If I check out of my Disney hotel in the am, and my flight is not until at night?

Or, if you’re flying on a participating airline, check your luggage with RAC (Resort Airline Checkin - search the DIS or WDW website for details), drop your carryons with Bell Services or Luggage Assistance, then go have fun. Be back at your hotel in time to pick up carryons, hit the bathrooms and be outside waiting for the DME bus 15 minutes before you’re supposed to board it.

Follow up question. And thank you so much btw.

If my flight leaves at 930 pm, what time can I expect the magical express to make me go to the airport?

Will they give me a time or is it flexible?

Follow up question. And thank you so much btw.

If my flight leaves at 930 pm, what time can I expect the magical express to make me go to the airport?

Will they give me a time or is it flexible?
Typically 3 hours before the flight - so 6:30.

Typically not too flexible. What time would you prefer to leave for MCO?

We do this all the time - late departure. It gives us a nice half-day in the parks.

I think this will work .The parks are open at 9 am on the day I'm talking about. So if they make us be picked up approximately 3 hours ahead of flight, I could have a nice full day in the park.

Thanks everyone!

I thought about having that last day to relax but I'm just thinking...I can relax any time lol. I'm on Disney for God's sake!!!

I think this will work .The parks are open at 9 am on the day I'm talking about. So if they make us be picked up approximately 3 hours ahead of flight, I could have a nice full day in the park.

Thanks everyone!

I thought about having that last day to relax but I'm just thinking...I can relax any time lol. I'm on Disney for God's sake!!!
All of these questions are best asked on the Transportation Forum, not here on the Resort Forum

You can RAC your luggage if your airline participates.
You could also stow luggage and carry ons with bell services and pick them back up before DME.
You'll get DME aprox 3 hours prior.
You should receive an envelop on your door the evening before check out with the DME pick up time and info.

I always just get bell services to hold my luggage, then go back for it and board the magical express. RAC is always super picky about luggage weight restrictions so I never bother with them.

Twice now we played a little game; can we get on two fav rides in each park before we have to be back at the resort for DME.

Not relaxing but really fun.

This past Sept I took a more relaxing route; went to RAC and checked my bag early, took breakfast back to the room and lounged around until almost 11 (housekeeping knocked on the door 3 times - guess they really wanted to get started). I took my backpack to Bell Service, then off to Epcot. Got on a few rides then took the monorail to MK and hit my favs and had a late lunch (or was it early dinner?) at Liberty Tree. Got back to the resort with about 30 minutes to spare so I sat in the lobby and people-watched. Made a really nice last day.

Where are you staying this trip?

Resort airline checkin usually is only open in the morning. You need to check your bags before you depart for the parks if you want to use it.

If you call them, you can usually get a spot on an earlier bus if they have room. Very unlikely you'd get on a later bus. Three hours is already pushing it IMO.

Agreed! After sprinting to our gate more times than I can count and missing 1 plane I call and request a puckup of 3.5-4 before flight departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter