If i buy DVC resale contract do i still get access to park extended hours ?

baddagger

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Just curious if i do buy a DVC resale contract, woudl i still have access to the park after hours

Do you mean the evening extra hours? Than yes. Even if you rent dvc you get this perk, along with cash reservations aswell. Pretty much if your sleeping in a deluxe or a few other select resorts you get eeh.

The extended evening hours are not a DVC things. They are for all guests who stay at the deluxe resorts.

DVC rooms are deluxe resorts so while staying in them, we are eligible!

Only if you're staying on property at an eligible resort. Doesn't matter if its your contract, direct, resale, rental, or cash.

It depends on what after hours event you want. Disney's Extended Hours applies to anyone staying in an on-site "deluxe" resort, which includes DVC resorts and Swan/Dolphin, but excludes those staying at moderate and value resorts, and you get that one if you are staying at the applicable resorts regardless of whether you are or are not DVC. The new pay-for Disney After Hours event, which appears to be another event like extended hours, except that it applies to anyone staying on or off-site and costs a lot of money to get into, provides a discount for DVC Members, and it is not clear yet whether resale purchasers are excluded from that discount.

There is a DVC only after-hours event in a designated park called Moonlight Magic and you would be excluded from that if you purchased resale now and you do not also have the needed number of points purchased directly from DVD.

If I were considering purchasing DVC for the first time as a resale purchaser today, I would likely assume for that purchase that I should not expect to get any possible after-hours event without paying a lot of money, including because the new Disney After Hours appears to be something created to eventually do away with the current extended hours privilege for those staying at deluxe, including DVC, resorts.

Last edited:
However, you would not the the moon light magic. Are you thinking of that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter