• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ice Cream's Poll - Bestest Ice Cream?

Fenton's Swiss Milk Chocolate (Yes, Up fans, there is a Fenton's)
Tillamook Malted Moo Shake
Baskin Robbins Chocolate Chip (old school pick)
Ben & Jerry's Coffee Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz (haven't seen it for a while)
Swensen's Sticky Chewy Chocolate (RIP mostly - one store remains in SF)
Absolutely love all of these! Only one I haven't seen or tried is the Ben & Jerry's flavor, sounds good though. I had the Swiss Milk Chocolate at the Fenton's in Vacaville, get it topped with the Jersey whipped cream, yum. We visited Swensen's last summer, I also liked the swiss orange chip.

When it comes to ice cream, I have two friends: Ben and Jerry :)
Seriously, I do prefer Häagen Dazs... but my favourite ice cream EVER comes from a tiny sea side village in the south of the country on the coast - Salcombe Dairy. Oh wow. That is AMAZING!

Last edited:

My absolute favorite is black raspberry which is hard to find here in the midwest. Nothing compares to the Perry's brand I grew up with in WNY.
Oh yeah, we used to get black raspberry soft serve at a little place in Painted Post! Never seen it anywhere else, but your post brings back good memories. :love:

Peppermint stick
Ginger
Black cherry chocolate chip (especially if it's made with amaretto ice cream)
Butter brickle
Chocolate peppermint
Peanut butter
ETA Chunky Monkey, but that's an emotional winner. Every vacation, DD and I get a pint of Chunky Monkey to share on the first night. We turn on a movie, get in bed with the ice cream and 2 spoons, and start vacation!!

Last edited:
I'm partial to caramel, toffee, or coffee flavors.
Tillamook Caramel Toffee Crunch and Bruster's Butter Brickle have been recent hits.
I don't eat it often though. I still have ice cream in the freezer that I bought at the end of summer. (Tillamook Black Cherry and Tillamook Coffee Almond Fudge).

Graeter’s Coconut Chocolate Chip.

View attachment 739249
Sounds delicious! Reminds me of a Mounds bar. Right now I love Moose Tracks. Also, HEB makes a Coconut Almond that I love. Actually there aren't too many flavors I don't love, except maybe Rum Raisin and some weird ice cream flavors I saw the other night on TV where a family was in an ice cream shop in Thailand-they had wasabi and some flavor like a spicy shrimp soup.

This looks amazing! I've seen Graeter's before with the other high end brands, it's really expensive though so I've never bought it.

Yeah, I am sure it gets really expensive once you get outside of its hometown (and where I live) Cincinnati.

My absolute favorite is black raspberry which is hard to find here in the midwest. Nothing compares to the Perry's brand I grew up with in WNY.
Friendly’s makes a delicious black raspberry. My other favorites are Friendly’s pistachio and chocolate almond chip. Once in a while I’ll get Ben & Jerry’s: either Chunky Monkey or Cherry Garcia.

Last edited:
Not sure if the question is about Brand or flavor. I really like Hershey's brand but it is difficult to find. I will not buy Ben & Jerry's and any others that only sell in tiny pints for a small fortune!

Flavors are dependent upon mood or use. If I'm making a sundae, I really want a rich vanilla bean. If I'm eating it plain in a bowl or cone, then I like cookies & cream or a fudge & caramel swirl.

Other than nuts, I will eat most ice cream or sherbet flavor. Ice cream is one of my favorite desserts.

I like Cherry Garcia and usually anything with caramel. There's a local place that has ice cream for breakfast every year and one of the ice cream flavors served is Maple Bacon. It's surprisingly good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter