If the closure is extended beyond 3/31, when do you think it will be announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the scientific community has said weather has no bearing on the virus.

This virus is much too young to determine that. On the contrary...

evidence is starting to emerge that temperature and humidity do make a difference in the ability of the virus to infect large numbers

Monday plots recorded cases against climate conditions to suggest that there is indeed a significant correlation between outbreaks and the weather. In extreme cold and very hot and wet conditions the virus is “largely absent,”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...ow-by-summer-with-warmer-temperature-humidity

It was a joke.. but the fact is NO board will stay on topic.
The other thread the guy is asking if they will do work while it is closed and you responded about people not coming without money to do so.
Discussions evolve. Otherwise. every thread would have one reply and you would have 8 billion different threads.

What's the minimum occupancy needed to make it worth it for them to open the parks? How long will it take to build that occupancy? Because if they need 50% room occupancy, and it takes them 2 months of offers and advertisements to build that occupancy, you're looking at the all clear plus 2 months. It costs money to run everything, a 25% occupancy rate while open may cost them more than a 0% occupancy rate and being closed.

Who knows, it may only take a month, or it may take 6 months to court that many future guests. When the panic subsides is not when the park will reopen. It'll be months after that.

If it is true that NY is 45 days from the Corona virus peak.....Florida would seem to be behind NY. Without this being a super long post about specifics, my guess would be a target date of Aug. 1st to try to reopen parks. Disclaimer.....I am not a doctor or scientist.....just a person who put together my own idea of a timeline. :eeyore:

What's the minimum occupancy needed to make it worth it for them to open the parks? How long will it take to build that occupancy? Because if they need 50% room occupancy, and it takes them 2 months of offers and advertisements to build that occupancy, you're looking at the all clear plus 2 months. It costs money to run everything, a 25% occupancy rate while open may cost them more than a 0% occupancy rate and being closed.

Who knows, it may only take a month, or it may take 6 months to court that many future guests. When the panic subsides is not when the park will reopen. It'll be months after that.
I would think they won't open all the resorts at once. Some resorts are more efficient to operate than others and generate better financial numbers. The value/moderate resorts they choose to open could depend on if they want to open skyliner right away. If they open all the skyliner resorts, that would bring Pop, AoA, CBR, and Riviera online. If they want to avoid opening skyliner, it could be something like Movies and POR. I could see POP opening even if skyliner isn't running because it can easily be scaled by not opening all buildings (and it "seems" like an efficient resort, and of course it's huge). There's probably similar analysis on the deluxes. Open 1 or 2 of BC/YC/Boardwalk. Open 1 or 2 of the monorail resorts. Maybe WL or AKL.

This is all just stream of consciousness thinking, but at least it's solidly on topic. :)

Anyone see this? Would Disney actually try this? Would they even be ALLOWED to try this? I think the negative press alone from their even considering it, would be a big hit to them. This would NOT sit well with most people.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020...y-be-coming-soon-to-get-parks-up-and-running/
Under current government mandates and restrictions, those still wont work. In Florida most municipalities are banning any groups over 10 anywhere, no bars open, etc etc. And the number of cases went from 214-316 overnight so we are just getting started here in Florida. I agree with others. Even in a "limited" fashion, no parks in Florida will be opening until July/August after the peak and number of daily reported cases decline.

Anyone see this? Would Disney actually try this? Would they even be ALLOWED to try this? I think the negative press alone from their even considering it, would be a big hit to them. This would NOT sit well with most people.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020...y-be-coming-soon-to-get-parks-up-and-running/

I would imagine Disney is willing to try anything, they've never been closed so long and lost so much money. People are going to want to get back to normal as soon as possible, especially considering how we haven't even peaked in severity yet, so I think it's fair for Disney to consider any option they have. Now, if they announced they were actually opening on April 1st with a plan like this, I think that would be monstrously bad press that would paint them as greedy instead of socially responsible.

I would imagine Disney is willing to try anything, they've never been closed so long and lost so much money. People are going to want to get back to normal as soon as possible, especially considering how we haven't even peaked in severity yet, so I think it's fair for Disney to consider any option they have. Now, if they announced they were actually opening on April 1st with a plan like this, I think that would be monstrously bad press that would paint them as greedy instead of socially responsible.

Yes, I guess that's what wasn't clear. Is this proposed for April 1st, even while all the everything is going on? If so, I think this move will sink them. But if this is how they plan to re-open once things start slowing down, hopefully May/June, then I could see that. But even still, I honestly don't see this work. Locals maybe, but anyone who has to travel any amount of distance, isn't going to put the time and money into visiting Disney when it's fractionally operating. I just don't see how they would make enough revenue to support it.

Yes, I guess that's what wasn't clear. Is this proposed for April 1st, even while all the everything is going on? If so, I think this move will sink them. But if this is how they plan to re-open once things start slowing down, hopefully May/June, then I could see that. But even still, I honestly don't see this work. Locals maybe, but anyone who has to travel any amount of distance, isn't going to put the time and money into visiting Disney when it's fractionally operating. I just don't see how they would make enough revenue to support it.
I would agree with you. And Locals, once things ease up will certainly go just to have something to do. But i really dont see this as an option until June-August at some point.

Arizona has closed all schools for the rest of the school year.

They have not, though they are discussing it. The main reason for this, I assume, is because there is less than a month/month and a half left of school to begin with (with some schools getting out as early as second week of May). This falls into the 8 week period, so it makes sense. It doesn't make sense for other school districts, which could have school years that go as late as mid/late-June.

Who knows, it may only take a month, or it may take 6 months to court that many future guests. When the panic subsides is not when the park will reopen. It'll be months after

Disney can improve room occupancy by reducing inventory. I suspect 1 or more All Stars might be closed for a period of time. POFQ and possibly including POR. Disney will want DVC resorts opened. That suggests YC might be the first deluxe to be moth balled. Disney could reduce inventory, and expenses, by closing some buildings at resorts like POLY and GF. Could close the wing rooms at the Contemporary. This was done after 9-11

This is clearly a problem and one we need to take swift action to prevent from getting out of control, but let's remember that the CDC has estimated that at least 12,000 people have died from influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 and Feb. 1, 2020 in the U.S. alone, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000. And we have a vaccine for influenza, and this happens every year, and we don't stop anything for it.

Oh dear Lord! Not another comparison to the flu! Stop with the comparisons to the flu. This is nothing like the flu. You can't compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter