Ideas for Disney Trip Christmas Baskets

DisneyMandC

DIS Veteran
DH and I are taking my mother and his parents and brother, all adults, to WDW next September for 7 days. We've been saving for this trip for a while and are very excited to finally be able to take them! They know that we have been planning to do this, but we haven't told any of them that we've actually booked it. We'd like to surprise them with the trip at Christmas by putting together some sort of cute basket/bag for each of them. I'm planning to put something in there that tells them we're going on the trip, but would also like to include some Disney-themed items and items that could be useful on vacation. What would you like to see included in something like this? Keep in mind we're 10 months out, so we can't do things like snacks (well, we could, but they'll get eaten on Christmas day probably lol). I'm thinking things like a filtered water bottle, socks, etc. Would love to get some input!

DH and I are taking my mother and his parents and brother, all adults, to WDW next September for 7 days. We've been saving for this trip for a while and are very excited to finally be able to take them! They know that we have been planning to do this, but we haven't told any of them that we've actually booked it. We'd like to surprise them with the trip at Christmas by putting together some sort of cute basket/bag for each of them. I'm planning to put something in there that tells them we're going on the trip, but would also like to include some Disney-themed items and items that could be useful on vacation. What would you like to see included in something like this? Keep in mind we're 10 months out, so we can't do things like snacks (well, we could, but they'll get eaten on Christmas day probably lol). I'm thinking things like a filtered water bottle, socks, etc. Would love to get some input!

Would they use lanyards? Either for pin trading, or keeping ID cards or something without carrying a bag. I know magic bands pretty much keep cards to a minimum but I always find something to throw in my lanyard/card wallet when we're at the parks. I picked up one at Universal ages ago that has a mini wallet at the end of it, I can't find a picture of it since it was years ago, but I use it everywhere I only want to carry only a few cards and cash with me (bars, concerts, parks and the like). I can loop it through a belt loop and then tuck it into a pocket, which also works well for the upside down rides.

Some of the Disney ones are cute but a little pricey. So maybe can find appropriate colors for each person or group and then get a Disney pouch or accessory for it (or vice versa, find a character lanyard and get generic pouches etc)

Maybe a customized draw string bag? DisneyMandC Family WDW 2019! Something like that. I always thought those bags would be uncomfortable to wear with the strings but I was glad to be wrong. :) So much lighter than a backpack or tote bag and easy to stuff into ride pockets.

Since we commando now, our park gear is a draw string bag to hold our frozen water bottles, band aids, snack bars and extra sunscreen, and my lanyard :)

How about an autograph book for each person, water bottle, a countdown to Disney Socks thingy (Target and Kohls have them), etc...

I like your water bottle idea... very useful. Are you planning on doing Memory Maker? You could put information about it into a Disney photo album.
Sunscreen? Water bottle mister/fan thing? Are you going to MNSSHP? You could incorporate that somehow if you are.

Really, my favorite place to get Disney themed things is at the Dollar tree. They have a ton of stuff. But I usually pick up things for the kids... not sure if adults want glow sticks or Disney themed washcloths... but they might!

Would they use lanyards? Either for pin trading, or keeping ID cards or something without carrying a bag. I know magic bands pretty much keep cards to a minimum but I always find something to throw in my lanyard/card wallet when we're at the parks. I picked up one at Universal ages ago that has a mini wallet at the end of it, I can't find a picture of it since it was years ago, but I use it everywhere I only want to carry only a few cards and cash with me (bars, concerts, parks and the like). I can loop it through a belt loop and then tuck it into a pocket, which also works well for the upside down rides.

Some of the Disney ones are cute but a little pricey. So maybe can find appropriate colors for each person or group and then get a Disney pouch or accessory for it (or vice versa, find a character lanyard and get generic pouches etc)

Maybe a customized draw string bag? DisneyMandC Family WDW 2019! Something like that. I always thought those bags would be uncomfortable to wear with the strings but I was glad to be wrong. :) So much lighter than a backpack or tote bag and easy to stuff into ride pockets.

Since we commando now, our park gear is a draw string bag to hold our frozen water bottles, band aids, snack bars and extra sunscreen, and my lanyard :)

Draw string bags are a good idea! I thought about getting them special Magic Bands, but it really is kind of pricey. My BIL would definitely like a lanyard for pin trading though, so I'm going to get him one of those! Thanks for the idea!

How about an autograph book for each person, water bottle, a countdown to Disney Socks thingy (Target and Kohls have them), etc...

I definitely need to check Target! I forgot about all the cute stuff they've had lately... socks in general would actually be a good idea for everyone.

I like your water bottle idea... very useful. Are you planning on doing Memory Maker? You could put information about it into a Disney photo album.
Sunscreen? Water bottle mister/fan thing? Are you going to MNSSHP? You could incorporate that somehow if you are.

Really, my favorite place to get Disney themed things is at the Dollar tree. They have a ton of stuff. But I usually pick up things for the kids... not sure if adults want glow sticks or Disney themed washcloths... but they might!

I haven't bought Memory Maker yet, but I think I probably will. I'd like to have it since it will be a big family vacation for us. I'll try to look up some cute ways to package that to give them. Thanks!!

I’ve done gift bags for family before trip. You can get some stuff at target, Walmart,Disney store and dollar store as well as amazon. I got Mickey ears, Brita filtered water bottle, Disney gift cards, mini tissues, hand sanitizer, pocket rain poncho, glow sticks, Disney pens, Disney individually wrapped lollipops, sunglasses and luggage tags also added crayons and dis coloring books for kiddos. The last time I found multiple sets of drawstring back packs at five below with Disney characters on them. They also had them on amazon but they were all black with silver or gold ears.

We bought decals for our magic bands before we went! I think they were about 3$ Canadian including shipping on etsy (2 stickers each). That might be something to include!

Draw string back pack. Not to big and keeps their hands free to hold on tight to the rides. Nothing bulky because many rides have very restrictive safety harnesses that clamp you in.

Thank you all so much for the ideas! I ordered our family t-shirts from Etsy and am going to come back once I get all the goodies assembled to let you know what I ended up doing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter