ID/Drivers License on Phone?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
ETA: This is NOT a picture of my drivers license. It’s a digital form of ID.

Is this an acceptable form of ID at WDW?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Disney Website, probably depends on what you are using it for.
  • U.S. state driver’s license (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. state ID (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. military ID
  • Original passport
  • Copy of passport (either on paper or captured on a mobile device), along with a government-issued photo ID** that can verify the person and birth date shown on the copy
  • NEXUS card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (Canadian Guests only)

Last edited:
no, a photograph/copy of your US license is not acceptable... for international visitors they will accept a copy of a passport if accompanied by a govt. issued photo ID but that's very specific to international visitors.

It's Florida law you have to follow though, and Florida doesn't seem to say it will accept an ID from an app even if it's legal in another state. Definitely check Florida law first

Just curious, I’m a grand loser of stuff and it would be one less thing to worry about.

Just curious, I’m a grand loser of stuff and it would be one less thing to worry about.

Get one of those little rubber pockets you stick to your phone and it holds your ID. Or put it inside your phone case where it is secure.

Does it matter why the ID is needed? I could see my adult children needing an original ID to order beer or alcoholic cocktails. I think I've used a picture of my ID on my phone along with my blue DVC card for discounts. I don't remember any details, but I have a picture of these on my phone so I likely used it. Now I'm worried that I'll have to carry a wallet into the parks. The back of my phone is taken up by a pop-socket, so I won't have room for a card holder and I also need multiple ID/memberships, credit card, and in case my phone dies a KTTWK to get back into my room...
So, depending on why an ID is needed, I hope there are options :confused3

The Florida law cited in post #3 applies to asking for ID regarding sale of alcoholic beverages, as for displaying an ID, DVC card, etc. to get discounts, only WDW would be able to answer that, and I've never tried to show them photos of my ID, DVC or annual pass card.

as for displaying an ID, DVC card, etc. to get discounts, only WDW would be able to answer that, and I've never tried to show them photos of my ID, DVC or annual pass card.
DVC has a digital ID card on the member website and they specifically mention taking a screen shot of it for any applicable discounts.
For AP discounts, I show the affiliation in MDE which has my name and pass expiration.
I never go anywhere without my wallet, so I always have my DL with me.

FL is piloting a digital ID program now. No word on when it will be available to the general public.

For something like ID, due to fraud potential, most places will not accept a photo replacement. Yeah, you can get fake IDs and have since the beginning of time, but it's harder to get a fake ID than to just photoshop something and toss it on your phone. I would expect to need to carry some form of ID (or depending on why you think you do or don't want it, none at all). If I'm not going to drink, I have left my ID in another bag back in my room. Most of the time, however, I do carry it. I use a small cross body bag or fannie pack, or toss it and a credit card and my annual pass inside my phone case or a small wallet. Or make my husband carry it. :)

I have used my LA Wallet driver's license to purchase alcohol at the Germany beer stand in EPCOT. And, it is not a photo or reproduction of my license, it is my actual license that is digitally located on my cell phone. I also have a traditional driver's license, the physical card type that I bring when travelling as a backup, just in case I were to get stopped.

It also shows your vaccine status if you want it to.

I was thrilled to show it to the people working the beer stand, since getting carded happens to me very rarely. My gray hair gives me almost every time. My driver's license has been around so long, IT'S older than legal drinking age.

Does it matter why the ID is needed? I could see my adult children needing an original ID to order beer or alcoholic cocktails. I think I've used a picture of my ID on my phone along with my blue DVC card for discounts. I don't remember any details, but I have a picture of these on my phone so I likely used it. Now I'm worried that I'll have to carry a wallet into the parks. The back of my phone is taken up by a pop-socket, so I won't have room for a card holder and I also need multiple ID/memberships, credit card, and in case my phone dies a KTTWK to get back into my room...
So, depending on why an ID is needed, I hope there are options :confused3

I just ordered a Disney themed Pop Socket wallet for my phone! Holds up to six cards and has the pop sockets. there are several styles. I got a citrus Mickey.

In the ID news, I have the LA Wallet as well. I'm glad to hear KT'sdad used it successfully. It is valid ID. I will give it a whirl if needed in September. Though they have not carded me in a few years at Disney.

It’s not a photocopy. In Louisiana it’s a legal ID. NOLA just went to vaccine/neg. test for indoors so everyone is getting the app. It also stores your vaccination records.

https://lawallet.com/
If you had to show your LA driver's license to a police officer, would they accept the digital version in the app? Just curious. That's how I decide if it's legitimate ID or not. However, I get pulled over frequently, so I would know what police want :sad2:

If you had to show your LA driver's license to a police officer, would they accept the digital version in the app? Just curious. That's how I decide if it's legitimate ID or not. However, I get pulled over frequently, so I would know what police want :sad2:
Yes, it’s acceptable ID for law enforcement as well as proof of age. It has a QR code that you scan to bring up the info.

9A01904D-A021-4A47-97F2-9AA66E64F6EC.png

The digital app version of your driver's license can be used when pulled over throughout the state of LA. It literally is your license. It also works for any retail establishment that requires proof of age for transactions throughout the state.

It will also let you gain entry to establishments requiring you being vaccinated to gain entry, if you want. You can opt in to that feature.

It's hit or miss outside of the state of LA. Because of that, I carry my traditional physical driver's license card when traveling outside of the state of LA.

Exciting to have my home state in the front of something good for a change!

Isn’t it? I had no idea it wasn’t a thing everywhere! On (I think) the 23rd NOLA will have a vaccine/test requirement for a lot of indoor venues. So many people were downloading the app that the site crashed the other day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter