I would LOVE a tech-savvy person to...

saylorbunch

Mouseketeer
Design a program where, we type in Point A and Point B, and the program tells us what is the best way per method of transportation to get there! We're driving this time, and I think I'll be having to do a lot of research on where is the best place to park for certain places/events. I'd love to just type in, "Hollywood Studios to Beaches and Cream", and voila! It tells me how to get there??? Anyone? And, can you have it done by August 19th please? Lol!

Robo should be along with a map for you shortly! It's not that high-tech, but it sure does the job! ;)

Get the various addresses before you leave and any GPS will do that for you! (I'm assuming that you are driving when you talk about parking!)

Otherwise - theme park to hotel - busses are always available. If you are in a hurry or it is late at night - taxis are worth the $!

1. Wdwinfo.com (DIS boards website) has such a tool.

2. Although I never recommend it due to past inaccuracies I have seen, Our Laughing Place site also has both a transportation wizard and an app. Works just like that. But I would double check any answers you get for anything that doesn't seem straightforward.

Just hop on the friendship boat to beach club & follow signage. After your meal take boat back to DHS. No need to get in the car.

Beaches and Cream is a restaurant at the Beach Club.

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

I have a free app called Disney Parks mobile magic and it has this. You just choose the More option then you click on Transportation. You can pick point A and point B. Easy.

I put in HS to Beach Club and it gives driving options or Friendship boat options. It's a free app.

We had a rental car in April and my dh was shocked that I never wanted to ride on the bus. I was a true blue Disney Transportation person. It never took more than 5 minutes to get anywhere. We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort. The longest drive was probably driving around the parking lot at DtD, but they are pretty good letting you know which parking lot is open.
We also had our old GPS and it was totally worth it. We had no problem parking in any of the resort's parking lots. We had our sticker in our window, we had to show a picture ID and once we were asked for our Ressie Number for Cape May when we parked at the Yacht Club, but then the attendant said, "Oh go ahead, I'm just kidding."

Disney is pretty good with signs for resorts and parks and if you miss it, you just circle back around.

We had a rental car in April and my dh was shocked that I never wanted to ride on the bus. I was a true blue Disney Transportation person. It never took more than 5 minutes to get anywhere. We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort. The longest drive was probably driving around the parking lot at DtD, but they are pretty good letting you know which parking lot is open.
We also had our old GPS and it was totally worth it. We had no problem parking in any of the resort's parking lots. We had our sticker in our window, we had to show a picture ID and once we were asked for our Ressie Number for Cape May when we parked at the Yacht Club, but then the attendant said, "Oh go ahead, I'm just kidding."

Disney is pretty good with signs for resorts and parks and if you miss it, you just circle back around.

We are driving people - never never never want to take the bus. Now you might want to take it from time to time (I can hear everyone screaming now to take it from your resort to MK) but we don't. Driving-wise everything is well marked on the signs if you have a good idea of where you are going. Example the All Stars Resorts rarely appear on a sign - to get to them you just head / follow signs to Animal Kingsdom and at the last minute you'll see signs for the All Stars. I followed the same reasoning for POFQ - followed signs for DTD and then close to the end you find the signs for the Port Orleans Resorts. A general map is handy but don''t look at the streets just know what something is close to (park wise) and you are there!

I would take the Friendship boat from DHS to Beach Club or as I recall you can easily walk if I was going back to DHS rather than move the car from the parking lot. And when we stayed at POFQ we did take the boat from there to DTD - it was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter