I would like to hear comments about the new bus system at OKW

Dennis the WDW Menace

Mouseketeer
We will be going "Home" Sept. 23 to OKW and I have not seen any new comments on the new bus system at OKW. Is it working out well and what are the changes that have been made? We try to stay close to Turtle Pond bus stop, how is this stop affected by the change? Are they using the new buses yet? We are so excited because this is my first trip back since I was very ill and had to have several surgeries, I am doing so good that we planned a trip to celebrate. I think that it was all of the pixie dust that you all sent to me, boy that stuff does work!!!!
:bounce:

I just got off a bus from Epcot to OKW. Our driver was a Transportation/Safety Manager- driving a route to stay in touch with the problems drivers face daily. We talked about the "On-Demand" system and they are pleased, thus far, with the progres made. We were here in March when it began as a disaster, but that bad beginning has led to many improvements. The drivers are now on board with the prospects for the new program and it does seem to be working well. We have not had a wait of more than 15 minutes thus far- either at OKW or at a park.

The new system is designed to try to optimize the bus transport (currently with 239 buses and 29 more on the way- plus 950+ drivers). They realize that there is a limit on what buses can handle and what the roads can handle. The hope is that they can maximize bus efficiency while they continue to finalize details of the long rumored monorail expansion.

Anyway- the bus system seems to be working, with the promise of an expanded monorail in the next 10 years.

Stay Tuned!

Could someone please enlighten me on the new transportation system. We were there in June and didn'r notice anything different.Was something happening right in front of me that I didn't notice? I'm afraid those 70's expirements still impair my perception.

I just got back from OKW and guest services has someone at the bus stop ask people where they are going then punches it in a portable palm pilot that signals the Disney Transportation main terminal to send a bus to where you want to go.It seems to work OK sometimes.

Thanks Doc for the update, I know that I can count on you for all of the latest info. I am glad that the new system is working out well, I like to take the bus to the parks because it does save time and I can relax with the family on the way to the park.
RONfromRI, they started a on-demand bus system and it should not be very noticeable if you did not know that they were making this change. If you did not realize that someone was tracking the bus system and you did not have long wait times then it is working. I hope that you enjoyed your trip last June. We are looking forward to our trip and are counting the days.
Thank you again Doc and pluvc1993 for your help.
:bounce:

Thanks Dennis.

Another question to clear my constant mental anguish and confusion that I always blame on my Catholic upbringing by the Sisters of Perpetual Menapause (just kidding as always); If I didn't know there was someone monitoring my destination, how did anyone know what my destination was? How could they get a bus for me? I would like to mention that the bus service at OKW was usually adequate, however getting back to OKW wasn't always always so easy.

We were there from the 19th through the 29th. Stayed at both BWV and OKW and bus service was excellent from both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter