Ideas for Disney Romance!

Well, you were certainly smarter than my DH and I. (Congrats, by the way.)
We're going to Disney this Sept. for our 25th, but somehow we never got the memo to have your kids before 30! We got married right out of college, but didn't decide to have a baby until 7 years into the marriage, which, yup, means she's heading off to college this fall. So we've got tuition AND the trip to pay for, all at once.
Why don't they cover Disney in family planning classes? :rotfl:

I can relate. Our first born came 6 years into our marriage. Our first 'just the two of us' trip to WDW happened our son's freshman year at college. DD was still in HS and stayed with a friend. By that time we had been married 28 years. Since then we've been back 5 times - once with the kids, when DD graduated from college. And we'll be back in Sept. It's never too late.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I love WDW:love:... im still a kid but my plan is to get married:lovestruc in WDW and the romance thing i really like is the Crystel Carrige Ride at night durring the fireworks...... But thats just something i think would be very nice

We are celebrating our 37th Anniversary in Disney in Sept. We are staying at CBR because we the the Caribbean theme, King room. Our kids are sending a gift basket with wine and cheese and choc., and I am going to order wine glasses from Arribus engraved with our name on them. I am also ordering bathrobles from Disney Florist. We are going to LaNuba on our first night. I have alot of down time scheduled for this trip, so we can enjoy the pool and resort. We are having dinner at Ohanna's one night and Narcossee's one night. Going to go over to AKL to have breakfast and check out the resort before we head to the beach for the day. I am ordering a Anniversary cake for after dinner when we go to Narcossee's. We are doing that at the beginning of the week, so that we can snack on it all week. I can't wait to take the balloon ride at DTD. We also would like to do the Sea Racers. They are a lot of fun. If you do that , make sure you do it on 7 seas lagoon,have more places to go.We have been to Disney a lot,so we can do our favorite things and then do other things. We are on the dinning plan, so we get to have a lot of nice dinners. Congratulations on 25 years. We had our three kids early also. It was nice to be through all the trial and tribulations early in life.:woohoo:

We also went to DW for our disneymoon in October 2007 and went back again for our 1st anniversary last October! We are big Epcot fans and find just strolling through all the different countries of World Showcase very romantic. If you can swing it, get a couples massage at the Grand Floridian Spa. Romantic places for dinner are San Angel Inn, Jiko, Cali Grill, Narcoossees, I've heard Artist Point is good also. LOVE the Poly Beach, have to go there every trip and would LOVE to be able to afford to stay there with DH! Walking along the Boardwalk, renting the bicycles :) Just visiting all the different themed resorts is so much fun. I also did the Coral Reef diver, sign, and personalized menus.... it was the highlight of our honeymoon, when my DH saw the diver swimming to him, he got alarmed and thought he was trying to tell us he needed oxygen!! :rotfl: Unfortunately, I've heard they discountinued this at the Coral Reef for 2009? I would love to try a carriage ride, didn't know they have this at WL also!? Have a great trip and make magical memories! :hug:

We love Epcot too, but have never been able to spend all of the time that we wanted because of the kids. We're really looking forward to it this time. I'm going to give Coral Reef a call to see if they discontinued the diver. I was really hoping to do that!

Congratulations on 25 years!

We did Disney for our Honeymoon two years ago, and went back just this past September for a delayed Anniversary trip. I don't know what it is about Disney, but everything felt romantic to me! From grabbing an ice cream cone at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour to having pizza delivered to our room while we cuddled in our pjs, it was just an amazing time.

Definitely do the carriage ride, we did it in September at POR and it was beautiful.

It's kinda pricey, but Portobello Yacht Club in Downtown Disney is a really nice Italian restaurant. And it's located right on the water, so the view is amazing, especially at sunset.

I enjoyed taking a boat ride from Magic Kingdom to the Grand Floridian, just because we could. I just love being on the water in general. Also, the Grand Floridian Cafe does a really nice breakfast, and the setting is really pretty.

Have a great time!

Thanks for the ideas. I think the water is just a romantic place, so I'm looking forward to spending time on the beaches at night and in boats on the water when we can. Maybe a wishes or illuminations cruise if I can find people willing to share with us.

We are celebrating our 25th at Disney too!

Since this will be our 4th trip in 25 years and first without kids, we are splurging on things that we couldn't afford to do with all five of us: Hoop Dee doo, La Nouba, Dinner at the Castle, character meals.
We're going to Ohana's, check out the fireworks on the beach. Lots of first for us.

Our splurge this time is the amount of time that we're staying! We have never stayed for 2 weeks when we had the kids. This time we're there for 15 days and taking time to relax! We are planning to do La Nouba and a few nice restaurants that we'd never have done with the kids! I can't wait!!!

I can relate. Our first born came 6 years into our marriage. Our first 'just the two of us' trip to WDW happened our son's freshman year at college. DD was still in HS and stayed with a friend. By that time we had been married 28 years. Since then we've been back 5 times - once with the kids, when DD graduated from college. And we'll be back in Sept. It's never too late.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Our first adult only vacation was our 20th anniversary. Our son was a freshman in college and our daughter was in HS. We went to New Orleans because my dh wanted a 'real adult vacation'!! Well... tho we had a great time... he knew that I was missing Disney! And besides that, we came home and a month later he had open heart surgery! See what those 'real adult' vacations do to us old people!! :rotfl: Anyway... after that, I made it clear that our 25th would be celebrated at wdw!!! No ifs, ands, or buts about it! :thumbsup2 My husband isn't the disney fanatic that I am, but he does love it! The only stipulation that he made was that we'd have 'down time'. In the past when we went with the kids, we came home more tired than we were when we got there. We needed a vacation from our vacation! (Isnt' that half the fun?) Anyway, I told him that I'd plan down days but that he had to trust me! That's why this thread is so important to me! I really want to surprise him with some really romatic days/evenings! We were 'the young couple' that no one ever thought would make it. Got married at 18 and 19, moved away because dh was in the af, and had our first child 18 months later! WAY TOO YOUNG!!! But we made it and I want the man of my dreams to see that he's still just that! And that I care to really plan special moments in our trip!

Ok... so I went on and on... but you all know what I mean!! :love: And I agree... It's never too late!! :woohoo:

I love WDW:love:... im still a kid but my plan is to get married:lovestruc in WDW and the romance thing i really like is the Crystel Carrige Ride at night durring the fireworks...... But thats just something i think would be very nice

I think that's a great plan! Disney weddings are beautiful!

We are celebrating our 37th Anniversary in Disney in Sept. We are staying at CBR because we the the Caribbean theme, King room. Our kids are sending a gift basket with wine and cheese and choc., and I am going to order wine glasses from Arribus engraved with our name on them. I am also ordering bathrobles from Disney Florist. We are going to LaNuba on our first night. I have alot of down time scheduled for this trip, so we can enjoy the pool and resort. We are having dinner at Ohanna's one night and Narcossee's one night. Going to go over to AKL to have breakfast and check out the resort before we head to the beach for the day. I am ordering a Anniversary cake for after dinner when we go to Narcossee's. We are doing that at the beginning of the week, so that we can snack on it all week. I can't wait to take the balloon ride at DTD. We also would like to do the Sea Racers. They are a lot of fun. If you do that , make sure you do it on 7 seas lagoon,have more places to go.We have been to Disney a lot,so we can do our favorite things and then do other things. We are on the dinning plan, so we get to have a lot of nice dinners. Congratulations on 25 years. We had our three kids early also. It was nice to be through all the trial and tribulations early in life.:woohoo:

I love your plans for your anniversary trip! And I agree, having kids early has it's advantages when you get older! So many of our friends have children in middle school and high school! They are going thru all of those issues, and we're done! It's SO NICE!! :banana:

Down time is one of the things that I'm most looking forward to! It should be wonderful! And nice dinners.... AHHH!!! :cheer2::cheer2: Those should be great!

Ok... explain two things to me. One, what balloon ride at dtd. And two... we've never done the sea racers. What are they like?

Thansk!

Have you thought about renewing your vows at the wedding pavilion very sweet but can be little pricey.

Also just slow down and walk down mainstreet holding hands. There are not too many more magical places than Disney.

Just a note if the hotel doesn't give you the buttons you can get them in the parks at guest services

You can do a cruise and don/t have to share...they are not just for magical gatherings anymore:wizard:

Congratulations:lovestruc

Have you thought about renewing your vows at the wedding pavilion very sweet but can be little pricey.

Also just slow down and walk down mainstreet holding hands. There are not too many more magical places than Disney.

Just a note if the hotel doesn't give you the buttons you can get them in the parks at guest services

You can do a cruise and don/t have to share...they are not just for magical gatherings anymore:wizard:

Congratulations:lovestruc

Our family is giving us an anniversary party before we leave, and I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to be renewing our vows then. Maybe for our 30th we'll do it at Disney! :goodvibes

Thanks for letting me know that we can get our buttons at guest services. I had no idea!

Thanks!

I saved my subscription to this post to get ideas for our upcoming March adult only trip. Just wondering if the OP would care to share some of the not too personal activities of their 25th anniversary trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter