I was allowed to dress up - and i'm 15!

Disney_Dreaming1

Earning My Ears
So every year since i was 10 i've dressed up in diffrent costumes including disney parks costumes. To my suprise, I've never been told to change :woohoo: And i know that i can't dress up forever so i'd like to share outfits that everyone might want to try that i plan on wearing this year :)
Ariel:

top:
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?Br=F21&Category=top&ProductID=2000023806&VariantID=

Skirt:
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pr...ory=81Bottoms&ProductID=2000013432&VariantID=

hair:
http://www.pandamiss.com/images/img...stBXdBaXXXXXXXX_!!479289920-Wedding-gowns.jpg

Pop princess :

Dress:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sequin-Dress-Child-Costume/11317230
I found this in the stores at only $5

Hair:
http://data.whicdn.com/images/4782245/tumblr_lb4vpgnznr1qdv8q2o1_400_thumb.png

or

http://www.hatcaphalloweencostumes.tk/images_products/Bridal-Wedding-Tiara-Crown-5723L6.jpg

with a side bun :)

Sassy minnie:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/56047370

And pink minnie ears

Thanks for looking hope i helped anyone out there like me , who just doesn't want to grow up :goodvibes

I think you're confusing "costume" with "themed outfits".

The rule about costumes at Disney mainly prevents anyone older than a preteen wearing one so that they're not mistaken as an employee. With what you're planning to wear, there's no way a guest would mistake you for a character CM, therefore you fall outside what that rule is meant to deal with.

If you put on a short black wig, a red headband and a Snow White halloween costume, you would not be allowed in the parks. Outfits that involve some element of a hint of a character don't register on Disney's radar as "costume".

Oh Honey, you do know that the Sassy Minnie costume is an infant costume in 18-24 month old sizing? My daughter wears that size. She just turned 2.

The Ariel outfit, (not a costume) was cute and tasteful. Have fun.

Speaking of which...we are planning on going in October of 2012, and I will have a 15 year old, 13 year old, and a 12 year old. The younger ones are easy, but I wasn't aware the older ones may be asked to changed as we have never done Halloween at Disney. My son was planning on being a ghost pirate, and my daughters were planning on going to BBB, but with costumes that we made ourselves. They planned on being princesses. So basically, I am guessing my son may be ok, but the girls I may have to make variations in their costumes. As long as they are dressed up, but don't look like the characters themselves, it should be ok, right? For instance, if my girls and I make a cute princess dress similar to the ones Disneydreaming1 pulled up from Etsy, but in a non-infant size, those would be acceptable???? Ideas please?

Speaking of which...we are planning on going in October of 2012, and I will have a 15 year old, 13 year old, and a 12 year old. The younger ones are easy, but I wasn't aware the older ones may be asked to changed as we have never done Halloween at Disney. My son was planning on being a ghost pirate, and my daughters were planning on going to BBB, but with costumes that we made ourselves. They planned on being princesses. So basically, I am guessing my son may be ok, but the girls I may have to make variations in their costumes. As long as they are dressed up, but don't look like the characters themselves, it should be ok, right? For instance, if my girls and I make a cute princess dress similar to the ones Disneydreaming1 pulled up from Etsy, but in a non-infant size, those would be acceptable???? Ideas please?

Everyone is allowed to dress up in costumes for the Halloween parties, but otherwise no one over the age of 10 is allowed to dress up in costumes in the parks. Themed outfits are fine, costumes are not.

:) these outfits are themed but i HAVE worn Disney parks costumes and no one said anything :confused3 but hey, i can't disagree with that!

Oh Honey, you do know that the Sassy Minnie costume is an infant costume in 18-24 month old sizing? My daughter wears that size. She just turned 2.

The Ariel outfit, (not a costume) was cute and tasteful. Have fun.

The dresses are custom. The seller also has belle dresses and other princesses too. :cutie:

Ok, I'll be the grump and say it...

Are you purposefully trying to break the rules? Do you realize that at some point you may well be denied access to the park based on what you're wearing?

Lots of us don't want to grow up, but that doesn't mean we get to flout the rules. I think you lucked out with the the Rapunzel stuff, because I would have considered that a costume.

To BlackBelt- this is where the whole themed outfit/costume thing comes into play with your older ones. If someone would look at your kid and think they were a CM or could get an autograph/pic with them, it's probably going to be considered a costume and you will be denied entry. You may want to rethink or at least throw shorts and a tshirt into a bag and bring it along. Anyone of any age can do BBB, its the costumes that are the issue.

Are you purposefully trying to break the rules? Do you realize that at some point you may well be denied access to the park based on what you're wearing?

Lots of us don't want to grow up, but that doesn't mean we get to flout the rules. I think you lucked out with the the Rapunzel stuff, because I would have considered that a costume.

To BlackBelt- this is where the whole themed outfit/costume thing comes into play with your older ones. If someone would look at your kid and think they were a CM or could get an autograph/pic with them, it's probably going to be considered a costume and you will be denied entry. You may want to rethink or at least throw shorts and a tshirt into a bag and bring it along. Anyone of any age can do BBB, its the costumes that are the issue.

Thanks for the warning ! But no i'm not trying to break the rules , this thread was just created to give people ideas , as i said i'm only 15 and yes, (as shocking as this may be ) i too, make mistakes ...

Everyone is allowed to dress up in costumes for the Halloween parties, but otherwise no one over the age of 10 is allowed to dress up in costumes in the parks. Themed outfits are fine, costumes are not.

Good to know! My daughters were 11 and 12 when we did BBB, and they came into the park wearing their dresses (which were Disney store dresses). We then did BBB. I don't think they could've been confused with a princess b/c of the hairpieces they did, but I wonder if they had done the traditional bun if they would've gotten busted. We had no idea. I will make sure their outfits fall more in line with the themed outfits this time than the costumes.

Here are pictures of me in my costume
WITH a hair piece
AND a offical dress
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40411049@N02/with/6325793745/
Oh, and please tell me your parents are aware you are posting your pictures on a forum! It's a great way to get the attention of the wrong people! I teach awareness and self defense, and I couldn't get off this thread without making sure you are being open with your parents about this. I would fllip if I found out any of my daughters were posting pics of themselves without my knowledge. I'm just thinking of your safety.

:thumbsup2 thanks for looking out for me! good to know that there are people out there on the boards that watch out for us "youngsters " :rotfl: my parents have accounts too ! Trust me when i say they know everything that goes on .

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Last time I did on a similar thread I was practically drawn and quartered so I was afraid to say something.
I think I remember that thread!

:thumbsup2 thanks for looking out for me! good to know that there are people out there on the boards that watch out for us "youngsters " :rotfl: my parents have accounts too ! Trust me when i say they know everything that goes on .

I'm glad your parents are aware. I wouldn't be doing my job right if I didn't care about today's youth. So many teens and pre-teens make bad decisions regarding the internet. I teach kids to be aware of their environments, and that includes the internet environment. I have a special place in my heart for training girls to kick butt b/c I was once a young girl and made some pretty life-altering mistakes. I managed to survive my mistakes, so now I make it my life's goal to make sure kids have the right tools to stay away from things that are potentially harmful. I think it is smart of your parents to be aware of what you are doing on the internet. You never know who is out there looking at what you put up. You seem like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders though, so I will shut up now. I will leave you with my motto at the karate studio I teach at: Chicks kick!

You look beautiful in the Rapunzel picture! You do look young, not under 10 by any means though. I think Disney is pretty easy going when it comes to "rules" and the idea is to not have someone looking like a princess where kids are going to want to get autographs and photos.

I know they have no issue selling a princess gown to an 11 year old at BBB and having them put it on!

You look beautiful in the Rapunzel picture! You do look young, not under 10 by any means though. I think Disney is pretty easy going when it comes to "rules" and the idea is to not have someone looking like a princess where kids are going to want to get autographs and photos.

I know they have no issue selling a princess gown to an 11 year old at BBB and having them put it on!
You are right about that!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter