• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas needed for surprise trip to DLP

Rosabelle

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I just want to get this written so i can go to bed, otherwise i'll be awake all night thinking about it.

ok so we're off to the SL on May 5th and my children don't know anything about it :yay:

I was thinking of all different ways of breaking it to them and when to do it etc but I wanna see what you guys think (being a lot more experienced than me:))

here's my idea , very roughly. please add your own because i really want to make this as magical as possible for them . this is our first family only holiday ever and dh's first time in DLP.

anyway, i was thinking of just waking up ds and dd on the morning we're going (4am!) and telling them we'd gotten urgent post in the door. I'll act as surprised as them :)

i'll show him a letter that says we must all be at the airport by 5.30 am with some bags packed and wait for further instructions.
I'll magic the pre-packed bags out from under the beds ;)

then at the airport dh will go "rendevous" and come back with another letter that says we have to fly to paris and wait for instructions again.
i was gonna say some other city but they'll hear the pilot announce it.

then when we land another letter will "appear" telling us to get the tgv to marne le vallee station for a special suprise.

we wont be able to keep it a secret any longer than that because ds will recognise the station and sure as soon as we come up to the bustops he'll know exactly where he is :woohoo:,

so hopefully they will only have discovered where they are going when we are actually checking them into the hotel :yay:

wouldn't that be awesome!! i wonder could i hold it in until then :headache:

anybody any other ideas for surprising them? please share them! I'm sure everyone would love to hear them :goodvibes
I think I'm getting more fun out of this than they will :rotfl:

now i can rest easy i got that out of my system :)
g'nite all x i'll check back tomorrow for any replies :goodvibes
rosabelle x

Wow, your plan is pretty impressive!
Last year when I took my girls to DLP I told them we were going to visit a friend of mine in Kent. It wasn't until they woke up the next morning, we came into their room and said 'What shall we do today?' and my friend said ' Why don't we go to Disneyland?' and I said, 'yes why not'....30 seconds of stunned silence...then...screams of delight.
We did it like this because my youngest was only three at the time, and i thought leaving it all until we drove up to the gates of our hotel was a bit too overwhelming and half of the fun is their anticipation too!

I love your treasure hunt approach tho!!!

How about if the last letter is an actual letter from Mickey or another of your kids' favorite characters asking them to visit???

Wow Rosabelle, good luck with that one!:worship:

We got to two days before our trip before spilling the beans.

sounds fantastic!! im excited for you all!!

im off to dlp this friday for my wifes 30th birthday suprise which she has no idea about!! its fabulous knowing whats around the corner and she is totally unawares!! cant wait to see her face!

Great plan, i just tell my girls on the morning were going they were only 2+3 the first time so when i was calling them at stupid o'clock (around 4am). I just asked did anyone want to go see minnie and mickey never seen them jump outa bed so fast:lmao: I agree that a 3 yr old would be too overwhelmed telling them at the gate. The first time we went the girl got so excited at seening the mickeymouse highchair in annetts:lmao: and nearly lost their lives when they actually met the main man:rotfl2:

I think your plan sounds brilliant Rosabelle :thumbsup2

Sounds a fantastic idea

We surprised DD 3 times - first time we were setting off on boxing day so bought her a new Cinderella suitcase for Christmas, packed it putting a letter from Belle on top of the clothes and then wrapped it and put it with the rest of the presents and let her discover the surprise.

2nd time was on her birthday and we had a card sent to her from Mickey inviting her that weekend

3rd time we told her on the day we were going to Medway in Kent (as we knew she would recognise Ashford) then told her we were going through the tunnel to Magny le Hongre then as she fell asleep we actually got all the way there before she realised where she was. Her face was a picture when she woke up and found she was in the carpark at Hotel New York.

Hi all
firstly apologies for not getting back to you I've been mad busy offline all week!
I'm really loving your ideas I'm getting really excited Reading all the different surprises :banana: I love the Christmas ones :goodvibes
I hadn't thought of them missing out on the anticipation so I might give the plan a rethink......maybe pretend were only going to dlp for lunch then surprise them by staying :cloud9:
keep the surprise stories coming I love them x
rosabelle x

i'm liking this thread too, we keep telling the kids dd4, ds6 we can't afford it! we're also taking my mum in law and my husbands 12 year old little sister, she has no idea either, since we're driving this time, we're first going to tell them we're going to the seaside, since we're going to folkstone first, then we'll tell them, we're going to pop to France and go shopping in Calais since the chunnel is nearby, have to be smart about it since my lil sis in law is pretty sharp! I think once we're on the road we'll have to spill the beans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter