I wish DCL

The law of physics kind of limits how big the pools at be. As the pools get bigger, the area around the pool that catches the water in rough seas needs to get bigger. A huge slosh of water in rough seas could hurt a lot of people
I understand this but I also know I’ve been on many other cruises in the past on different lines and they always had bigger pools to fit more people in! I never remember being so cramped in a pool like I do on DCL. Just my wish!

The law of physics kind of limits how big the pools at be. As the pools get bigger, the area around the pool that catches the water in rough seas needs to get bigger. A huge slosh of water in rough seas could hurt a lot of people
Gotta love the free surface effect :)

Had the beds that split into two real beds. I would definitely enjoy the sleep experience better when I travel with friends.

Not to be a wet blanket, but with such a heavy "Family Cruising" market, I doubt this would ever be an option. I've sailed with Norwegian and had to deal with the split beds before. Not a pleasant experience in any way shape or form.

But keep on wishing! You never know!

Not to be a wet blanket, but with such a heavy "Family Cruising" market, I doubt this would ever be an option. I've sailed with Norwegian and had to deal with the split beds before. Not a pleasant experience in any way shape or form.

Well, the beds used to be like other cruise lines (twins that are pushed together to create the queen bed). That all changed in 2010. I agree it makes things uncomfortable when friends are traveling together, as one gets the "real" bed and the other has to make do with the sofa/Murphy/bunk bed.

I think they should maybe make every other, or every third room with the option of splitting the queen.

I wish they would revise their policy of how much liquor you could bring onboard to how it was in the olden days, or at least have a policy that takes into account of the number of days you are cruising and allow according to length of cruise instead of a flat, two bottles of wine or a six pack of beer per person per cruise.
or maybe ONE 750ml bottle of bourbon - lol

Cubby holes for your stuff in pool areas to free up loungers. Your towel doesn’t need to sunbathe while you are in the water.

We saw and used these on the Wonder! They were near the slide. I think they were intended just for sunglasses, flip flops, etc. when riding the slide, but they didn't seem to be in heavy use so we figured it would be okay to place some things here so we didn't take up a lounger.

I think cubbies like those pictured in Post 69 by @PrincessShmoo are on Deck 12 on the Fantasy, near where you get on the Aquaduck and are not really convenient to the pools on Deck 11. I especially wouldn't want to leave my things there if I was using the family pool or adult pool.

....would return the practice of having the cabin steward put the next' day's Navigator on the bed each evening. The app was too difficult for us to use effectively, (we are both seniors) so we missed out on lots of activities.

They had them out on each end of the counter on the Fantasy in August.

You can also ask your stateroom host and they should give you one each evening. I have seen reports that that option is hit or miss though. It worked for us.

This didn't work for us. We had to ask for a navigator each time because the host said that they can't provide these anymore. We didn't want to traipse back downstairs to Guest Services, and by mid-morning, they were gone. So frustrating.

This past spring (March/April).

We were on the Fantasy this past January and they had stopped leaving them then. I was able to use the app. On our past cruises I would keep my phone off and in the safe for the entire cruise. I prefer not carrying my phone everywhere, so I also prefer the paper navigators.

I wish they would lower prices.

Less open house time for the oceaneers lab and club.... it was almost always completely empty, if not empty there were two children max... every time.... yet again.

I think they did toddler time in Andy's room and just used the Andy's room portion once or twice... that is a better alternative vs. closing off the entire lab or club to almost all children.

Open house doesn’t close it off. It allows for anyone to go, and that does include your family. And the kids can go to the other side if the parents don’t want to stay.

Your experience with so few people being there is definitely not an experience I’ve had.

A ban on strollers and scooters.

I can get behind the stroller idea, but scooters? Mobility devices for those who can’t move easily on their own? Nah. Can’t get behind that.

And frankly some strollers are used in the same way for some kids. So I might as well shy away from judging those.

And yet other ships have bigger pools and haven’t capsized because of it.

Beds that separate doesn’t mean it’s not for families. They separate and go back together, after all.

And yet other ships have bigger pools and haven’t capsized because of it.
Never been on a ship with a huge pool. They don't capsize, the sloshing pool water could wash passengers overboard. What ship have you seen with big pools? Everything seems to show about the same zie, however a few ships brag of having DEEPER pools.

Last edited:
Open house doesn’t close it off. It allows for anyone to go, and that does include your family. And the kids can go to the other side if the parents don’t want to stay.

Your experience with so few people being there is definitely not an experience I’ve had.

I can get behind the stroller idea, but scooters? Mobility devices for those who can’t move easily on their own? Nah. Can’t get behind that.

And frankly some strollers are used in the same way for some kids. So I might as well shy away from judging those.

I meant "closed off" for children who do not have their parents with them... It has been my experience on many past cruises that the children without parents number 30-100 on one side (for example lab), while 1-3 families are on the other side (for example club), every single time they offer "open house". I swear I'm not making that up, and I've asked counselors from time to time as well. Note that I'm NOT advocating for abolishing the "open house", just reduce it, the numbers seem to speak for themselves, every time, on the cruises we've been on. Of course, other people's experiences may vary, but I really think that DCL should have the counselors tracking this WITH NUMBERS, and they should adjust it at least from that data.

As far as strollers go.... I don't think they should be banned. Strollers have less foot print than scooters and are usually more maneuverable and collapsible as well.
I would never advocate to ban scooters that are actually needed for medical reasons, and I wouldn't advocate to ban strollers either.
DCL is standing out among cruise lines as child-friendly, family-friendly, extremely accommodating to all disabilities, allergies, etc. I love that about Disney!

On the navigators - yes, I also love the paper navigators. We use them and save them. We were able to request them be put in our room. But yes, we are missing one, because they were gone and I had not known about the change. I think this could be an opt-in, or opt-out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter