If Mickey can celebrate his birthday all year long, so can I ! june ptr

Really good strategies!! :thumbsup2

Thanks, it has definitely made things more enjoyable for us. Especially the mid-day breaks!

Love your trip report title!

We are going to Disneyland Paris this year! Any tips?

Looking forward to hearing a it more!

Welcome!

And Thank you! :flower:

My biggest piece of advice ((IMHO)) is to just go with the flow and take in the beauty. Most of the rides are just like the American parks, but the park itself is breathtaking. I didn't plan my Disneyland Paris trip like I do my WDW and DLR trips. I wrote a list of rides I wanted to ride, but that was it!

Get a park-hopper ticket because the Disney Studios park in tiny, we would just go between parks because they are right next to each other.

Rope drop Disney Studios so you can ride Crushes Coaster, it doesn't have fast passes.

Ratatouille is Amazing! Make sure you ride it at least once!

The one thing I didn't love is that fast pass windows are only good for a 1/2 hour unlike the hour that we get here. And they still do the paper fast passes, they also run out much sooner in the day.

Bring your out advil or Tylenol if you need it. They don't have either off those in France and it was quite comical with the language barrier trying to find something for my headache. Charades didn't work with my patting my head and acting like I was in pain... The poor cast members were trying to get me to first aid because they thought something was wrong with me, but I just needed something for my throbbing head. :rotfl2:

Enjoy! It was the best vacation ever! Besides Ratatouille, Pirates of the Caribbean was my favorite ride! I thought it was far superior to the ones here. Their version of Haunted Mansion was down for refurbishment when we went and I was bummed, hopefully it'll be open when you go.

Are you exploring Paris too? Words can't even describe the feeling I had during that week. I would walk into the churches and museums and be moved to tears because it was so beautiful! I feel emotional just thinking about it ! If you'd like I could share some pictures?! Anything to relive some of those memories is fine with me.

Let me know if you have any specific questions ….. I'm so jealous! But have an amazing adventure!

Ohhhhhhhh …… and just a heads up! People don't understand the concept of personal space when you're there. When we stood in line for most rides, it felt like people were literally breathing down my neck and constantly touching me! And they don't enforce the No-smoking rules very well. People would be smoking al over the place. Those are my only major complaints.

Following along! I'm hoping to celebrate my 40th birthday in Disney World, too! During our trip this year, we're planning to book a bounceback trip for April 2020 for a grownups only long weekend, and my birthday just so happens to be on a Saturday, so I guess we pretty much have to do it.

Following along! I'm hoping to celebrate my 40th birthday in Disney World, too! During our trip this year, we're planning to book a bounceback trip for April 2020 for a grownups only long weekend, and my birthday just so happens to be on a Saturday, so I guess we pretty much have to do it.

giphy.gif

You absolutely should! 40 is a BIG deal!

No matter how old I am, I always feel like a kid again when I walk through the gates of Disney, it's the perfect place to celebrate!

We've celebrated a lot of different things when we go, but the last time it was for my birthday, I turned 21! Sometimes it feels just like yesterday.
I spent my actual birthday at MGM Studios ((Yep, that's what it was still called back then)) I bought my first beer and thought I was so cool because I was finally old enough to drink, and then I quickly realized I hated beer and threw it out!

giphy.gif

Joining in! I love a good road trip, driving saves us so much money and I'm a notorious over packer
We love POP! Trying to squeeze one more stay in there before my youngest hits 3 and we no longer fit :(
The cupcake dinner is an awesome tradition! I love it. Instead of stopping at the store to stock up on snacks, I always put in an order for Instacart. They deliver it to the resort so it's such a time saver. Can't wait to read more!

Joining in! I love a good road trip, driving saves us so much money and I'm a notorious over packer
We love POP! Trying to squeeze one more stay in there before my youngest hits 3 and we no longer fit :(
The cupcake dinner is an awesome tradition! I love it. Instead of stopping at the store to stock up on snacks, I always put in an order for Instacart. They deliver it to the resort so it's such a time saver. Can't wait to read more!
I've never tried Instacart, I should look into it.

Have you been to Pop since the renovations? I found the space to be pretty adequate, it was much better than I had expected. It helps with the pull down bed and all the storage spaces they have under the bed and bathroom, they also have lots of drawer space. The pull down bed was rather large as well.

I made two ADR’s today

Kona Cafe’ for Breakfast on our Anniversary !

upload_2019-2-12_18-54-59.png

We haven’t taken the kids to show them around the place where we got married, so I thought this would be a perfect place to spend a small portion of our day. We’ve never eaten there and I think it’s about time I tried the famous Tonga Toast and/or the Macadamia Nut Pancakes!

((Advice please ….. We will drive to the POLY for our breakfast reservations. Will it be better to just leave our car parked there and take the bus or Monorail to Epcot or should we just drive there instead?))

Then I made reservations for the Sci-Fi café as per request from the kids. We haven’t been here since Jayden was a toddler.... I’m actually pretty excited to go again.

upload_2019-2-12_18-57-31.png

I've never tried Instacart, I should look into it.

Have you been to Pop since the renovations? I found the space to be pretty adequate, it was much better than I had expected. It helps with the pull down bed and all the storage spaces they have under the bed and bathroom, they also have lots of drawer space. The pull down bed was rather large as well.

We went once before reno and once after, and I was very happy with the room changes. I also enjoyed the king size bed, and all the extra storage space was a plus.

My biggest piece of advice ((IMHO)) is to just go with the flow and take in the beauty. Most of the rides are just like the American parks, but the park itself is breathtaking. I didn't plan my Disneyland Paris trip like I do my WDW and DLR trips. I wrote a list of rides I wanted to ride, but that was it!

We are traveling with DD age 4 and DD 10 months so this will absolutely be our traveling style!

Get a park-hopper ticket because the Disney Studios park in tiny, we would just go between parks because they are right next to each other.

We did get park hoppers! More like DL then WDW but we get hoppers there too!

Rope drop Disney Studios so you can ride Crushes Coaster, it doesn't have fast passes.

Ratatouille is Amazing! Make sure you ride it at least once!

Both are on my list, ok crush is going on the rope drop/extra magic hours list!

The one thing I didn't love is that fast pass windows are only good for a 1/2 hour unlike the hour that we get here. And they still do the paper fast passes, they also run out much sooner in the day.

annoying!

Bring your out advil or Tylenol if you need it. They don't have either off those in France and it was quite comical with the language barrier trying to find something for my headache. Charades didn't work with my patting my head and acting like I was in pain... The poor cast members were trying to get me to first aid because they thought something was wrong with me, but I just needed something for my throbbing head. :rotfl2:

Hahaha! Just added this to my packing list!

Enjoy! It was the best vacation ever! Besides Ratatouille, Pirates of the Caribbean was my favorite ride! I thought it was far superior to the ones here. Their version of Haunted Mansion was down for refurbishment when we went and I was bummed, hopefully it'll be open when you go.

I’m really hoping phantom manor is open but it isn’t looking to good! Pirates is going to be a hard sell for DD 4, but fingers crossed!

Are you exploring Paris too? Words can't even describe the feeling I had during that week. I would walk into the churches and museums and be moved to tears because it was so beautiful! I feel emotional just thinking about it ! If you'd like I could share some pictures?! Anything to relive some of those memories is fine with me.

Let me know if you have any specific questions ….. I'm so jealous! But have an amazing adventure

We are, I spent 6 weeks there 20 years ago, how was it that long ago, and a 3 day trip one other time. So I’m really excited to go back, my daughter is obsessed with Paris and the Eiffle Tower which is why we chose this trip!

Would love to see some pics if you want to share!

Ohhhhhhhh …… and just a heads up! People don't understand the concept of personal space when you're there. When we stood in line for most rides, it felt like people were literally breathing down my neck and constantly touching me! And they don't enforce the No-smoking rules very well. People would be smoking al over the place. Those are my only major complaints.

Ugh I’m not looking froward to the smoking thing at all! We are there mostly on weekdays so hoping that helps!

We are traveling with DD age 4 and DD 10 months so this will absolutely be our traveling style!

I’m really hoping phantom manor is open but it isn’t looking to good! Pirates is going to be a hard sell for DD 4, but fingers crossed!

We are, I spent 6 weeks there 20 years ago, how was it that long ago, and a 3 day trip one other time. So I’m really excited to go back, my daughter is obsessed with Paris and the Eiffle Tower which is why we chose this trip!

Would love to see some pics if you want to share!

Ugh I’m not looking froward to the smoking thing at all! We are there mostly on weekdays so hoping that helps!

One thing I really like about DLP is it's much more open and it never felt really crowded. When we went they were having a heat wave and it was just as bad as florida in the summer. I could not believe the humidity and that a ton of people didn't wear deodorant. The elevator up the Eiffel Tower was so stinky. lol

Does your daughter not like POTC? It's my favorite ride in all the Disney Parks we've been too. My DD was terrified of just about everything when she was 4. I was reading through other TR's and almost forgot about how hard it was to take her at that age. She would cry on EVERYTHING! Figment, POTC, Winnie the Pooh, Honey I shrunk the audience. ((I miss that show)) She had a total melt down during Turtle Talk with Crush. My DSIL had to take her out of the room and crush kept apologizing for scaring her.

Are you just staying inside the city or traveling to other places?

Speaking of France and Disney ………

My favorite thing we did on our vacation was go to Mont St. Michel in Normandy France. This is by far the most spectacular place I have EVER been in my entire life! I didn't realize until we arrived that it was the inspiration for Disney's movie Tangled!

upload_2019-2-13_13-18-10.png

upload_2019-2-13_13-18-37.png

If you're ever in France I HIGHLY suggest seeing it in person!

One thing I really like about DLP is it's much more open and it never felt really crowded. When we went they were having a heat wave and it was just as bad as florida in the summer. I could not believe the humidity and that a ton of people didn't wear deodorant. The elevator up the Eiffel Tower was so stinky. lol

Does your daughter not like POTC? It's my favorite ride in all the Disney Parks we've been too. My DD was terrified of just about everything when she was 4. I was reading through other TR's and almost forgot about how hard it was to take her at that age. She would cry on EVERYTHING! Figment, POTC, Winnie the Pooh, Honey I shrunk the audience. ((I miss that show)) She had a total melt down during Turtle Talk with Crush. My DSIL had to take her out of the room and crush kept apologizing for scaring her.

Are you just staying inside the city or traveling to other places?

Probably just the city, DLP and the beach in Magla. But I’m really excited!!!

She doesn’t like pirates, that’s what she told me, she will do just about everything else.... we will try again but if she doesn’t want to do it we don’t push it, but no other rides have really caused issues....

I did love honey I shrunk the audience! It’s sad when things we love close.... but hopefully the put in new stuff but not always...

Joining in! Sounds like a great trip you have planned so far!

Wow I didn't know that about Tangled, now I want to see it in person!!

Yay! I'm so happy to have found this. I've thought about your trip to Europe a few times since you went, so I'm glad to hear it all went well. Love the pictures.

Kona Cafe’ for Breakfast on our Anniversary !
Kona is awesome!!

(Advice please ….. We will drive to the POLY for our breakfast reservations. Will it be better to just leave our car parked there and take the bus or Monorail to Epcot or should we just drive there instead?))
I think it is best to drive to Epcot. I am pretty sure you can only park at a resort for 2-3 hours when you have an ADR. Otherwise the parking lot could get filled up with cars from non-resort guests.

Then I made reservations for the Sci-Fi café as per request from the kids. We haven’t been here since Jayden was a toddler.... I’m actually pretty excited to go again.
Sci-Fi is always terrific!

My favorite thing we did on our vacation was go to Mont St. Michel in Normandy France. This is by far the most spectacular place I have EVER been in my entire life! I didn't realize until we arrived that it was the inspiration for Disney's movie Tangled!
Isn't is spectacular??? I spent three weeks in France for my 30th birthday and loved Mont St Michel so much!

Joining in! Sounds like a great trip you have planned so far!

Wow I didn't know that about Tangled, now I want to see it in person!!

Hi! Thanks for joining!

You must put it on your bucket list!

Yay! I'm so happy to have found this. I've thought about your trip to Europe a few times since you went, so I'm glad to hear it all went well. Love the pictures.
Hello, hello, hello!

I'm so sorry I never did a trip report or went back to my PTR. Life got busy if you know what I mean!

Im so happy you're here though! :yay:

Well it’s been a couple weeks since I’ve been here. It feels like so much longer!

I hit my 87 day mark today! I can’t believe how fast time is flying!

giphy.gif

Anyway ….. Since I last updated, we finally bought a new car! It wasn’t our #1 choice, but it was about $20K cheaper and it’s the perfect road trip vehicle for us with a ton of cargo space, we absolutely love it! It’s especially been wonderful having with all the snow we have had here in Colorado! Can’t wait to take it on the road to sunny Florida!

upload_2019-3-4_17-35-12.png

I am currently working on Day 2 of our road trip and finalizing Hotel reservations, once I do, I’ll update. Until then, someone was asking about some DLP photos so I thought I’d share just a few.

upload_2019-3-4_17-36-53.png

upload_2019-3-4_17-37-18.png

upload_2019-3-4_17-37-42.png

* Disneyland Hotel and Entrance into Disneyland**

upload_2019-3-4_17-38-6.png

upload_2019-3-4_17-38-30.png

upload_2019-3-4_17-38-53.png

upload_2019-3-4_17-39-18.png

upload_2019-3-4_17-39-39.png

upload_2019-3-4_17-40-0.png

Bullet list comment of following along!
  • Mont St. Michel! :love: That's definitely a bucket list place for me. It looks so gorgeous!

• Sci Fi is honestly one of my favorite places to eat. The theming is honestly so hard to beat.

• This trip sounds so fun, and YAY ROADTRIPS!

• Also 40 is the new 30, and you're already rockin it, so happy birthday year!

Bullet list comment of following along!
  • Mont St. Michel! :love: That's definitely a bucket list place for me. It looks so gorgeous!

• Sci Fi is honestly one of my favorite places to eat. The theming is honestly so hard to beat.

• This trip sounds so fun, and YAY ROADTRIPS!

• Also 40 is the new 30, and you're already rockin it, so happy birthday year!

You should definitely go …. I hope to see it again one day. :)

Road trips are the best!

Thank you ….. 40 hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be. 41 is approaching fast and I'm not sure how I'm feeling about that. LOL
My daughter officially turned into a teenager 2 days ago and I'm mostly having a hard time with that.... Where does the time go?

Beautiful photos!
Awww, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter