Ideas for making our LAST WDW trip extra special?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

Dh and I are going back to WDW one last time........at least for 5yrs. Dh has had enough. I would really like to try and do something special to make this trip more memorable. However, we are on a tight budget. We can only afford a value hotel (but we may get a priceline deluxe hotel if my bids get accepted). Our food budget is tight as well, but we will have one, maybe two nice meals. One thing on our "to do" list is to watch the fireworks from a hammock at the Poly.

Could anyone recommend some fun, romantic, inexpensive things to do? We already love wandering around the boardwalk and DTD at night. Thanks for any input! :)

You're not going back for 5 years??? WOW. I'm sorry :( Is your husband Disney impaired like mine?

When will you be there? What time of year? I'm trying to think of romantic stuff and you've already named my top two ;)

How about the campfire at FortWilderness? They also show a movie outside. I've never done it but I've always thought it would be a fun place for holding hands and stealing a few kisses maybe.

Will you have a car?

I'm going to have to think about this some more. Most of my trips are solo, there is no romantic stuff at all ;)

Katholyn

HI! Thanks for the reply. I should be honest and say that this is our 3rd Disney trip this year so I guess I can understand (sort of!) why dh is so Disney'd out!!! He'd like to go other places for the next few years and then maybe if/when we have children, we can go back to Disney.

Our trip is in early May so we're really excited to see the Garden Show at Epcot! That's a great idea to do the campfire thing at Fort Wilderness. We both did it when we were kids (about 20yrs ago) but haven't gone since.

Unfortunately we won't have a car.....

When's your next trip? Glad we can all talk here on the DIS to get our Disney fix!!!! Thanks for replying!

My next trip is May 19 through May 28. I will be at the Dolphin.

You know, touring WDW solo is a lot of fun too. If the withdrawal gets too bad you can always make a solo trip :teeth:

i pulled out some of my old dis magazines and the spring 2000 issue has the "Walt Disney World for Romantics". Some of the suggestions are pretty pricey but some on resonable i.e. "....we sashayed over to the Polynesion. Pina coladas in hand, we snuggled under a blanket and watched the MK's fireworks from a hammock on the beach." this one you already mentioned. It also mentions having a coppuccion at the Rose Garden in the MK. The Spring 2000 issue (pg. 22) the article titled "Picnics In The Park" mentions several off the path locals that you could grab a quiet snuggly moment and talk about how great you lives are together. Hope this helps.

I like the idea of watching fireworks from the Polynesian :) Do you have to be a guest of that resort to do that?

Thanks pjweakly! Great ideas. I can hardly wait!!
Bunnyfoo, watched the fireworks from the poly before without being a guest. We generally have dinner there ('Ohana's) and then watch the fireworks and water parade. One of our favourite things to do!

Maybe if your husband doesn't want to go you a few of your friends can plan a trip like one a year or something.

I can remembers years back when my husband said the same thing -" No more Disney vacations for a while". Well, when the next year rolled around who do you think suggested we go to Disney again?

Hang in there and have a wonderful time. You will probably be back sooner than you think. ;)

Best wishes.

One of our favorite things to do is to explore resorts. Get on the monorail and stop at each resort- check out the restaurants, lobby area and shops. Reboard the monorail (Por Favor Mantenganse Allejado de las Puertas!) and visit each one. Make sure to sit in the lobby of the GF and enjoy the piano and/or band.

Visit the WL and sit in front of the fireplace, walk next door to the VWL looby and find the Iron Spike Room, with a display of Walt's backyard train- the Carrollwood Express. Take a stroll on the Boardwalk or through DD in the evening.

Ride as many types of Disney transport as you can find.

Total cost of the above = $0.00 :)

Enjoy!

We really enjoy our time at Ft. Wilderness!

You could go over to the Wilderness Lodge and rent bikes - then follow the path over to the campground and ride all over.

It's not free, but it's a great change of pace from the parks!

A little less expensive would just be going over to the Bike Barn and renting a canoe and paddling around the waterways. But call first, as they've been doing construction on some of the bridges, and the only place you could paddle around wasn't worth the money. Hopefully that will be done by May (we'll be there, too!)

I agree with all of Doc's ideas. We rarely ever go over with any kids - so we spend a lot of time just visiting the resorts.

My DH isn't near the fan that I am, either - so I've learned to slow the pace down - so that he doesn't burn out. If he wants to waste an hour in an arcade - I let him do it. It's his vacation, too!

Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter