I was doing well on Atkins, until...

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
I ate the dozen Oreo cookies today. :rolleyes: I swear I have started the induction diet every day for weeks, and keep blowing it! Good thing I've been exercising, or I'd really be a blimp!

From one Nancy to another...

GET the COOKIES out of your HOUSE!!!!

At least while you are on Induction! No one in your house needs them, they can all wait a few weeks until your body gets adjusted to the low carb way! Clean out those cupboards, seriously, Induction is hard enough when you don't have Oreos etc sitting in your face! Talk to your family and tell them the rules and how you need their support...at least for a couple weeks!

You CAN do this. IF someone would have told me in June that I would be starting Atkins in July, I would have bet anything that I would NOT be doing any such thing. However, after reading and reading and deciding enough is enough, I have to take control for myself of myself, then presto...Atkins was the way for me!

Good job on the exercising...that is half the battle right there, you are not settling for 50%, right?

I hope I don't sound mean---just encouraging;)

GIRL...GET THOSE COOKIES OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! I emptied out my pantry and fridge of all sweet things because I knew that I wasn't going to be at the place where I could just look at them on induction. I would be just like you, starting induction over and over again. Today was my last day, but I'm going to stick it out through Sat. to see how I do. I'm glad you exercise, but get those "nasty" carbs out of your body! Eventually you can have a cookie or two, but I've heard if it's something you're addicted to, then wipe it out of your diet completely. It looks for me like chocolate will have to go for awhile until I know I can have that one Atkins bar and be happy.

I've lost about 8 pounds on Induction and had someone told me earlier this year I would be doing Atkins, not eating any man-made sugar or man-made carbs and losing weight, I would have laughed them from here to next week. Look at me now though. I had a rough few days for awhile, but it gets a tad easier. As soon as I get out of Ruby's it will be so much easier. Serving the french fries, and burgers with bread and french fries just isn't what I need to see right now. Breads and potatos are my weakness.

You CAN do this.....just get those cookies out of your house and replace it with a safe sweet....SUGAR FREE JELLO! I'm going to tell you, that is my favorite aisle at Walmart now. :p If you need someone to chat with....PM me anytime!

Denise :wave: :wave:

Do not let the evil Oreos in your house...:D
i found i had to remove everything tempting... or i would crumble under the oreo pressure...

I have to agree ~ Induction is difficult enough without those good looking little calories lurking around!!!!

Get the cookies OUT ... AND... make sure you eat plentifully of legal items while going through the first few days of induction. You WILL be hungry... so EAT! I found having a well stocked fridge with all the right things - makes a world of difference in whether you can successfully get through the first tough few days.

WISHing you success!

We emptied the fridge and cupboards of all the junk food type things also...gave everything not opened to a family across the street.

Induction doesn't seem to be too big of a problem, actually I am eating better and more food than if I was on some other plans I had tried...and the weight is coming off much easier. The really cool thing..is, I don't even crave the junk food...and that is all I used to eat.

Hi, NancyIL. It looks like you had a wonderful time at the RiddleCon DIS meet. And you look wonderful in the pictures.

I agree with the other WISHers above.

Get rid of all the tempting sugar, and high carbohydrate foods and snacks if you can.

As huge as I am, I only lost six (6) pounds in the first month on Atkin's Induction Diet.

That was extremely frustrating to me. I thought that I should be losing a lot more than that in a month.

But the reason that I stayed on the diet was that I was no longer hungry all the time.

And, in general, I felt better. And I slept better.

This is a diet that can not be a stop and go type diet. I believe that if you cheat, you may actually gain weight.

It is not as forgiving as weight watchers or low calorie diets.

And I guess that it must really be a "life style diet."

I eat the majority of my 15-grams per day of carbs in salads or vegetables.

It's not easy.

You can do it.

God bless, best wishes, and encouragement, RaySharpton:)

OK, NancyIL, yesterday I ate 2 slices of pizza (with crust!!!) and then came home and ate a Little Debbie brownie with cookie dough ice cream on top! I have been on Atkins since May, but I have been slipping a little lately. A bite here, a bite there, until yesterday...Kaboom!!:p

Like you, everyday I start out telling myself that I am recommited, but most days I end up cheating, even if it's just a little.

So lets make a deal. We will both start induction again today. I know I won't cheat because I will think of you and know that you aren't cheating. I'm even going to go get some ketosis strips today. I haven't used those yet, but I think they might help me stay focused.

I have a family reunion on Sat. and it had been a planned cheat, but I have to admit that I no longer deserve that cheat. So it's off to Induction Land for me again. We can do this Nancy!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I have small children so I cannot just get rid of all the non-Induction temptations. I actually have had nightmares about forgetting and eating that last bit of mac n cheese or the last part of the granola bar, etc. It's not easy, but it can be done! I am on day 4 and haven't cheated yet and I've been faced with obstacles every day.

Every time you feel like cheating, drink an extra glass of water! If you need something sweet, we found some flavored seltzer waters that are sweetened with Splenda that are VERY sweet and are actually making me realize that I don't want the sweets, but my brain and lifetime conditioning think I do. Everytime I crave a sweet I take a taste of the seltzer. One taste makes me realize I don't want it that badly. Not badly enough to undo the hard work I've already done!

You can do this! Make sure you are eating enough of the allowed foods to be satisfied. If the between meals thing is getting you, eat smaller meals, more frequently!!! That way, you are constantly eating and don't have time to feel hungry. I find that my cravings hit if I go to long without eating. 5 hours tops for me. Start looking at the time of day you are feeling this.

You will be successful, hang in there, just do it and come here often!!! There are so many of us here who know this struggle and together we can all overcome it.

when I was on induction I bought and made the things I DO NOT LIKE, but the family liked. This way I wasn't tempted. I make these frosted shortbread cookies that everyone raves about and I can't stand so I made them and bought ice cream flavors that I didn't care for, made banana cream pie (not one of my favorites)...and so on. You can try that approach and see if it helps. I had to throw things away that were in the cabinet that I liked, but it was better than being tempted. Also, stock up on some Atkins treats and if worse comes to worse have one of them to satisfy your craving.
Good Luck!

Hang in there, Nancy! You CAN do this! I have found that some things are just too tempting to have around. For example, I can't buy those little mini chocolate chip cookies that Snackwells makes. I will eat the whole box if I do, so I just can't buy them. You aren't alone in having a temporary setback, just know that you CAN do this!

Thanks, everyone! That bag of Oreos will tempt me no more, because the 12th one finished it off! ;)

Today, so far- so good. I know it's usually the late afternoon and evening hours when I'm tempted to cheat. But I will try harder to be good!!!!

I actually forced myself to sit thru meals/snacks with my kids and didn't touch any of it! Seemed to make me feel a little powerful that I could resist the temptation.

For example:

They had fresh picked corn on the cob for dinner. I had tuna.

They had Pizza Hut. I had a salad.

Took them to the movies to see Finding Nemo and they had Movie Popcorn and slushies. I had a bottle of water and some cheese.

You can do it!! We are strong!

This was my lunch at Riddle-Con last Saturday:

fb772e42.jpg

Think I will really have to change my ways!!

Get rid of those cookies. But....buy some of the sugar free candies that have just come out. The ones with the sugar alcohol that is not digested like sugar. I bought a bag of the Reeses peanut butter cups and I swear you cannot tell they are any different than the real thing. It sure helps to have one little good cheat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter