If Disney Genie replaces FastPass

Brian Shepherd

Mouseketeer
Been 3 years since my last visit. On my last visit we used a combination of the fastpass tickets, and single rider lines, but now I understand Genie replaces this. Ok this is fine. 1 system out, 1 system in. We usually do a combination of fastpass and single riders lines.

Since this was my past strategy, will it be effective to continue to use this strategy?

Has this strategy I used (in the past) changed?

Do I need to consider paying extra for Genie plus or Lighting Lanes?

Been 3 years since my last visit. On my last visit we used a combination of the fastpass tickets, and single rider lines, but now I understand Genie replaces this. Ok this is fine. 1 system out, 1 system in. We usually do a combination of fastpass and single riders lines.

Since this was my past strategy, will it be effective to continue to use this strategy?

Genie plus is the only way to get the equivalent of ‘fastpass’. The free version of Genie is only giving you suggestions of the best thing to do next.

If you want to pay the $20 per day per person for Genie+ to have access to the Lightning Lanes, your prior strategy will work. Do note that Genie+ allows you to only use the Lightning Lane once for each attraction.

Genie plus is the only way to get the equivalent of ‘fastpass’. The free version of Genie is only giving you suggestions of the best thing to do next.
And from what I understand…many times Genie giving you the worst possible suggestions as far as being efficient in the park.

FYI: Genie+ doesn't allow re-rides, so you'll only be able to use it once per ride per day. (Unless one of your LLs gets cancelled and you score a Multiple Experience LL.)

Also, there are fewer single-rider lines than there used to be.

My adjusted strategy is to use G+ with park-hopping, getting as many individual G+ rides as possible per day (rather than re-riding anything), and use single-rider where it's available (mainly RSR).

If you want to pay the $20 per day per person for Genie+ to have access to the Lightning Lanes, your prior strategy will work. Do note that Genie+ allows you to only use the Lightning Lane once for each attraction.
Can you purchase a LL for a second time or does it just block you out?

Can you purchase a LL for a second time or does it just block you out?
The system does block you out from getting a second LL for an attraction. Like a previous poster said, an exception is if a LL converts to a multi experience LL, then you get another LL for the attraction that broke down.

At Disneyland, if you plan carefully, you can get 8+ LLs throughout the day. On my last trip I was able to get 12 LLs in one day.

Also note that for the old paper fastpasses, you could get your next fastpass after 2 hours or when your return time starts, whichever is first. With Genie+, you can get your next lightning lane after 2 hours or when you use your lightning lane so it is now more difficult to stack multiple rides together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter