If there were a 5th gate…

they honestly messed up with Star Wars...it should have been a 5th gate. there are so many different ways they could have gone with it. instead of different lands, they'd have different planets.

Timelines set all throughout the galaxy as well.

…what would your theme be?

I've always loved the idea of Disney Villians- so much you could do with a more teen to adult oriented park. It would be Disney’s first and only direct competitor to Universal. You could do a scarier version of Halloween.

And the centerpiece could be the witch’s castle from Sleeping Beauty.
Would love an area devoted to Disney Villains. We have four daughters who find the princesses strange but LOVE the villains. I've only had to watch Cruella 20 times since last Tuesday!!!

they honestly messed up with Star Wars...it should have been a 5th gate. there are so many different ways they could have gone with it. instead of different lands, they'd have different planets.

Timelines set all throughout the galaxy as well.
I’d argue that as big as Star Wars is, there are a lot of parks’ fans who just aren’t that into it. You need something a bit broader for a whole park.

Oooh - I had another idea. Something that wouldn't use IPs.
It would be cool to have a larger than life historical park.
Sections could be:
-Ancient Rome
-Victorian England in Steampunk style
-Renaissance Europe
-Maybe an ancient South American country/culture
As much as I love this idea, I think it's just a little too close to Epcot's World Showcase. Maybe leaning into something like the ancient wonders of the world?

I’d argue that as big as Star Wars is, there are a lot of parks’ fans who just aren’t that into it. You need something a bit broader for a whole park.
I agree. I don't think that is something that could have an entire park devoted to just that. Too many people would just avoid that park altogether.

Would love an area devoted to Disney Villains. We have four daughters who find the princesses strange but LOVE the villains. I've only had to watch Cruella 20 times since last Tuesday!!!
This is such a great point, because Disney obviously sees how much money there is in reimagining them and focusing on their backstories. Wicked probably made that a popular thing, but with all the IP Disney has, why not take advantage?

…what would your theme be?
I assume that if Disney were to create a 5th Gate they would follow the thematic pattern of the last decade or so.

MK: Live inside the movies!
Epcot: Celebrating the world in technology and culture Live inside the movies!
DHS: The magic of movie-making Live inside the movies!
DAK: Man's relationship with animals Live inside the movies!
5th Gate: Live inside the movies!

I'm 100% in favor of IP inside the parks. Disney's stories are great, and can be used in service of each park's themes. While uniquely fitting for Magic Kingdom, and to a lesser extent World Showcase, IP has a place in every park.

But at DHS and Epcot both, Disney has lost the sense of cohesive theme that makes each park unique and sets them apart from competitors.

I'm not rooting for a 5th gate under the current regime.

ETA: I'm giving DAK short shrift above. That really is the one park that still holds to its original theme of man's relationship with animals, specifically through adventure and conservation. Pandora is a great example of IP that serves this theme, and makes the park as a whole even more thematically cohesive. At least until they cram in an ill-conceived Zootopia land, the spirit of Joe Rohde still protects us all...

Last edited:
Disney's Retirement Park. All the old stuff, Mr Toad, Horizons, Backlot Tour, Lights Motors Action, etc...and save a spot for Splash Mtn.

I've long dreamed about a "Nostalgic Kingdom". There is so much you could do and I think it would be an enormous success - given current and future generations deeply embedded Disney nostalgia. It would be an experience no other company could provide. Too bad Cheapeck would rather repurpose old rides whenever possible, so it's probably a tough sell.

I suspect a fifth gate would be more likely to be themed around an abstract idea, rather than a concrete thing. The theme would be something like "magic," "adventure," or "enchantment," rather than a specific place or set of characters. This, ultimately, would give Disney the greatest ability to both strengthen its brand and have the flexibility to utilize almost any IP or type of attraction without "deviating" from the theme.

I would say "Epic Kingdom" would be one way to go, but that idea has kind of already been taken up the road. 😉

I suspect a fifth gate would be more likely to be themed around an abstract idea, rather than a concrete thing. The theme would be something like "magic," "adventure," or "enchantment," rather than a specific place or set of characters. This, ultimately, would give Disney the greatest ability to both strengthen its brand and have the flexibility to utilize almost any IP or type of attraction without "deviating" from the theme.

Our new theme is....No discernable theme at all!!!

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I couldn't hate this idea more.

The problem with "Other park's" thrill rides; they are missing the theming of Disney. Yes, I can go to a stand alone roller coaster at any amusement park. Boring.
I want more rides like EE! Now THAT is a ride! The perfect marriage of everything to make one of the best rides ever created: back story, props, sets, thrilling ride, etc. I want the theatre of it all! (I'm a performer myself, so the immersive theatre aspect of Disney is one of the primary things that keeps me going back again and again. Well, that and a lifetime of nostalgia, but a HUGE portion of it is the immersive theatre aspect.)
EE does nothing for me. While it's nicely themed, I don't find it very thrilling. I personally would love Disney put on more coasters like Velocicoaster. Now that has great theming and is highly thrilling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter