• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for 'day off' from parks

GR101997

Earning My Ears
Were going in August for a few days and staying at the Grand Floridian. Were going to sandwich the 5 days with a day off in between from going to the parks. One of our friends said this would be a great ideas to not burn ourselves out.

Does anyone have any tips for days like this? To still get a great "disney" experience while not going nuts in the parks? Right now the only thing planned is Breakfast @ Park Fare in the hotel. GReat places to go, to eat etc.

Thanks in advance

Plan to spend a few hours by the pool, then my other suggestions would be based upon the ages and interests of your party. Who is going?

I like to spend some time walking around Disney Springs in addition to spending time at the resort.

Agree on both the pool and DS. It does piepend on the group but if you have never gone to Hoop Dee Do Musical Review. I would recommend that for and great dinner and show.

Relaxing by the pool does it for me! :flower:Maybe visit a water park or play some miniature golf. Or rent a boat for a few hours. And spending some time at the Springs is fun because there’s so much going on there. For the guys in my group, it would be golf, hands down.

Definitely the pool is a good idea, especially in August! Also, Disney Springs, maybe a round of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens over by the Swan/Dolphin. You could also resort hop... If you have a car, a day at Kennedy Space Center is a good one...of course, that isn't Disney.

Definitely the pool is a good idea, especially in August! Also, Disney Springs, maybe a round of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens over by the Swan/Dolphin. You could also resort hop... If you have a car, a day at Kennedy Space Center is a good one...of course, that isn't Disney.

We actually did Kennedy before a disney cruise last year. One of the coolest places Ive ever seen.

There's a spa at the GF. You could look into maybe doing something all together there like a pedi.

Resort hopping is also fun. Maybe go next door to the Poly for some Dole Whip and check out their beaches!

So it turns out MNSSHP is already going on this week (Aug 20) so our "off day" from the parks just got sorta wiped away. At least we will enjoy the morning hours at the pool and Springs.

Monorail crawl to the other resorts.
Boat over to Ft. Wilderness and visit the ponies/horses. They also do archery, canoe rentals (different from the lake boat rentals), horseback riding there as well.
Mini golf. Love the Summer/Winter one near Blizzard Beach.

Resort hop, explore the other mo o rail resorts, watch HEA from Poly beach and catch the electric water pageant from there, campfire at Fort Wilderness, art class at AoA, Disney spring (the void for SW fans), mini golf, bowling. The Boardwalk can be fun in the evening.

Were going in August for a few days and staying at the Grand Floridian. Were going to sandwich the 5 days with a day off in between from going to the parks. One of our friends said this would be a great ideas to not burn ourselves out.

Does anyone have any tips for days like this? To still get a great "disney" experience while not going nuts in the parks? Right now the only thing planned is Breakfast @ Park Fare in the hotel. GReat places to go, to eat etc.

Thanks in advance

Disney Springs! That's where my son and I are going on our non park day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter