If India was in the World Showcase, what would you like to see built?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
If India was in the World Showcase, what would you like to see built? A restaurant with Jungle Book characters? A ride similar to the Jungle Cruise? A movie based attraction? An Indian take out option? Other thoughts? Thanks.

🇮🇳🐯🐍

India is such a history rich country that is very diverse in its regions. I would love to see an attraction like the one that was in the Millennium Pavilion for Jerusalem. We can be taken on a virtual tour of the cities and countryside throughout the regions. Commentary can be about the Hindu Temples, Muslim and Christian influences on the country and the foods of various regions.

My favorite Hindu holiday is Diwali. I celebrate that each year with my next door neighbors who are from Delhi. Plenty of candles and fireworks for that holiday... The movie can show Holi... It's the holiday where everyone sets aside their differences with one another and they smear each other with colors. My neighbors are typically in India for that festival, but it looks like so much fun. The next day, you can go back to not liking one another. lol

The country has a very long history and many famous figures. Ghandi, Mother Theresa, British Rule... From the caste system to modern times and the becoming a technology powerhouse.

Different restaurants can be in the pavilion, that are regional. The cuisine is similar and yet so different.

I find India fascinating. I can't wait to really visit there.

Good Indian food! That's been one of the very few downsides to moving to the Orlando area...no really good Indian food.
I would hope that they try to be "authentic" but chances are they'd go generic and give us naan, channa masala, butter chicken and biryani.

Speaking of Orlando, I found out my preferred Vietnamese restaurant (Lac Viet) is closed. Pity!

I would hope that they try to be "authentic" but chances are they'd go generic and give us naan, channa masala, butter chicken and biryani.

Speaking of Orlando, I found out my preferred Vietnamese restaurant (Lac Viet) is closed. Pity!

And the spice levels will be super low.

And the spice levels will be super low.

I've had good luck requesting elevated spice levels and given Disney's history we'll probably get the better part of a year with an interesting menu before they cut it back to accommodate the less adventurous palettes .

I would like the Bollywood dancing shows and I agree with a museum or film showcasing the different areas of India and the language(s), cuisine, culture, holidays, wildlife, agriculture, and industry of those areas. I would also like to see a sit down restaurant and a quick service place with options for different spice levels and vegetarian/vegan options. India has so much to offer that it would be hard to choose what to include.

For attractions, I'd want a Soarin' type ride in the pavilion with smells and 3d effects - there's so much in India to see, smell, feel, so bring it all:).
I'd want live Bollywood dance shows 4x/day.
Heck, I could even enjoy a Bollywood movie clips "dine in" theater as a restaurant concept with Indian street foods and movie treats for the food (on top of the regular Indian restaurants).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter