I will be at WDW in mid-April. I still cannot get a FP for Flight of Passage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW_Ding

Ohana means family.
What gives? I'm something like 45 days out and I cannot get a FP to Flight of Passage on ANY of the 6 days I will be at WDW.

Something seems really wrong about that...

Just keep checking multiple times a day. Yesterday I saw one open up for a Saturday evening when we're at WDW in mid-April. I couldn't use it, sadly, I was looking for one in the morning.

FoP fastpasses are usually gone several days into the trip for people booking at the 60 day mark. Check, and check back, but I would make a backup plan of arriving well before rope drop (or planning to ride at park close.)

I have ridden it once before, in September, after waiting in stand-by for something like 90 minutes, and I just wanted to avoid doing that again.

I will keep checking, I know the drill, but my main point is that something is fundamentally wrong when a person cannot get a FP for a ride at 45 days out. All of this required planning is making WDW trips a bit of a drag...

Last edited:
Sure, I agree - but pretty much everything else should be open. FoP is THE hot ticket ride, and it’s Disney’s game, so we gotta play it.

ETA: I should add, I still miss the old FP system desperately. But it’s play the new game, skip the ride, or vote with my dollars by going elsewhere. Thus far, I choose the game...

I have ridden it once before, in September, after waiting in stand-by for something like 90 minutes, and I just wanted to avoid doing that again.

I will keep checking, I know the drill, but my main point is that something is fundamentally wrong when a person cannot get a FP for a ride at 45 days out. All of this required planning is making WDW trips a bit of a drag...

I feel like a standby wait of 90 minutes is a good day when talking about FoP.

Like others have said, keep checking and refreshing. I've had very good luck on finding them the night before and day of.

Sorry you haven't found one yet. My FP window opens tomorrow and that's the only one that has me nervous.

We just returned and rode FOP 4 time. Two rope drops (this really works), one FP at 60 + 7 (last day) and once via the VIP Ultimate Night of Adventure at AK. I did try all the tips on refreshing and checking constantly to get another FP but rope drop was my friend! First Rope drop was an EMH day with 8am opening. We arrived at 7am, followed the orderly crowd (everyone was really nice), and by 8:08AM we had ridden FOP for the first time. Then went straight to Na'vi River and completed that ride by 8:20am. Wow, magical! Time for Latte's at the comfort station! Needed another fix on day 4 (planned Epcot day), so rope dropped again and had another magical ride then off to Epcot. So, realize that Rope Drop can be your friend. It truly works like a charm!

We just returned and rode FOP 4 time. Two rope drops (this really works), one FP at 60 + 7 (last day) and once via the VIP Ultimate Night of Adventure at AK. I did try all the tips on refreshing and checking constantly to get another FP but rope drop was my friend! First Rope drop was an EMH day with 8am opening. We arrived at 7am, followed the orderly crowd (everyone was really nice), and by 8:08AM we had ridden FOP for the first time. Then went straight to Na'vi River and completed that ride by 8:20am. Wow, magical! Time for Latte's at the comfort station! Needed another fix on day 4 (planned Epcot day), so rope dropped again and had another magical ride then off to Epcot. So, realize that Rope Drop can be your friend. It truly works like a charm!

I would really like to hear your thoughts on the VIP Ultimate ight of Adventure. We have this booked for our last night, but am thinkig seriously of dropping it.

I would really like to hear your thoughts on the VIP Ultimate ight of Adventure. We have this booked for our last night, but am thinkig seriously of dropping it.
This trip was to celebrate my DD and my birthday (both the last week). We each picked a VIP tour we wanted to try. I can tell you we really enjoyed this tour. The CMs were fun and informative to all questions asked. The pace was enjoyable (we had rope dropped that morning so the pace really helped that afternoon). There were 25 of us. Everyone was very nice and we had tons of laugher! The "snack" at Satu'li Canteen was more of a meal. Plenty to eat and opportunity to try both desserts (yum). Yes it's pricey, but an afternoon/evening of rides, food, fun and laughter was had by all. I was magically impressed. We have done other VIP tours and Disney does not disappoint.

What gives? I'm something like 45 days out and I cannot get a FP to Flight of Passage on ANY of the 6 days I will be at WDW.

Something seems really wrong about that...

They have been available since 60+10 days (depending on the length of your stay) before the days you are looking. Why didn’t you look earlier? There definitely were FP available when I booked for our party of 12 at 60+3.

I think your expectations are out of whack for such a popular attraction. For my trip - 7DMT and Talking Mickey are also unavailable most days now as well.

You'll likely have more luck right before. Many people book multiple days and then decide which ones they want to keep. I was able to get one same day in December, around noon.

Sorry you haven't found one yet. My FP window opens tomorrow and that's the only one that has me nervous.
I have a “rolling 60-day” FP booking window and for the past 4 days that I’ve been checking (4:30a PT/7:30a ET), I’ve been able to book FoP at exactly 60-days out for a party of 5 guests.

The availability is for 5:30p or later in the day. Either AK is not projected to be busy in early May or the current weather conditions have knocked out power for those who need to book FPs.

They have been available since 60+10 days (depending on the length of your stay) before the days you are looking. Why didn’t you look earlier? There definitely were FP available when I booked for our party of 12 at 60+3.

I think your expectations are out of whack for such a popular attraction. For my trip - 7DMT and Talking Mickey are also unavailable most days now as well.

I didn’t book earlier because we just decided to go a few days ago. Spur of the moment type of thing.

Keep checking. Yesterday, I had to cancel five FP for FoP on March 29. Sad for me, but I'm sure someone else was jumping up and down. I lucked into two FP for FoP for our arrival night, so that softened the blow. I'm going to keep checking-- mostly the days before and the day of-- and hope I can get a couple more for arrival night so my husband and I can ride with the kids.
We won't be doing rope drop this trip, because it doesn't work with our short schedule, but that's always a good option.

Well then your expectations are truly out of whack.

The reality is that, yes, my expectations don’t match the reality of the situation.

My larger point though, as I’ve stated, is that when a guest can’t get a FP for a ride at 45 days out, something about the system seems off. It is bad for WDW because it fosters ill feelings. It is bad for guests because they spend thousands for the visit, yet cannot get accommodated in a way that seems reasonable (reasonable, at least, to the general public.)

The reality is that, yes, my expectations don’t match the reality of the situation.

My larger point though, as I’ve stated, is that when a guest can’t get a FP for a ride at 45 days out, something about the system seems off. It is bad for WDW because it fosters ill feelings. It is bad for guests because they spend thousands for the visit, yet cannot get accommodated in a way that seems reasonable (reasonable, at least, to the general public.)

The one good thing about the popularity of FOP is that I think it makes booking fp's easier at other parks. People tend to book 2 or 3 days of AK fp's now with the intention of probably only going to AK on 1 day.

I also think FOP may become a bit easier to get once fp's become available for the new ToyStory land in HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter