If cruise is cancelled, 125% back or no?

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
I know DCL was initially giving 125% back towards a future cruise if your cruise was canceled. Just wondering if thats still in play or you just get amt you paid or full refund?

Yes. We got 125% FCC for our cancelled July cruise. We were paid in full, so had the same options as before: 125% or a refund.

You must be paid-in-full to get the 125% Future Cruise Credit. Even if the cruise is cancelled prior to the official PIF date. If not, you only get a refund of the amount you paid.

What happens if your canceled cruise replacement cruise gets canceled? IE, you booked and got a 125% credit. Then you rebooked using said credit and that cruise then gets canceled. Do you just get the original 125% amount back or do they stack another 25% on top and now you've gotten ~150% back from your original booking? I assume the prior, but with Disney you never know.

What happens if your canceled cruise replacement cruise gets canceled? IE, you booked and got a 125% credit. Then you rebooked using said credit and that cruise then gets canceled. Do you just get the original 125% amount back or do they stack another 25% on top and now you've gotten ~150% back from your original booking? I assume the prior, but with Disney you never know.
No double dipping on FCC. On your first cancellation, Disney refunds taxes and port fees, then credits you 125% of the fare Disney would have pocketed. When you book a cruise with FCC, a cancellation merely restores 100% of the cost of the cruise (including taxes and fees this time) back into your FCC balance.

You must be paid-in-full to get the 125% Future Cruise Credit. Even if the cruise is cancelled prior to the official PIF date. If not, you only get a refund of the amount you paid.

Ok, great. Thank you. I see that it says some Wish cruises, you cannot use the FCC on? Do we think this is just the MV or all the Wish cruises?

Ok, great. Thank you. I see that it says some Wish cruises, you cannot use the FCC on? Do we think this is just the MV or all the Wish cruises?

My TA had said only the Maiden, but there is another forum member currently on hold because they were not able to apply it online for a later Wish cruise.

My TA had said only the Maiden, but there is another forum member currently on hold because they were not able to apply it online for a later Wish cruise.
I was on hold for almost three hours yesterday trying to book an August cruise on the Wish. I was able to use my FCC. I do believe it was only the maiden voyage that you weren't able to use the FCC on.

Does anyone know, if there are changes to how long you can carry your OBB forward? Our last cruise was late 2019. We rebooked our 2020 reservation (before PIF and before cancellation) to October 2021. If we move it now to 2022, should we be able to retain the OBB, and would it depend on whether we PIF or not, at this point? Thank you!

Does anyone know, if there are changes to how long you can carry your OBB forward? Our last cruise was late 2019. We rebooked our 2020 reservation (before PIF and before cancellation) to October 2021. If we move it now to 2022, should we be able to retain the OBB, and would it depend on whether we PIF or not, at this point? Thank you!
I think onboard booking benefits have been extended through September 2022, the same as Future Cruise Credits for cancelled sailings. I was able to use an Onboard Booking Placeholder from a July 2019 cruise on a reservation for July 2022.

If you are moving a cruise, it shouldn’t matter whether you are paid in full before the PIF date. Being paid in full matters only if your cruise is cancelled by Disney.

We moved an OBB that was originally set to expire in November 2020 and which we had not converted to an actual cruise by that date to a September 2021 cruise. Prior to PIF and before DCL cancelled that cruise (on the Magic from Dover to Norwegian Fjords), we moved it again, now to September 2022. You should be able to do something similar with your OBB.

Your replies have given me a lot of hope, thank you both so much. Our OBB was originally set to expire in Oct 2021 and converted pre-pandemic to a cruise for Nov 2020... then moved to Oct 2021 before PIF.... so according to you I should definitely be able to move it to September 2022. That's great news! Will call DCL tomorrow!

I think onboard booking benefits have been extended through September 2022, the same as Future Cruise Credits for cancelled sailings. I was able to use an Onboard Booking Placeholder from a July 2019 cruise on a reservation for July 2022.

If you are moving a cruise, it shouldn’t matter whether you are paid in full before the PIF date. Being paid in full matters only if your cruise is cancelled by Disney.
We moved an OBB that was originally set to expire in November 2020 and which we had not converted to an actual cruise by that date to a September 2021 cruise. Prior to PIF and before DCL cancelled that cruise (on the Magic from Dover to Norwegian Fjords), we moved it again, now to September 2022. You should be able to do something similar with your OBB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter