if I go to ________ concert, they better play _______ or I will demand my money back!

GaBelle

DIS Veteran
I was inspired by a poster on the Depeche Mode thread!

And of course, this is just for fun...no gripers please.

Mine is, if I go to a Duran Duran concert, they better play Save a Prayer or I will demand my money back!

Of course I wasn't serious, but I wouldn't be terribly happy about it.

I heard that the Temptations (or whoever is using the name) once left out My Girl.

I was inspired by a poster on the Depeche Mode thread!

And of course, this is just for fun...no gripers please.

Mine is, if I go to a Duran Duran concert, they better play Save a Prayer or I will demand my money back!

They'd have a riot if they didn't perform Hungry Like the Wolf.

Wow! LOVE all the Duran fans!

My fiance would say Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water", but I don't think they would get out alive if they didn't play that.

As me and a Duran song, I am stuck - I think Rio is their most overplayed song. Save a Prayer and Hungry Like the Wolf are musts, probably The Reflex.

But I would LOVE to see Skin Trade or New Moon on Monday. SUPER LOVE to see Friends of Mine or Come Up and See Me (Make Me Smile).

Had tickets last summer in AC and Nick got sick and they cancelled an hour before the show, right before the doors were supposed to open. Was so disappointed but I used my ticket refund to buy Mickey luggage. :thumbsup2 I know someone here will appreciate that!

I heard Cyndi Lauper got boo'd until she played her old 80's songs at her concerts in late 90's. She was trying to make a come-back with new material.

I heard Cyndi Lauper got boo'd until she played her old 80's songs at her concerts in late 90's. She was trying to make a come-back with new material.

Linda Rondstadt had multiple career reincarnations. Some of her tours were centered only on American standards and then mariachi. I'd hope that anyone attending one of those performances would understand what they're getting into.

I recently worked a Prince show and he played mostly funk, I loved it but afterwards a lot of people were demanding refunds because he didn't play his hits from the 80's and 90's.

If I go to a Maroon 5 concert, I don't care if they sing Classical Opera, Adam Levine better take his shirt off (and keep it off), or I will demand my money back!!! :love:

bcla said:
Of course I wasn't serious, but I wouldn't be terribly happy about it.

I heard that the Temptations (or whoever is using the name) once left out My Girl.

Oh I know you weren't serious! But I loved your reply.

Anyone see the movie Big Night? One of the themes was that the chef at a restaurant was an Italian perfectionist who wanted everything to be done his way, even if the customers didn't understand what the heck they were getting. They had a competitor across the street that watered down its offerings (sold as Italian cuisine) and was extremely successful even if it wasn't "authentic". The owner was talking to them about his secret for success, which was to give his customers what they wanted even if he privately thought they could do better or enjoy something unique or different.

A guy works all day, he don't want to look at his plate and ask, "What the <bleep> is this?" He wants to look at his plate, see a steak, and say "I like steak!"

I've actually seen crowd-sourced reviews of Chinese restaurants which were complaining that a place didn't serve egg foo yung, which isn't a common Chinese food.

If I go to a Maroon 5 concert, I don't care if they sing Clasical Opera, Adam Levine better take his shirt off (and keep it off), or I will demand my money back!!! :love:

We went to Maroon 5 concert on Thursday in The Woodlands, TX. It wasn't long before the shirt came off.

bcla said:
Anyone see the movie Big Night? One of the themes was that the chef at a restaurant was an Italian perfectionist who wanted everything to be done his way, even if the customers didn't understand what the heck they were getting. They had a competitor across the street that watered down its offerings (sold as Italian cuisine) and was extremely successful even if it wasn't "authentic". The owner was talking to them about his secret for success, which was to give his customers what they wanted even if he privately thought they could do better or enjoy something unique or different.

A guy works all day, he don't want to look at his plate and ask, "What the <bleep> is this?" He wants to look at his plate, see a steak, and say "I like steak!"

I've actually seen crowd-sourced reviews of Chinese restaurants which were complaining that a place didn't serve egg foo yung, which isn't a common Chinese food.

No, but I did see a SNL skit with David Spade that was about the thread topic. If I recall correctly, it started with "I went to a Laura Branigan concert and she didn't song Gloria."

I'd like to preface this with the fact that I'd probably never demand my money back after a show.

But... In a hypothetical situation... If I saw Iron Maiden and they didn't play Powerslave I'd be bummed(although I know that they pretty much never play that song live anymore).

Also. KISS is probably my favorite band of all time. And they don't play some of my favorite songs of theirs live anymore.

Also. Motley Crue doesn't play Starry Eyes live anymore.(which is my favorite Crue song).

if I go to a David Nail concert, he better play Catch you while I can or I will demand my money back!

not really I was just at my 3rd David concert last Thursday and he didn't play it at any of the 3.. but he did say Hello and waved to me last week so I guess that kinda made up for it. Also it was the shortest of the 3 but the venue sucked.. bad and I understood why. I also got to talk with his band members after the show. All in all it was a good night. Philly last August rocked.. he played until 2am on South Street.. It was an amazing show!! And most of you haven't a clue who he is I"m sure!

I know this is a fun thread, but I can't think of much. When I go to a concert, I love enough of the artist's work to be happy with anything they choose.

It's is a big peeve of mine, though when people show up at a concert and only expect to hear one particular song. I remember seeing Los Lobos in the 80s and everyone just kept yelling "La Bamba!" I thought what idiots they appeared, not knowing all of the great songs by Los Lobos. Come on, at least pretend to be a fan! Plus, there's no point in that - it's not a piano bar, they're not taking requests! :laughing:

I can only think of one answer for me - I recently saw Passenger (he has a hit right now with "Let Her Go") and he left out my favorite song ("Keep On Walking"). I mostly just wanted to hear him tell us what it was about.

Several years ago, my best friend and I went to see Chantal Kreviasuk at a small venue. It was towards the end of the show and he and I shouted "Wayne! Play Wayne!"
She said, that song holds no meaning for me anymore.

I guess we looked stupid.

if I go to a David Nail concert, he better play Catch you while I can or I will demand my money back!

not really I was just at my 3rd David concert last Thursday and he didn't play it at any of the 3.. but he did say Hello and waved to me last week so I guess that kinda made up for it. Also it was the shortest of the 3 but the venue sucked.. bad and I understood why. I also got to talk with his band members after the show. All in all it was a good night. Philly last August rocked.. he played until 2am on South Street.. It was an amazing show!! And most of you haven't a clue who he is I"m sure!

I love David Nail!!! Red Light is one of my favs!! I have both CD's...love them!!!

MJ

I love David Nail!!! Red Light is one of my favs!! I have both CD's...love them!!!

MJ

If you have a chance to see him live GO!! He sounds so much better in person! I'll be going to see him again in November in New Jersey.. :thumbsup2

eta he has a new song out right now called Whatever she's got.. and has a new album in the works! I've heard a lot of the songs live.. it should be another good one!

If I go to see U2 in concert and they don't play "Party Girl," I will demand my money back!

Not really. But they only play that song when the concert is particularly rockin.' They played it when I went to see them in '87 (Old Fart Alert), and the place went crazy. This was the old JFK Stadium in Philadelphia, where they had American Live Aid and it was full to the gills with people singing along to that song.

And *then* Bruce Springsteen came out during the encore and the place went absolutely nuts! What a concert! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter