If I cancel, points go back to 2022 use year...can they be banked after that?

Disneymooner07

Mouseketeer
I just want to make sure I've got this right before I book, just in case! I'm looking to book a trip in June 2022 using my 2022 points (I have February Use Year). If I cancel more than 30 days before the trip, those points go back to 2022 Use Year, right? And I can then bank those points in September to be able to use them in 2023?

The language was making me nervous that the points go back to the use year of the reservation, just want to be sure I can still bank them into 2023 if I need to!

Many thanks :)

A June 2022 trip is in your February 2022 use year. So if you cancel more than 31 days in advance, yes the points will go back to the use year of the trip, which is 2022. If you cancel before your banking deadline, you can then bank those points into your February 2023 use year.

The language about points going back to the use year of the reservation would mean that if you borrowed February 2023 points to make that June 2022 reservation and then canceled that June 2022 reservation, the February 2023 points would be stuck in the 2022 use year and could not be used for any reservations on or after February 1, 2023.

I just want to make sure I've got this right before I book, just in case! I'm looking to book a trip in June 2022 using my 2022 points (I have February Use Year). If I cancel more than 30 days before the trip, those points go back to 2022 Use Year, right? And I can then bank those points in September to be able to use them in 2023?

The language was making me nervous that the points go back to the use year of the reservation, just want to be sure I can still bank them into 2023 if I need to!

Many thanks :)
Yes, they can be banked.

Yes they can. I know the feeling as I had to cancel mine this year and they went back in my account. Here's hoping we don't need to do that again.

I borrowed 60 points from 2022 and cancelled my reservation more than 31 days before and I was told those points now have to stay in use year 2021 by member services and have to be used before July 2022. So now I have 2022 points in 2021 and they will not move them back. Is this accurate?

I borrowed 60 points from 2022 and cancelled my reservation more than 31 days before and I was told those points now have to stay in use year 2021 by member services and have to be used before July 2022. So now I have 2022 points in 2021 and they will not move them back. Is this accurate?

Correct. Borrowing is a final transaction. Once moved, points are stuck and must be used that UY?

Canceling more than 31 days out simply prevents holding status. Holding would mean that all points from a canceled or modified trip would not only expire that UY but also only be eligible for trips 60 days or less from check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter