I went bagless for the first time

Rosco1

Mouseketeer
I was in WDW the first week of June for our family reunion. It was AWESOME!

And this time--I went without any type of bag or backpack--and LOVED it!

It was so nice to skip the extra long lines at bag check and walk right in. I also did not have to store anything while riding or dining. It was so amazing!

For the same reason I got some shorts with cargo pockets...sometimes it just feels so wonderful to be unencumbered, and to avoid getting behind someone at bag check with a stroller outfitted for two weeks in the Yukon. :-)

I WANT to go bagless! But I can't seem to make it work. I use my backpack in the parks ALL the time. :(

I can never go bag less cuz of my kids plus our week there had little showers popping up but not enough to use a poncho but you know better safe than sorry. So on our last day I told my husband, I'm going bag less & poncho less. I'm tired of waiting in line at bag check & my arm hurts. Lol that day it poured while we were at Epcot!

Last trip my kids were 11 and 5. It was my first bagless and strollerless trip. It was AMAZING!

XH and I had a lanyard that carried by KTTW card, a $20 bill, ID and a credit card. Te kids held their autograph books if they brought them along.

I will never carry a bag into the parks again.

Although my SO wants to take a bag in when we go next year. He wants to carry water bottles and other things. I told him it's not necessary. We will see how it goes.

I can never go bag less cuz of my kids plus our week there had little showers popping up but not enough to use a poncho but you know better safe than sorry. So on our last day I told my husband, I'm going bag less & poncho less. I'm tired of waiting in line at bag check & my arm hurts. Lol that day it poured while we were at Epcot!

Couldn't you get those throwaway ponchos for like .99 at walmart? Those should be able to fit in a pocket or possibly wear it a carabineer attached to your belt loop?

The one time I went to Disneyland without my bag I loved it until the sun went down and the temp dropped so much I ended up spending nearly $100 on a sweatshirt, gloves, and dry socks (all stuff I normally have in or attached to my bag).

I loved the freedom of not having a bag but I'll never go without my bag again. It's just a small sling bag with straps on the outside for my coat but it carries all the essentials (extra clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses case, etc) and is much cheaper than needing something and not having it.

Couldn't you get those throwaway ponchos for like .99 at walmart? Those should be able to fit in a pocket or possibly wear it a carabineer attached to your belt loop?

We already had the disney ponchos from previous trips & they are actually not bulky but you still have to carry them. It was just funny that the day I didn't take them we actually needed them

What do you bagless folks do about cameras?

I have a Nikon L120 (yes it's old lol) and it's definitely not pocket-sized.

Me, I'd rather carry a bag than have a bunch of stuff jammed in my pockets. And then spend the rest of the day worrying about said stuff falling out of my pockets.:( Because that is what would happen!:headache:

Love bag-less trips!!!! Awesome freedom. I find that we don't need 3/4 of the stuff that we stuff in the bag anyway. Throw caution to the wind and enjoy!

Love bag-less trips!!!! Awesome freedom. I find that we don't need 3/4 of the stuff that we stuff in the bag anyway. Throw caution to the wind and enjoy!
I agree bag-less is the way to go. No waiting in check in lines, leaving the bag in a restaurant ( happen to us one time, had to go back to park after riding monorail to hotel ) when we go in fall at night tie light jacket to waist , so far enjoying the bag less life.

I was in WDW the first week of June for our family reunion. It was AWESOME!

And this time--I went without any type of bag or backpack--and LOVED it!

It was so nice to skip the extra long lines at bag check and walk right in. I also did not have to store anything while riding or dining. It was so amazing!

I've been saying that here for years. I just don't get the back packs and all the stuff people take. I've read here about people taking band aids and chap stick. It's crazy.

After schlepping a huge back pack around the Parks for years, I was hot, cranky and sick of it this past May. I found this bag, same style, different pattern, in one of the gift shops at DHS.
https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...t&.crumb=r.74HAfN.js&fr=yfp-t-901&fr2=piv-web

Vacation game changer. BEST $20 I have ever spent. It had enough space and compartments to store all the things we had to have, but after years as a pack mule, it was amazingly freeing.

I am not at the bagless point and not sure I ever will be. We have a small toddler size backpack that we leave in the stroller with a few extra things mostly for my DD and then I carry a small purse. I don't like to have lots of things in my pockets. I still try to carry as little as possible.

My mom refuses the bagless method, so when she's along I rarely go bagless since we'll wait anyway (plus it's easier if I can carry stuff so she doesn't feel like she needs to carry extra), but I LOVE no bag lines so if I'm solo I've ditched the bag and cut everything down to what will fit in my pockets.

It's addicting.

After schlepping a huge back pack around the Parks for years, I was hot, cranky and sick of it this past May. I found this bag, same style, different pattern, in one of the gift shops at DHS.
https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...t&.crumb=r.74HAfN.js&fr=yfp-t-901&fr2=piv-web

Vacation game changer. BEST $20 I have ever spent. It had enough space and compartments to store all the things we had to have, but after years as a pack mule, it was amazingly freeing.

My Mom and Sister both bought that bag and LOVED it!

I was always the bag carrier in my family--while my Hubby and Son put EVERYTHING in it......:rotfl: It was so nice not toting one around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter