• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ice in Ziplock bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody5

Mouseketeer
Can you still bring ice in Ziplock bags into the parks? I know loose ice is not permitted. Thanks

We use ice pack bags that are intended for injuries. We fill them with fresh ice every morning and use them like ice blocks. They work well because they don’t leak.

Speaking of Zip locks. A year or so after I moved to NC, hurricane Sandy was determined to make land fall in NC. Although I live a ways inland, it was thought that it might head in. Anyway, the pre-storm panic hit and people were buying bottled water practically in truck loads. I bought a box of Gallon Zip locks and filled them with tap water and neatly stored them in a cardboard box. Sandy did damage to the outer banks, then continued up the coast to the New York, New England area. I knew that pouring water out of a Zip lock in a controlled way would be challenging but I happily never got to test it out,

Speaking of Zip locks. A year or so after I moved to NC, hurricane Sandy was determined to make land fall in NC. Although I live a ways inland, it was thought that it might head in. Anyway, the pre-storm panic hit and people were buying bottled water practically in truck loads. I bought a box of Gallon Zip locks and filled them with tap water and neatly stored them in a cardboard box. Sandy did damage to the outer banks, then continued up the coast to the New York, New England area. I knew that pouring water out of a Zip lock in a controlled way would be challenging but I happily never got to test it out,
That was a really good idea ... and then, if not used, you still have the ziplocks to dry out and use.

I recommend freezing water bottles and using those as ice to keep your cooler cold. Then, when they melt, you have water to drink.

Thanks for the suggestions. Since we are staying at All Star Movies, I don’t think I will be able to freeze but a couple bottles of water. With 7 of us, bringing drinks to the parks saves a lot of money.

My wife found backpacks (regular size) that are insulated. Work really well. We love the frozen water bottles but a lot of times we wind up using ice in ziplock bags because hotel room only has fridge no freezer.

I got a really cute insulated backpack at Aldi’s for $12. Not mini but not full size, kind of in between. Love it!

Yes, it is still allowed to bring ice in Ziplock bags into parks. However, loose ice is not allowed.

That was a really good idea ... and then, if not used, you still have the ziplocks to dry out and use.
It beat the hell out of paying and arm and a leg for bottled water. I don't know why people panic so much about things like that, Electricity is the biggest thing especially if you live in an all electric apartment. When the power goes out you can buy battery powered lanterns (which I did) but the unless it's a flood, clean water is the last thing you use up. If your reservoir is higher than your house you will have water. If you have water towers then they need pumps to fill them up from reservoir and gravity feed the rest of the way. Pumps can be operated with fuel powered generators. So if no lines are broken you should have water. Toilets will flush but you will not have hot water unless it is a gas operated water heater.

As far as food is concerned get to like spaghetti-o's straight from the can and all will be good.

No, they mean loose as in just dumped into a cooler or carrying bag. It has to be contained in something, like a ziplock bag, within the cooler or carrying bag.
Yes, I know, but if the purpose was to keep things cool, in the Florida heat, it wouldn't remain being ice for to long and then you will just have bags of warm water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter