ideas for the road ^w^?

mayora13

Abby
in about a month, ill be going to disney world with my family and my best friend.
we go almost every year, but i always end up rather bored on the way there and (of course) the way back. (which id prefer to not think about)

(ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

so.. any ideas for what to take? or, what do YOU take, personally?

Last edited:
I drive down to WDW from NJ all the time! It's a boring ride back for sure, but I don't mind it.

- Having your phone/iPod and earphones is essential
- Snacks
- I like to make friendship bracelets in the car. I pin the bracelet to the mesh pocket in the back of the seat in front of me and braid them.
- I also keep a journal, if that helps you. I write down any kind of idea that comes to my mind.

thank you. ive been considering writing in a journal. c:
ill certainly have my phone and earphones, and i suppose that should be enough for me..
but i dont like doing the same thing for hours on end. cx
i suppose ill bring those things (minus the bracelets because im awful at that) and some drawing stuff.

Last edited:
My family on road trips has brought trivia cards from stuff like trivial pursuit and quizzed each other. You could probably also use Taboo cards.

Sometimes books are okay and sometimes reading makes me sick.

Get some digital movies or something on your phones, movies will take a good 2-3 hours of your time.

I like to write too, and so I bring a notebook.

I have also done coloring books.

My family on road trips has brought trivia cards from stuff like trivial pursuit and quizzed each other. You could probably also use Taboo cards.

Sometimes books are okay and sometimes reading makes me sick.

Get some digital movies or something on your phones, movies will take a good 2-3 hours of your time.

I like to write too, and so I bring a notebook.

I have also done coloring books.

ah, thats a wonderful idea. bringing quiz cards sounds fun.
and i really love coloring books, thats a nice idea. (im a big kid, but i guess we're all that way here)
as for my phone, i think ill download some free apps the day before the trip so ill have some things to occupy myself with if the other stuff gets tiring. I enjoy writing as well, but it honestly hurts my hand a lot and i prefer to type. maybe ill keep a journal or write various things on my phone notes?

We just got down to Disneyland after a seventeen hour drive! (and when I say just, I mean a few days ago) :D We usually keep ourselves entertained with music, lots of music (we made a five hour playlist just for the ride!). We also listened to an entire audio book on CD which was super fun, and keeps everyone, including the driver entertained. Another thing we did, which is also a great way to pass time waiting in line in the parks, was play 20 questions with Disney characters. We started with easy ones and then got so obscure it took forever to guess!

We just got down to Disneyland after a seventeen hour drive! (and when I say just, I mean a few days ago) :D We usually keep ourselves entertained with music, lots of music (we made a five hour playlist just for the ride!). We also listened to an entire audio book on CD which was super fun, and keeps everyone, including the driver entertained. Another thing we did, which is also a great way to pass time waiting in line in the parks, was play 20 questions with Disney characters. We started with easy ones and then got so obscure it took forever to guess!

thank you for the ideas ^__^ weve done 20q, its fun but doesnt keep everyone in my family entertained for too long. the playlist is a nice idea, ive been thinking about using my spotify free trial during the trip.

in about a month, ill be going to disney world with my family and my best friend.
we go almost every year, but i always end up rather bored on the way there and (of course) the way back. (which id prefer to not think about)

(ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

so.. any ideas for what to take? or, what do YOU take, personally?

I drive every year from NJ to Disney World. 17 hours in the car was torture at first, but it's a lot better now.

Here's some ideas:

1. Sleep. I usually sleep for a good 12 hours of the trip. I get car sick, so I take a dramamine pill, which makes you drowsy and I sleep for almost 12 hours total. You can get a dramamine pill at any CVS or Walgreens or Walmart. Even if you don't get car-sick, it helps you sleep.
2. 20 questions.
3. License plate game: Bring a notebook and each time you see a license plate from a different state, write it down. If you don't get all 50 on the ride there, continue it on the ride home. Some are tricky, like Hawaii and Alaska, but they aren't impossible!
4. Billboard game: In a notebook, divide the passengers in the car into two teams. Start with letter A. As soon as you see a billboard with the name of a restaurant, gas station, hotel, or anything that starts with the letter A, write that letter under the team that calls it out first. Once you complete the alphabet, whichever team won the most letters, wins.
5. Headphones and music.
6. Snacks.
7. If you have a TV in your car, bring DVDs!
8. I write, so journals and a pen would be good to bring. Keep a diary of your vacation.
9. Apps on your phone. (Subway Surfers is my favorite game)
10. Magazines and books.

Have fun!!!

Sorry to be a little :offtopic: but I have a quick question about Disneyland. Are cast members strict about fast pass times?

Anyway, I'm on board with the music idea. We like to bring Disney tunes and listen as a family on the way down to Orlando.

I drive every year from NJ to Disney World. 17 hours in the car was torture at first, but it's a lot better now.

Here's some ideas:

1. Sleep. I usually sleep for a good 12 hours of the trip. I get car sick, so I take a dramamine pill, which makes you drowsy and I sleep for almost 12 hours total. You can get a dramamine pill at any CVS or Walgreens or Walmart. Even if you don't get car-sick, it helps you sleep.
2. 20 questions.
3. License plate game: Bring a notebook and each time you see a license plate from a different state, write it down. If you don't get all 50 on the ride there, continue it on the ride home. Some are tricky, like Hawaii and Alaska, but they aren't impossible!
4. Billboard game: In a notebook, divide the passengers in the car into two teams. Start with letter A. As soon as you see a billboard with the name of a restaurant, gas station, hotel, or anything that starts with the letter A, write that letter under the team that calls it out first. Once you complete the alphabet, whichever team won the most letters, wins.
5. Headphones and music.
6. Snacks.
7. If you have a TV in your car, bring DVDs!
8. I write, so journals and a pen would be good to bring. Keep a diary of your vacation.
9. Apps on your phone. (Subway Surfers is my favorite game)
10. Magazines and books.

Have fun!!!

thanks a lot <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter