If the backwards portion of Spaceship Earth was uncomfortable for you......

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
do you have any tips? It hurt my back so much, the backwards pressure on my back/spine on the seat on the way backwards down. But my little one loves it so much, I hate to not see that little face in awe if I have to stay off the ride. Does anyone have any tips? I tried to sit in the corner of the seat, so my spine wasn't directly flat on the seat. I'm wondering if I took a thin cushion if it would help? Can anyone relate? Anyone find a way to make this downwards descent more comfortable?

Seconding wearing a hoodie around your waist (I will often have a knit beanie that I have added to the hoodie for cushioning as well)...but just a heads up - we got stuck on Spaceship Earth multiple times last time we rode it (this past July) to the point where we didn't even go on it when we were at EPCOT last month. We spent well over an hour being stuck and missed the fireworks - about 20 minutes of the being stuck was spent for us going backward and it was terribly uncomfortable. (We spent over half an hour being stuck toward the beginning of the attraction and since we were stuck then obviously others must have been stuck going backwards for that amount of time).

While we love Spaceship Earth, we have decided not to risk it again until its overdue refurbishment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter