I Wish I had NOT Packed...

A cooler-I traveled ALONE and just DID NOT need it!:rolleyes: Also, Moleskin as I wore my OLD shoes and rested a LOT!

I always pack a puzzle book and a paper back. Never do need them at WDW!

Wow, what a great question!

I packed really light, so there wasn't much, I didn't use.
The only things I can think of were... A shirt that was really cute, but a little too snug... and the whole Orlando Entertainment Coupon book. I would've been better off to just bring the coupons I'd probably be using.

:jester:

Too many clothes. You always end up wearing what you love anyway...and we bought t-shirts the first day, and hubby and ds wore them the whole time. Plus it's USUALLY much warmer there, so now I only take 2 warm outfits. (You can always buy a cheap sweatshirt at walmart!)

Probably 6 pairs of shoes. Partner goes crazy about it and 4 handbags.

I also but about 5 or 6 apirs when I'm in the US and about 4 handbags(purses) come to think of it sunglasses are a bit of weakness too.

Shelley

Shelly,

You are not alone!!! There are alot of us closet shoe and handbag people out there. It really is a difficult habit to break!!:D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm in college and so we always go on a school break. I always bring my books and homework and say I'll do some catching up.......It NEVER happens!!!:rolleyes:

On my WDW trip, I took almost all of my WDW travel guide books! :rolleyes: I used one -- The Passporter.

My husband insisted, both the two trips we have made, on bringing short sleve dress shirts and has not worn them either time - but still wants to bring them along! Then he buys some new t-shirts as he doesn't have enough.

As for me I brought to many shoes!

I guess we thought we would do 'dressier' stuff in the evenings but were always to tired from the parks

Rain ponchos. Bought them at Walmart for $3 apiece and have yet to use them on the past 3 trips. They take up room at the bottom of the back pack. Of course the one time we don't take them we will have rain!

Oh, and sanitary supplies on our first trip. Didn't realize until I got home that I wouldn't need them for at least 9 more months ;-)
:earsgirl:
47 more days!

Originally posted by catwho

Oh, and sanitary supplies on our first trip. Didn't realize until I got home that I wouldn't need them for at least 9 more months ;-)
47 more days!

Tee hee! How fun!

I should have left three-quarters of the junk I brought with me at home.. :( I swear - I was prepared for just about everything and anything.. Small sewing kit, moleskin, stationary & envelopes, EIGHT mister fans, rubber bands, about 80 safety pins, 2 purses, 10 different kinds of perfume, 3 pairs of shoes, 10 pieces of identification, ALL of my Disney guide books, every single piece of literature I had collected in a year in regards to Disney/Orlando, can opener, iron, room freshner, 3 hats, 3 kinds of sunscreen, motion sickness medicine, and on and on and on...........................

I literally could have stayed in Florida and set up housekeeping for SIX MONTHS with all the stuff I brought.. :(

Think it must be OCD - I'm so afraid SOMETHING is going to happen and I'm not going to be prepared.. My poor son-in-law was about ready to strangle me as his wife (my daughter) packs the same way and he had to try to cram all this stuff - in addition to what we bought down there - in the rental car when we decided to drive home rather than fly (we were there Sept. 9th thru the 23rd)..

Think it must be OCD - I'm so afraid SOMETHING is going to happen and I'm not going to be prepared.. My poor son-in-law was about ready to strangle me as his wife (my daughter) packs the same way and he had to try to cram all this stuff - in addition to what we bought down there - in the rental car when we decided to drive home rather than fly (we were there Sept. 9th thru the 23rd)..

Wow!! What a time to be at Disney. I don't frequent the trip updates much (maybe I should start? LOL!) What was the overall mood? I remember hearing about them closing the parks that day (the 11th) but what about after that? When did they reopen? I suppose next trip you will also pack a gas mask and anti-terrorism kit? :D

46 more days!

The parks re-opened the next day - with heightened security in place..

For the most part all of the adults (ourselves included) were walking around with these rather puzzled, bewildered, shocked, sad looks on our faces - while all the time trying to act like everything was fine for the little ones..

The atmosphere definitely changed - you could literally "feel" it in the air - but the CM's were absolutely GREAT!!!! Seemed to try much, much harder to be sure everyone was having a good time - were much chattier and willing to do just about anything except stand on their heads to please visitors..

As fate would have it, we happen to be residents of New York and whenever a CM learned this the outpouring of sympathy and caring was astounding - and more importantly, VERY sincere..

Was a very bittersweet trip for me - the first time back since 1986 - and the very first time with my 3 year old granddaughter.. It was the best and worst vacation all rolled into one and certainly a vacation I will never, ever forget.. :(

Thank you for sharing that!! What a memory you will have of your vacation. I thought honestly of cancelling our upcoming vacation and then decided not to. My reasoning was if bin Ladan was going to bomb WDW then hopefully I will be at the Norway Pavillion in Epcot and just get sent straight up to Valhalla LOL!! I'm glad I didn't let my fears control me!

45 more days!

I'm SOOOOO jealous of your upcoming trip!! Wish I was going too..

May sound odd, but ever since I returned home I have felt this overwhelming need to go BACK to Disney World and do that trip over again.. I don't know if I think I can make the "bad" part (the terrorist attacks) disappear or what - but I just CAN'T leave the memory of that trip the way that it stands now.. It actually hurts to think about it.. :( I'm hoping to go back again either in Dec. of 02 or Jan. of 03.. May sound silly, but never in my life have I felt so strongly about something I MUST do..

Anyhow - have a GREAT trip - and remember that there's one VERY jealous lady thinking of you!! :)

hey, C. Ann, I think your problem is that you are reading the disboards! LOL!!! We had thought somewhat of making Disney our annual vacation instead of every 18 months. When we got back from our last trip and I found the DisBoards, I became *completely* addicted and now not only do we want to go back every year, we are planning to go down twice in 2003 (once as a family and once as just dh and me for our 15th anniversary) LOL!!! I was just mildly addicted before. Of course we can drive, so we don't have airfare to pay, but I think I would still want to go at least every year even if I did have to fly!

45 more days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter