If Covid was still about but there were no restrictions , how would you live your life?

I think I would just avoid situations where people are packed like sardines. Otherwise, I would be my own normal (as I normally am)- maskless, washing my hands, using hand sanitizer, trying to keep at least a small personal bubble.....

How I wish for that.........

with the exception of the masking requirements everything my state has in place is my norm during flu season anyway. i limit exposure to crowds/groups and respect people's personal space, i don't frequent indoor dining, i try to do shopping a limited number of times per month when stores are least crowded. i never use a shopping cart without wiping it down with a hand sanitizer wipe, and i disinfect my hands as soon as i'm done loading the items into the car.

about the only thing that would change is i would have to go back to actively avoiding 'huggy people'. i am SO NOT missing people that immediately greet with a hug :crazy2:

I would go back to going places, seeing people and doing things in keeping with any restrictions that were in place. It was like that here this summer - everything open with distancing requirements and indoor masking (in some settings). We took a little trip to Niagara Falls, which was lovely but the second the borders open and the quarantine requirements upon re-entry are lifted, we are out of here for a real vacation. And a when official masking rules are dropped I will never wear another one as long as I live.

So restrictions are dropped, but we keep our current covid numbers that then develop further based on lack of restrictions?

The “restrictions” here are a mask mandate (county only, not particularly well-followed) and restaurants/bars have a 10 pm curfew. Oh, and people can’t gather in groups of 10 unless it’s for sports, weddings, funerals, churches, private homes gatherings... so yeah, don’t know what the limit is for.

I would not go back to “normal.” We’re already pretty cautious right now. I’m not about to go around the grocery store that isn’t requiring masks.

My husband is a teacher. We’ve started having conversations on what to do if the school goes back to “normal” and drops the mask mandate. Taking leave or quitting are possibilities, so I guess that may happen.

with the exception of the masking requirements everything my state has in place is my norm during flu season anyway. i limit exposure to crowds/groups and respect people's personal space, i don't frequent indoor dining, i try to do shopping a limited number of times per month when stores are least crowded. i never use a shopping cart without wiping it down with a hand sanitizer wipe, and i disinfect my hands as soon as i'm done loading the items into the car.

about the only thing that would change is i would have to go back to actively avoiding 'huggy people'. i am SO NOT missing people that immediately greet with a hug :crazy2:

Are you in FL because that is how it feels to me

Exactly the same as I am now. I was walking around in the grocery store prior to the mask mandate, wearing my mask. It is such a minor thing and could literally save someone's life. I don't need a restriction to tell me to do that.

We don't eat out often, we do get take out. And I have made it a point to only patron small businesses that follow the current restrictions. They're the ones I'll continue to patron after this is all over.

Our schools opened to a hybrid model and I am fortunate enough to be able to stay at home and the kids are fully engaged in remote learning for their health and safety.

While the numbers continue to stay elevated and until the vaccine is readily available, I will be treating this disease as I currently am. I'm a relatively healthy 34 year old, and my family mostly is as well. But I have parents in their late 60s, early 70s, both with respiratory issues. I see them very rarely now (most often when they need my assistance with something), and I will do all I can to make sure they're safe.

In my state (Missouri) there aren’t really any restrictions right now and I live my life so normally that I forget there is anything going on most of the time. Masks are fairy common, but that’s about it, and I’ve gotten pretty used to wearing them into stores so it doesn’t really seem like a big deal anymore. I don’t wear them unless they are required, but I always have a couple in my purse/car so it’s no big deal to grab one. That’s the only “restriction” I typically come upon. We travel, we go to hotels, we eat indoors, I go to malls and Dr appointments and get together with friends and family and hug them all. I donated blood a few weeks ago and was halfway expecting to find that I had the antibodies. I kind of hoped I’d already had it and was just asymptomatic, but nope, I didn’t have the antibodies, so somehow I’ve avoided it. Pretty much everyone I know is living exactly like I am, living a normal restriction free life (except masks in required stores). I occasionally come across something that reminds me of the pandemic, like planning a trip to Hawaii this summer and needing to spend time in Maui first and then Waikiki because I can travel from Maui to Honolulu without a second covid test but if I did it the other way around I’d have to test while in Honolulu on the trip before moving on to Maui. Occasionally things come up like that where plans need to be slightly altered but for the most part life is normal. I feel so badly for people living in places with tight restrictions!!

Oh, I would totally be cautious...as cautious as I am now. If my state (NJ) opened up indoor dining 100% tomorrow, there is no way I'd do that. It's open 25%, and there's no way I'd do that either. My life will only begin to resemble 2019 once DH and I get the vaccine.

Since it's winter I am doing my normal life. I have always avoided people as much as possible during cold/flu season. I love the mask right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter