• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas about our pre Thanksgiving trip with 4 & 7 yo

amyntx

Earning My Ears
We will be visiting the parks Sat thru Wed before Thanksgiving. I'm trying to decide on a strategy for which park on what day that will keeps us ahead of the holiday crowds as much as possible. This is our 4 yo's first trip to WDW so we need quite a bit of time at MK. We will buy park hoppers, be at one of the parks for opening each day, and plan on taking an afternoon break to catch a nap on days that we plan to be out late in the evening. Here is what I'm thinking about:

Sat: MGM during the day and hop to MK for evening
Sun MK
Mon MK, can always hop elsewhere if we get enough time at MK
Tue Epcot
Wed AK & hop back to catch whatever we have missed, maybe Fantasmic.

Here is why: Sat might be less crowded at MGM than MK plus my son loves Toy Story and I thought a great way to start our trip would be for him to meet his hero Buzz. I thought Sun & Mon might be the best days for MK. That way we can stay away from MK as Thanksgiving gets closer. I thought AK might be the best choice for the day before the holiday.

Someone on another board suggested that we do MK every morning and hop to a different park when things start to get crowded. I think that is too much hopping with a 4 yo.

Hi Amy-
I haven't been at Thanksgiving before, but we are going this year on almost the same days as you (Sunday-Wednesday) and my thoughts are right on with yours.

We are planning MK on Sunday, MGM on Monday, Epcot on Tuesday, and AK on Wednesday. Our DD will be 16 months when we go. I saw the other post where someone recommended MK every morning and I agree its too much with kids. We are planning to be there at park opening (DD is an early bird so its not too hard) and I'm making a few lunch PSs. We plan to leave after lunch to go back the hotel and rest. We'll then head back out around 5pm for more rides, shows, etc. We did this on our last trip (DD was 9 months) and it worked out well. I'm really hoping the crowds are tolerable!!

Have Fun!

Our schedule looks pretty close. We will be staying Sat-Sat and I have not done Thanksgiving before.
Sat-MGM or Epcot
Sun-MK
Mon-MGM
Tues-MK
Wed-AK
Thurs-pirate cruise and maybe MGM after dinner for the Osborne lights
Fri-Epcot
Sat-MGM or Epcot or swim if it is warm
Two years ago we went during jersey week arriving on a Sat and went to MK and it was so crowded that I am going to try not to do this again. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter