If My Flight is at 10 pm out of Orlando, what time do I need leave Parks?

Princess Katelet

Mouseketeer
My flight is 10 pm and we're staying at Caribbean Beach. What time do we need to leave the parks and get back to CR for ME? Also, CR will hold our bags for free, correct?

Moved this to the Transportstion board.

You say CR, which most people read as Contemporary Resort. You mean Caribbean Beach, right? Just making sure.

Yes, your bags can be held with bell services or whatever the bag room area is called. I'm international so I know I get picked up 4 hours pre flight. I think domestic is 3 hours. I'm absolutely sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about domestic.

Your bus will leave to go to MCO at 7p.m. you need to be standing at the bus stop at 6:45. You should be on the bus from the park to your resort no later than 5:30. That gives you time to get to the resort, collect any luggage you left with bell services and go to the airport bus location.

Yes, I mean Caribbean Beach, sorry. Is getting picked up three hours in advance overkill?? Isn't the airport only 45 minutes away, tops? I know the bus picks up other people, but I still feel like I'll get there at 8:00 for a 10:00 flight. Wondering if I should say my flight is 10:30 or something... Also, does ME operate that late??

DME buses operate 24 hrs, however the baggage service to the resorts end at 10. I would rather be early to the airport than be cutting it close. Security can have long lines.

DME buses operate 24 hrs, however the baggage service to the resorts end at 10. I would rather be early to the airport than be cutting it close. Security can have long lines.

I think you've got the luggage part backward. It's on arrival that the luggage delivery stops at 10 p.m. It appears OP will be bringing their bags on the bus with them to the airport, so no need to do RAC on the outbound trip, either.

If I do resort check in for my return flight do I still need to grab my bags when I get back from the park or do they take care of them? If they do, how do you know for certain they have made it on your flight?

If I do resort check in for my return flight do I still need to grab my bags when I get back from the park or do they take care of them? If they do, how do you know for certain they have made it on your flight?

RAC is for checked bags only. There's some good info here, including all the timelines: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/resort-airline-check-in/

There's no way to "guarantee" they've made it on your flight, unfortunately. But Disney does this millions of times a year.

If your staying at Caribbean beach make sure you pay attention to the time sheet they leave for you the day before to do your RAC. We glossed over it and the RAC was closed forcing us to hold on to our bags and check them in at the airport. If I recall it was sometime in early morning that u had to bring your luggage to the main house for RAC. As for timing last visit to Disney flying back domestic we where in line for over 1hr for screen and just made our flight out by 20min. So 3 he window is safe bet to make your flight, trying to change it could result in missing your flight.

You can get an Uber/Lyft to the airport and still use RAC... that is what we do.

Worth the $40. Not sure how big your party is or if you have young children that need car seats. We have TSA Pre✓ so have no need to be at MCO that early. We usually shoot for leaving the resort 2 hours before our flight. Others will not be comfortable with this but has worked well for us...

Yes, I mean Caribbean Beach, sorry. Is getting picked up three hours in advance overkill?? Isn't the airport only 45 minutes away, tops? I know the bus picks up other people, but I still feel like I'll get there at 8:00 for a 10:00 flight. Wondering if I should say my flight is 10:30 or something... Also, does ME operate that late??

I've been on the DME bus for more than an hour while it went to other resorts picking up guests. Add to that the fact that the security lines at Orlando can be hideously long. It is possible you won't get to the airport until almost 9, and then you could have a half hour wait in line at security. The problem is you don't know if you will have a long trip or a short one.

The day before your flight, you will receive notification in your room as to what time the DME bus will pick you up. If you don't have that information by the night before your last day, call the front desk and get it.
Your assigned pick up time (assuming domestic flight) will be between 6:45p and 7:15p. You need to be at the DME pickup location ready to board the bus (this means having bags in hand) 15 minutes before that time.
I would be at the MK bus stop an hour and 15 minutes before your departure time. Add another 15 minutes if you need to collect luggage from bell services.

The morning of departure, before heading to the park and between 5a-12p, I would utilize RAC (assuming your airline participates) to check your bags (not your carry ons). Just one less thing to worry about.

From what I understand, RAC hours are 5 am to 12 noon.
Yes, this. After all, check-out times are usually 11 am, so most departing guests will need to clear their rooms and get rid of the luggage prior to noon, even if their flights are much later in the day. Also, luggage must be checked with RAC at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight time.

Your assigned pick up time (assuming domestic flight) will be between 6:45p and 7:15p.

I agree, the Disney website indicates the pickup is about 3 hrs before your flight. They allow 1 hr to get to airport and most airports recommend arriving 2 hr before flight. You just never know how long a line there will be at TSA so to cut it closer could mean you miss your flight. Express might also have to pickup people at other resorts, so they won't necessarily go directly from your resort to the airport.

DME will pick you up 3 hours +/- 15 minutes prior to your flight, you will want to be back at the resort in time to pick up any carryon or checked bags (if you don't use RAC) and be ready for the bus at that time. You will receive your voucher the day prior in your room, this is your "ticket" to board the bus and will have the bus departure time on it.

If you want to save some time you could leave a bit later by using a ride share/taxi or town car but MCO recommends arriving at least 2 hours prior to flight departure so you have to decide if the extra 30 minutes or so is worth the extra $. TBH - MCO has some of the longest TSA lines I have seen (and I fly often!) so I would follow the 2 hour rule here.

Think of RAC as Curbside at the airport but the curb is "at Disney". You will be checking your bags through via the airline to your home airport and you won't see them until you get to baggage claim. Some airlines now have apps that track your bags - you could check to see if your airline offers this.

Alternately you can store your checked bags with luggage assistance at CBR (free but tip is customary), retrieve them before boarding DME, (or using an alternate means of transportation), and then check them in as you normally would at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter