Ideas for Proposal

FantasiaCadet

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm new to this... (not being a Disney fan, but this forum) so please bear with me. My best friend is asking me of ideas on where and how to propose in the Magic Kingdom. He heard of "gifts of a lifetime", but is there anything else? And what type of things does "gifts of a lifetime" do? Thanks! :)

Hello!

My fiance proposed to me infront of Cinderella's Castle just before the Fireworks - Very romantic, and the fireworks just made it even more special!!

Maria

Hi!
I just proposed to my girlfriend last month in the Magic Kingdom Rose Garden--right before the fireworks!
It was a package booked through the WDW Engagement Department. They did an absolutely fantastic job.
Unfortunately, I do not think that they are doing this anymore.
I think that it would be possible for your friend to use this location anyway. It is open during the fireworks, and usually there are not many people there anyway.
If you have any questions, email me; and I will try to help you out.

According to the 2003 Birnbaums guide to WDW without kids-- they still are doing the rose garden package--apparently you are led into the private rose garden at the MK to find a floral bouquet, chiled sparkling cider, engraved Mickey & Minnie goblets, wedding "ears" and a glass slipper waiting for you. Then right as you propose the fire works start & you are taken back to your resort in a private limo-- Afternoon rose garden packages (w/o limo & fire works) start at $295 & the evening one starts at $450. You can also get a photagrapher-- & there are other packages besides the rose garden to choose from-- you can even have Mickey & Minnie dressed in formal attire show up for a small fortune!!! In the book it says to call 407-824-5130 GOOD LUCK TO YOUR FRIEND & CONGRATS!

Around the castle is the spot. I propsed to my FW there 12/8/01.

Check out this link
http://disney.go.com/vacations/disneyweddings/faqs.html#8c

here it is pasted in
"I was inquiring if you had any ideas as far as where to propose at the Walt Disney World® Resort. My future fiancé has never been to Walt Disney World and I thought what a better place than to propose at Disney. I am at a total loss as to where exactly to propose.
We are delighted to offer you the services of our "Magic Kingdom Engagements" Department to assist in creating a magical and memorable engagement. With special packages offered, they can arrange every detail for an unforgettable proposal. Propose during the "Fantasy in the Sky" Fireworks in the Magic Kingdom® Park or even aboard a charter Yacht--you are sure to delight your beloved with a proposal that will touch her heart forever! You may contact the Engagement Coordinators by calling (407) 824-5130. "

I'm ckj's FW...hi stinky!

Yes - my FH proposed right near Sleepy Hollow (a coffee/sweets place)

And I'm throughouly impressed you remember the date my dear! :)

FantasiaCadet - I don't think the 'gifts of a lifetime' are really necessary...that or the Rose Garden thing. It's very expensive and your friend's FW will remember it no matter where he does it.

(Just tell your buddy not to ride space mountain all day with the ring in his pocket! right ckj?!?! heheh)

My fiancee proposed to me during dinner at the California Grill. He went crazy to get us the greatest seat to watch the fireworks. I had no clue b/c he went through the same trouble on our trip 2 years prior. During the fireworks with the music piped in, he came around to my seat, got down on one knee, said some wonderful things and proposed. The whole restaurant was in on it, and they were cheering and clapping. People seated near us were crying along with us. The maitre'd found some CG postcards and a velvet wine case with the name and year printed on it as a memento.
My point is, my fiancee paid nothing extra for the amazingly perfect proposal. I agree with Stinkerbelle. If your friend or his fiancee enjoy WDW and are in love, anything and everything will make the proposal perfect!!

I think it would be awesome in front of the Castle at MK but the previous post about proposing at California Grill sounds very unique and romantic!

I was just proposed to, a little over a week ago, at Disneyland (yes, I know, a little different) after the fireworks and it was completely romantic and special.

*edit*

Hey, look to the left, under my SN, how did that all get there? hehe

PrincessKT,

Looks like the Tag Fairy was spriknling pixie dust!

As for my proposal I did. I choose a somewhat unusual spot, but something meaningful to my wife. She loves subways/trains/monrails/etc. In Jan 2002 one morning we were going to MK but when we got off the bus we went to chef mickeys for breakfast and then went to the GF by monorail. We walked from GF to Poly and then were heading to EPCOT to see World Showcase. We took the monorail from Poly to TTC, and while there I asked about sitting up front with the driver. We had to wait an extra monrail (which was hard becasue it only got up to 50s that day and it was still earlier and we were in the shade).

We got in the front car and two little kids also got in with us. After we all had got our Copilot cards I asked her to be my copilot for life. The driver radioed into the Base saying there was a proposal and acceptance (when she finally answered after being speechless). Then the driver said it was 1:03pm.

if you want to read my wife's post about it check my signature for a link.

So pick a place that she (or both of you) likes or has a special meaning to her (or both of you) and it will be wonderful. I don't think think the place is all that important, the event is so special it would be special anywhere.

Mike

Dear FantasiaCadet,

The Magical engagement department is indeed closed. I proposed at WDW ot the Grand 1. I have details for most of their packages and how some can be currently done. I will be more than happy to help your friend as best possible, but I think it is more apropriate in a PM if you are still looking for ideas. I also have a lot of phone numbers that I really shouldn't post publicly.

Two other things, The GOAL people are great, but they cater more to special occasions than proposals. They are really nice people, and have done some really incredible things. I know that they have done some engagements and are quite proud of them. Additionally, in my dealings with them they made an effort not to try and oversell their services. They charge a surcharge to pick up merchandise for you, but most of the other fees seemed quite reasonable.

The rose garden is closed due to a special project. I feel that when the rose garden closed that is when they dismantled the Magical Engagement Department. I have been trying to do all I can to help the people over there get it back (writing letters etc.)

If you want to spend lots of $$$ I was told to send people to the weddings department.

PM me if you are still looking for Ideas, we can chat and I will send you the apropriate phone numbers and directions. I am not in the traval business, but I am a romantic that enjoys helping. (what I am trying to say is that I do not get any comission for helping)
:bounce:

Here's a summary of how my fiance proposed to me. Maybe you will get some ideas:

Greg had told me that he was being sent to Orlando for work, and he asked me to come along with him. Since we hadn't been able to take a vacation this year because of his busy schedule, he figured this would be a nice way for me to take a trip with him, even though he had to work. (Or so he said!) So, we flew down to Florida on Saturday, September 7, 2002.

When we were driving to our hotel (he had written out fake directions to some Sheraton for me to read), he took what I thought was a wrong turn, and followed the exit signs to Walt Disney World. I was saying, "Where are you going?! What's going on?!" He just had a big smile on his face and told me that he didn't have to work, and that we would be staying at Disney for a few days. I couldn't believe it!

A few minutes later, we pulled up to the Grand Floridian. We had always wanted to stay there. It was like a dream! The room was gorgeous, with a view of the Magic Kingdom, including Cinderella's Castle and Space Mountain. He told me he had made reservations for dinner that night at Victoria and Albert's, the Grand Floridian's five star gourmet restaurant. It was just one surprise after another!

So, we dressed and went to dinner. The restaurant was small, elegant, and romantic. They serve a seven course meal, which was delicious, and lasted about 3 hours. We had such a nice time there, just eating and talking. I still couldn't believe we were at Disney World!

After we finished dessert, the harpist played our song, "The Way you Look Tonight." Then the waitress came over to our table with a silver platter with a dome. She said it was a special surprise for me, and she put it down in front of me and lifted the dome off. I couldn't believe my eyes! There was a bed of roses and rose petals on the platter, with the most beautiful diamond ring I had ever seen sitting in an open box in the middle. I was completely in shock. My hands flew up over my mouth, my eyes teared up and I just sat there looking at it, and at Greg. He couldn't speak for a while either. Then, he got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him. Of course, I said yes.

Afterwards, the staff all came over to congratulate us, and they showered us with gifts of chocolate and roses.

~ Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter