Ideas for out of staters staying at the Grand?

Orange County Great Park in Irvine (hot air ballon, carrousel, playgrounds), Irvine Regional Park (surry bikes, paddle boats, train, small zoo), The Discovery Cube children't museum in Santa Ana, Irvine Spectrum, Boomers, South Coast Plaza, Newport or Laguna Beach.

evilmommie, I was typing at the same time as you and making the same suggestions!

Newport beach or Venice beach?

Anaheim Packing District (haven't been there, but a lot of people say there are activities there.)

My son takes his kids to the Irvine Park for the zoo.

My kids loved Irvine Park at that age, and Newport Dunes is great especially if the inflatables are open again.

I'm guessing water parks have the same limitation to California residents as well. My kids' favorite is Raging Waters in San Dimas and they are only selling tickets to CA residents right now.

I am not 100% sure, but think water parks have to wait until Yellow tier.

There are no other water parks in the vicinity, really, other than Great Wolf lodge which opens May 22, but requires booking a room at approximately $400/night.
There are other water parks in California already open in Orange tier and nothing on the state website says otherwise.

But who knows these days

They didn’t ask for our ID at the Disneyland gate. Maybe they check that when you purchase the tickets, but if you are going with someone from California they can purchase the tickets.

Just chiming in to say that we just had a great day this weekend at Knotts and I’m taking my daughter to Soak City (wife gets a little break) this weekend.

We found Knotts to be pretty nice. Obviously no where near Disney in terms of Cast Members, ambiance, and immersion, but still was a great day that felt close to normal.

One thing I liked about it (others might view as a negative) is that they aren’t as strict about masking. People wore their masks most of the time but it wasn’t uncommon to see a kid temporarily pull the mask down, or an adult to drink and walk. I felt it was an appropriate level of caution and convenience given where we are with COVID in the state,but like I said, others may feel differently.

So if you are comfortable with the above, Knotts gets 2 thumbs up from us. Looking forward to going again after June 15th for hopefully better ride capacity (which was the biggest issue for us, lines moved really slow)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter