• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Icy straight point excursions

I would highly recommend Glacier Wind too! We had an amazing time sailing with them.

I’d also recommend Hoonah ATV. Joe sends you off in your own ATV with a GPS, an emergency call button, and a can of bear spray. It was so much fun!

https://hoonahatvtours.com/

Attachments

• IMG_5905.jpeg
    IMG_5905.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 6
I would highly recommend Glacier Wind too! We had an amazing time sailing with them.

I’d also recommend Hoonah ATV. Joe sends you off in your own ATV with a GPS, an emergency call button, and a can of bear spray. It was so much fun!

https://hoonahatvtours.com/
The ATV tour looks fun. Do you get muddy? I’m not sure I would want to do a lot of bumpy off-roading but if it’s simple then that would be cool. What are some places you drive to?

Last year I walked into Hoona, had lunch from the Fisherman's Daughter, and some refreshing beverages from Icy Straight Brewing. I liked getting away from the ship area to see a bit more of the real town.

I am surprised that there has been no reference to the ZipRide. There is now a gondola to get to the top, but when I first did it years ago, there was an interesting bus ride up the back to get to the zipline. Just taking the gondola up is a nice ride with a nice view at the top -- doing the zip is separate if one wants.

One visit to ISP; we had a combo whale watch with zip line. I think the price has gone up dearly in 3 years.

There’s not a lot to do in this less-developed port. Low-cost, the walk to Hoonah, along the waterfront, looks nice, if simple.

I really enjoyed the setting for whale watching. Loved the zip line (90 seconds of excitement plus the pre-zip build-up in your head). It was so comfortable to sit and not have to grab and hold something above your head - and no gear around your groin. Yeah, I enjoyed that.

Loved the zip line (90 seconds of excitement plus the pre-zip build-up in your head). It was so comfortable to sit and not have to grab and hold something above your head - and no gear around your groin. Yeah, I enjoyed that.
Even if DS had been old enough, it looked like a nightmare! I can do ropes courses and such, and don't mind zip lines across areas...but that one...scary!

Even if DS had been old enough, it looked like a nightmare! I can do ropes courses and such, and don't mind zip lines across areas...but that one...scary!
We did the zip line last year. We're in our 60s and loved it! Unfortunately, it was foggy and rainy so we didn't have a great view, but it was worth the price to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter