• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was digging around and found...

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Some old LE 100 pins I bought 10 years ago(ish)

I poked around Ebay and they ones I found were listed for $650-$500

Seriously?

I love the pins but gosh, I want in on that action!!! hahahaha

They have to be over valued on ebay right? Over priced so they pop to the top of the list?

Pins dont really sell for that much do they?

I have the Disney Auctions Masterpiece #1 Mondrian Mouse LE 100 and several others in that series....

Thanks for any thoughts you have on the subject!

(oh and I also have the bags they came in with the bar codes on them if that helps with value.

Thanks!!

I do think those prices are a little steep. I'm no expert by far but based on the trades/wants ratio (1/110) on Pin Pics I'd say it could go for a few hundred dollars.

It is more important that you look at closed listings and see actual selling prices than the open listings (especially if they have no bids on them).

The "catch" is those particular pins have been knowing to have been scrappified and faked. People tend to be more cautious purchasing them out of fear of possibly getting a scrapper. They have value but it might take some work to find the right buyer. Many people who buy pins of that level are re-sellers trying to re-sell for profit. Most casual collectors also tend to buy from more well known sellers, newer high end pin sellers might have difficulty due to the nature of the scrapper problem.

Good luck selling them.

The "catch" is those particular pins have been knowing to have been scrappified and faked. People tend to be more cautious purchasing them out of fear of possibly getting a scrapper. They have value but it might take some work to find the right buyer. Many people who buy pins of that level are re-sellers trying to re-sell for profit. Most casual collectors also tend to buy from more well known sellers, newer high end pin sellers might have difficulty due to the nature of the scrapper problem.

Good luck selling them.

Yes, I had read a bit about that. I have the original bags they came in if that helps... Not sure what else I could come up with to prove they are legit.

I was really into collecting Disney pins from 1999 to 2003 and still have a decent collection. The pin you referred to (Mondrian Mickey) is still on ebay and is listed at $650.00 (with no offers). There are 1,312 other Disney Auction LE 100 pins on ebay that range in price from $5.99 to $400.00, most of which are in the $50 range. I then checked completed auctions for the same category (Disney Auctions LE 100) and found 1,399 completed auctions with most of those auctions (I would guess 95%) resulting in no sale. There was one pin that sold as high as $200 but the pins that sold were much lower in price. I then looked at completed auctions for the Mondrian Mickey LE 100 pin you have. There was 2 completed auctions for that pin. One auction sold at $127 and the other (asking for $450) did not sell.

The high priced listing for the Mondrian Mickey pin is fairly common in ebay, sellers will list a somewhat rare pin for a high price and hope someone thinks the pin is a "holy grail" and over spend for it. Based on the completed auctions for that specific pin, it looks like it is worth $100 - $150. Even though it isn't worth $650, the pin that sold for $22.00 is now worth 5-7 times its original price. That's pretty good.

The Disney Auctions pins started in early 2001. The pin craze was at its height in 2000 - 2002 before Disney starting making thousands of pins every month. Back then, it was a fairly close knit group of collectors that meet at WDW and collected/traded a much smaller number of pins. Disney would offer special releases and series but not too often which made collecting the LE pins a challenge and special. Now, it's out of control.

There are still very valuable pins that retain their worth but most have slipped from their lofty values they once had.

hope that helps!

Randy

Thanks for the info Randy! I love the set and am only thinking about parting with it to raise money for Avon Breast Cancer Research....

I might try posting them just to see what happens but wont get my hopes up lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter