Ideas for gift basket

debilovesmickey

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I figured this is the best place to ask this question.. as all my tips for WDW I learned here.
My brother and his family ( kids aged 17 and 13) by the time of their trip-- are going to WDW for the very first time in November 2012.
For Christmas for my niece and nephew, I made personalized gift cards online at the Disney store.. so that they will have some spending money.
I am thinking of doing a Disney Trip themed basket for them for Christmas. I can't afford for it to be a fortune..but am thinking of packing a guide for them.. and I am looking for other ideas.
Thanks in advance for any help!:yay:

Debi :)

Maps of the parks

From the dollar store:
fold up hamper
rain ponchos
over the door organizer
I have one of those collapsable cubes to throw all of those loose items in to keep the room neat, from the dollar store
travel size toothpase, shampoo etc

kind of early for gums, snacks etc

Yes,
There is a Disney store in our mall about 10 miles away. T shirts are a great idea! Thanks for the suggestions.. keep them coming! :)
Debi

A guidebook (unofficial guide or passporter), a hidden Mickey or WDW trivia book, fleece throw (the Disney store had ones you can personalize), character towels, and some popcorn and snacks for their room. That is a great idea, btw! :goodvibes

How about a lanyard, trading pins (purchased from ebay) and autograph books? If this is their first trip, they may enjoy getting autographs even if they are teenagers! :thumbsup2

Make some personalized T-shirts. You can usually buy shirts at Micheal's 2 for 5 dollars. Go to the Creative design board on the Dis, and have one of the great designers make a design with their names on it. Iron them on and you are good to go. Hit the dollar bins at Target. Put in glow sticks, bracelets and necklaces from the Dollar Store. Go on to Disney shopping, then to the SALE page. I got a Duffy spin/light up thing for like 6 dollars. Wait for free shipping. Color books and crayons or markers for the plane ride. Make them autograph books. Have great ones on the Creative design thread. Have fun. I had to quit buying stuff for my Granddaughters gift basket. There was just so much out there.
I just re-read your post. The kids are teenagers, so I guess they would not need most of this, but the shirts would still be cool.

I support the T-shirt idea. It is age appropriate and I am sure they will like it a lot! Of course there might be some more original suggestions, but I can't think of any right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter