ID on Castaway Cay?

d0naldduck123

Mouseketeer
When you get off at Castaway Cay I think I read somewhere that you need to show your photo ID and room key to get back on the ship. My dad is not a US citizen so does that mean he has to carry his passport with him for our Castaway Cay day? If my dad has to take his passport, I'm kind of nervous about just leaving it in a beach bag while we swim/snorkel... Has anyone had experience with this?

Because Castaway Cay is in the Bahamas, it follows the same policies as other non-US ports, so re-entering the ship requires a photo ID and a Key to the World card. I have rarely been asked for my photo ID, but that has happened once or twice. It does not need to be a passport, though -- a drivers license or other government-issued document with a photo should work.

They required it last week when we were on the FANTASY.

us too. We must’ve been on the same cruise. I always carry my ID in my lanyard and no one has every asked for it. But just last Friday at castaway the official asked both of us for our picture iDs after checking our ship keycard.

I was at Castaway Cay twice in February. On the first visit, they just wanted to see one Key for each stateroom and they didn't even bother to look at them. On the second visit, they just waved everyone through with no ID at all.

It's kind of a silly checkpoint since the only people on the island are workers and people from the ship and the ship is already taking attendance when you go through security.

They required it last week when we were on the FANTASY.
I hate to ask a question that is unrelated to the posted topic, but my question wasn't answered when I posted it yesterday. When you were at Castaway Cay, did you see if the hammocks are back up? They were missing...BECAUSE OF COVID, OF COURSE....when we were last there in October. Thank you in advance!

I hate to ask a question that is unrelated to the posted topic, but my question wasn't answered when I posted it yesterday. When you were at Castaway Cay, did you see if the hammocks are back up? They were missing...BECAUSE OF COVID, OF COURSE....when we were last there in October. Thank you in advance!

As of mid-February, they were still missing for "reasons".

When you get off at Castaway Cay I think I read somewhere that you need to show your photo ID and room key to get back on the ship. My dad is not a US citizen so does that mean he has to carry his passport with him for our Castaway Cay day? If my dad has to take his passport, I'm kind of nervous about just leaving it in a beach bag while we swim/snorkel... Has anyone had experience with this?
Yes he needs a passport. They were very specific in telling us that US Citizens could show a drivers license, but non US citizens must use a passport.

From DCL website. From what I heard is they wanted a government issued photo ID. They never specified if it had to a US government issued ID.

Yes he needs a passport. They were very specific in telling us that US Citizens could show a drivers license, but non US citizens must use a passport.
As I thought about this more, maybe I was remembering the announcement they made wrong. I believe what they said was you could use a drivers license as your photo ID if it was a US drivers license. If you did not have a US drivers license you had to use a passport for your photo id.

I can't answer about the ID however I just wanted to let you know that when we travel, we use a bag from the brand KYSS that is lockable. I find it very useful at airports, beach, pool, water. We use it to store anything like IDs, electronics, etc. They have various sizes. Just google Kyss bags if interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter