• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for surprising my 7 year old?

EmilyS90

Mouseketeer
It's been a while since I've been back on this forum, so hi! This will be our 7 year old's 2nd trip to Disney! And it's about a month away!! (it'll be my 1.5 year old's first trip, but I'm not expecting him to get much out of a surprise announcement lol)

She's really good with surprises, so I'm not worried about a negative reaction. And she's been asking about when we're going back for several months now. I really have to give myself props for keeping up the "Oh, we'll go back someday..." act. I've been using it as an excuse to strike up a conversation about what she wants to do most when we do go back so I can work it all into our plans.

Anyway, it's about a 12 hour drive, not counting stops and such, so the plan is to leave around midnight the day of our trip, since we want to drive straight through. I want to surprise her on the road (once she wakes up and sees that we're still in the car) but I'm stuck on:

1. What to tell her when she asks WHY we're getting in the car in the middle of the night. Trying to think of a boring, unexciting reason that will allow her to just go right back to sleep.

2. Creative ways to tell her the news!

We did this to my 6 year old son. We told him a store that I loved was opening a new location out of our area and we wanted to be the first in line when it opens. He hates shopping, so he went right back to sleep. We had a 14 hour drive ahead of us, and it was so worth it.
I'm sure you can come up with some sort of idea to make her fall back asleep.
Best of luck! Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter