I went...

We've had 3 immediate family birthdays during the lockdown. It kind of sucks. Especially when you're the one who usually does the cooking.

We just celebrated my husbands birthday yesterday, luckily, he's not picky and said all he wanted leftovers as his birthday dinner and an Entemanns cake for dessert.:worship: My son, who is turning 18 on the 14th, is more demanding. I will try to meet his requests, as I feel badly for him missing his senior year of high school and turning 18 in lockdown. Hopefully, some of the lockdown regulations will be lifted the next day on May 15.

applebees is always sad and horrible.
:laughing: OK, you may be right, it's been a while since I was in one. I was more thinking of what is it we actually miss about not being able to eat out. Is it just the food being put in front of you? No, not for us at least. It's way more about the "social event" of a restaurant meal and an ambiance even ever-so-slightly more special than your own dining room.

Not being able to be seated with my whole party would be a deal breaker to begin with, not to mention what a downer it would be to be served by stressed or resentful people in hazmat gear. Really not the vibe I'm going for and certainly not much of a gesture towards things returning to "normal", KWIM? :wave2:

out to eat with my family tonight - and it was awesome! It felt very safe - the tables were all at least ten feet apart, paper menus instead of the reusable ones, all condiments were brought in small disposable cups. All staff wore masks and gloves, and my family wore masks until our food came. It was sooo nice to be out - the waitress got almost a 40% tip just because I was in such a good mood. :cool1:

That's awesome ! We are in nyc, so going to be a while for us, but did bring in olive garden yesterday, and surprised the kids with McD breakfast today :))

Austin news reported very few diners in restaurants yesterday and today. Seems most people around here are waiting for Texas to hit it's peak number of cases and start seeing a downward trend before heading out.
When is Texas supposed to hit peak?

I won't be dining out for a while but I will be watching the numbers. It'll be interesting to see where we are in a few weeks. I did kind of go out of my way while driving to the pharmacy yesterday. Very little appears to be open in this area.

They were at their greatest when they still allowed smoking and provided no separation between smoking and non smoking sections.
LOL. I had to look. That was OVER a generation ago here. 1995. Actually, that was when smoking at all in restaurants and bars was banned here. So probably close to two generations ago for smoking areas.

LOL. I had to look. That was OVER a generation ago here. 1995. Actually, that was when smoking at all in restaurants and bars was banned here. So probably close to two generations ago for smoking areas.

The good old days!
oan7ZEu9rtmIoZMjvWUNTfdrH4PAU_FcwuS8VDDT9-E.jpg

May the Fourth be with you! Happy Birthday!!!

My DD turns 21 on Cinco de Mayo. She is super bummed that she can't do the traditional 21st Birthday Bar Crawl in her college town, so we are going to recreate the bars and their signature drinks here at home. I'm making the signs for each place today. I hope you have a great birthday even though it will be different from normal.

My son goes to Penn State so on one of the social media apps a family pulled off a fake club for a new legal birthday - using disguises for the bouncer checking ID's and everything. It was adorable & I wish I had seen it in time for my daughters 21st in March, she had midnight shots on Facetime with friends and snapped the cork into my new tequilla so that wasn't as great

I usually don’t eat out unless I am on vacation, so when our restaurants open, I doubt if I will partake. I will be happy for others and happy that people won’t need to buy so many groceries. I am looking forward to going back to weekly, as opposed to monthly, grocery shopping.

I am looking so forward to getting back out and eating in restaurant and when I can go back to shopping once every two weeks or so instead of 1-2 times a week like now lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter