switched our days around to make Epcot our first park. We can walk there from the Boardwalk and there won’t be nearly as much stress to get on certain rides there. Had to change dining reservations and basically redo our schedule, but this new info just wasn’t available until today. I broke my shoulder five weeks ago and this trip in two weeks is going to be stressful enough without trying to madly dash to the MK to get passes for Space Mt.on our first day! Not for me—CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS will be about all I can manage.
UGH!!! Thank you for the info.

I have a room only reservation and tickets through a third party vendor - I have already done the check in for my room reservation and if I go to my plans - I don't have any options to add genie+. Do you think that you can add length of stay at Disney Springs Ticket Center? - we are heading there from the airport to eat dinner on arrival. I would like to have it all done so I don't have to purchase every day and then make ride selections.

I thought I was adding it to my tickets on the app but my confirmation says it's valid for October 19th which is today and it's close to midnight. Yikes, I hope I can call and have it changed to my actual ticket dates. Be careful you have selected the correct date before you complete your order. Oops.

Update: I was able to get a refund for the incorrect genie purchase.

Last edited:
No option to add here either for our December trip, less than 60 days away - I'm in the UK and using the UK site, which actually doesn't have any mention of Genie+ on it at all! (Seriously: if you search for it it just bounces you back to the front page.) So it's either that or that we're staying at Bonnet Creek.

I really hope there will be a solution to this; I plan on calling them after payday to add Genie+ if possible. We have a one-year-old and a four-year-old, so staying up until midnight isn't really an option, and I don't want to be rushing to buy Genie+ every morning while we're there AS WELL AS organising the LL passes.

No option to add here either for our December trip, less than 60 days away - I'm in the UK and using the UK site, which actually doesn't have any mention of Genie+ on it at all! (Seriously: if you search for it it just bounces you back to the front page.) So it's either that or that we're staying at Bonnet Creek.

I really hope there will be a solution to this; I plan on calling them after payday to add Genie+ if possible. We have a one-year-old and a four-year-old, so staying up until midnight isn't really an option, and I don't want to be rushing to buy Genie+ every morning while we're there AS WELL AS organising the LL passes.
Have you updated the app? For some reason it doesn’t update automatically in the U.K., you have to do it yourself. Although you still can’t add G+, you can at least familiarise yourself with it.

I also don't have the option to "Change Reservation" under MyPlan. We are going in about 3 weeks. I'll call them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter