I "Wish" I understood this

disnee9

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are platinum cruisers. We intend to each book a cabin on the Wish, not the maiden voyage, and use an onboard booking offer which is leftover from a canceled cruise.

Will this discount/shipboard credit offer apply to both cabins ????

Are you planning to use an actual onboard booking (OBB) initially made during a pre-pandemic cruise? Or do you mean a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) from a pandemic-canceled cruise? The OBB is a single cruise/single stateroom unless you have more than one. If you are using FCC and it is large enough, my understanding is that it can be split across multiple cruises.

I did this recently, we had OBB from a pre-pandemic cruise and FCC from a pandemic cancelled cruise. Initially it was 3 of us in one stateroom and I wanted to book two staterooms on a new cruise. The OBB was only valid for one cabin, the second one was booked a full price and everyone's individual FCC was applied to them on the new booking. It worked out that one stateroom was paid in full and had FCC left over (new cruise was cheaper) and the second stateroom had a balance owed as we'd added an extra person.

We used an OBB to book a cruise that was then canceled. Now if I understand it correctly, we are still entitled to an OBB incentive and the FCC we received from the canceled cruise to be used on a future cruise ???

I assume we can use the FCC on which ever cruise we choose to. I am thinking of saving it for an Alaskan cruise while booking the Wish in the interim ??

I assume we can use the FCC on which ever cruise we choose to. I am thinking of saving it for an Alaskan cruise while booking the Wish in the interim ??

You can use the Onboard Booking Benefit and the Future Cruise Credit on a future sailing as long as (a) the new cruise is before the expiration date of the benefit/credit and (b) the new cruise is not on a block-out date.

When I received the option of a Future Cruise Credit in April, the message said it would be valid only for sailing departing through September 30, 2022, and that “Select Disney Wish block-out dates apply.” So, an Alaskan cruise in summer 2022 would qualify, but some summer 2022 Wish cruises may not.

We used an OBB to book a cruise that was then canceled. Now if I understand it correctly, we are still entitled to an OBB incentive and the FCC we received from the canceled cruise to be used on a future cruise ???
The OBB discount (and OBC if you qualify) will only apply to 1 stateroom.

The FCC is "per passenger" and can be divided across multiple cruises if needed (if you have a very large amount of FCC). It cannot be directly shared with other passengers for their fare.

As PP mentions, there is an expiration date for the OBB and FCC. I believe that is September 2022. You can use both together or on separate cruises. Just be mindful of blackouts for the Wish (right now I think only the maiden voyage has been declared a blackout but I don't know if other dates may be added to that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter