ICDs

SbgK16

Earning My Ears
Hello all!
I am very new to this forum thing but have been going to WDW my entire life. I had an ICD placement 2 1/2 years ago more for precautionary reasons. I have DCM and test positive for the gene for sudden cardiac arrest. I have never had an episode and my ICD is currently not even used for pacing, they will unlock that feature when needed. I have been reading many of the previous conversations about WDW with an ICD and everything I have come across is about 10 years old or so. My question is, Has anyone been recently with an ICD? What rides did you avoid (if any)? I am a ride fanatic and it is really bugging me that I might not be able to ride some of my favorites. I have consulted both of my Cardiologists and one said I had no restrictions and one cautioned me against roller coasters. So I feel stuck on my decision. Please help! We leave for WDW in a week!!

Did the one who cautioned against roller coasters give any idea of what types of roller coasters or concerns?

For example, almost all of the roller coasters at Universal are very intense and many include inversions. Many have over the shoulder restraints.

At WDW, the only one with inversions is Rock N Roller Coaster. I believe that is also the only WDW roller coaster with an over the shoulder restraint.

The only reason they gave was that they have had patients have a "near shock" was all and that they caution all patients against roller coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter