If this thread shows up on the screen, can anyone reply to this please.

Fantasia_

I'm ready for the World!
I don't know what is going on with my computer on this website. Everytime I reply or start a thread, I don't see it show up on the screen. This is driving me crazy! I post and I can't read any of my postings! But others can see my posts, I know cause they would reply back! Is there anyway I can read my posts?

I just want somebody to reply to this to see if people can still see my postings...Thanks!

I won't be too surprise if I don't see this thread on the screen. :rolleyes: :confused:

Hi! Thanks for replying both of you! I'm Fantasia_. I'm just using the other name just to see if this thread is popping up under that name and guess what it is, but now I hope I can read this post! I went under Fantasia_ but couldn't find this thread anywhere, but I log out and in under USEscape and I see this.

Can this be fixed? If not, I just hope this USEcape will work fine...I'll see in just a second! I hope!

My email address is disney165@yahoo.com Thanks!!

Holy cow!! I see my post!! ....well...under USEscape. But I'm just glad that I'm seeing my posts now!! But if there is any chance the other one can be fix, I would appreciate it, if not.... :( then I will just have to be USEscape forever.... Thanks so much!!

Thanks kozmo! I can see it under US! :) I just don't understand why Fantasia will not work! Maybe I over worked her!! I hope she is not dying on me! I love that name! Hmmmm, can I just change my screen name?!

JC,

When this is resolved, can you post what it was for future reference? Not sure what steps are being taken via email and PM.

Thanks

Since Fantasia_ has had to fix a virus, re-install windows and window spawning problem all within the span of a few weeks, thinking it was anything but the PC would be bad judgment on my part. I have spoken with her and at this time she will continue to use the current USEscape account with updated figures and possibly choose a different user name in the future if the problems do not return.

FYI-I have and would suggest a disk rebuild from scratch rather than a simple re-install to ANYONE who has these caliber of problems in the future. BUT that is simply a SUGGESTION! Something like that needs to be your (their) decision though as none of us can help out if something goes wrong and they can't get back here for advice.

I've rebuilt hundreds of PC's from scratch (doing 2 right now) and there are just too many things that can go wrong at that level that over the internet support is not complete enough to handle.

Imagine how you would feel if you insisted someone flash a BIOS upgrade and the power went out?
:rolleyes:

JC

I've rebuilt hundreds of PC's from scratch (doing 2 right now) .....

Same here. I've been in this business much too long.
I need a new career.

I'm actually cheating now. I had the company buy 15 identical server class machines (Compaq Proliants). Each one is rack mounted for space issues. Starting from wiped hard drives, I have loaded Win95, Win98, NT4.0 and Win2KPro on four of them. After they were loaded, I used Ghost to make an entire DISK image of each 'Platform".
These images are stored on the network and on CDs. As services packs were added to each "platform", I again made additional images in-between each service pack/application install. So now I have a slew of 'platforms' at each stage of service pack upgrades and software application installs. I can reinstall a workstation in under 10 minutes including network name and ip reconfiguring. :)
This was going great until one of those beasts ate my boot disk. I haven't had time to redo the boot disk (floppy) on CDRom (Not as easy). Well, I THOUGHT I had a backup of that floppy but it's no where to be found. I had to get my trusty 6.22 MSDos disks from home to create new ones. CDRom and Network access files take up a lot of room on a floppy. That's why I have to use 6.22 as it has a much lower overhead than the others. Now I'm back in business. I still can't figure out which of the last three workstations ate this floppy. Extensive testing still does not reveal the culprit. :(

Imagine how you would feel if you insisted someone flash a BIOS upgrade and the power went out?

Don't you just hate when that happens?!:mad:

Must be nice!

Most of our workstations are different vintages and software. Access abilities of the users are also vastly different. We thought about an assisted install cd for at least the OS stuff but there are still differences that prevent it from being efficent enough to do on a regular basis.

We have 2 Alphas and 4 Proliant ML 370's.

What do you use 15 of them for? Cluster?

JC

I don't know about Kevin but we have a lot of our server functions distributed. We must have 25+ servers scattered around. BDC here, plot server there, file servers all over the place. We have our system broken down on various subnets. We have 1000+ workstations when you combine our various locations in Tennessee and Arizona.

You're right about ghost needing consistent configurations to be effective. We have about 5 or 6 different ghost images for various base configurations. If a system doesn't fit one of those configurations, we would just rebuild it from scratch. So much easier now with Win2K over NT!

Quality Control for our software. We need various client/server platforms for testing purposes. Since we develop client/server applications, we needed this configuration to enable us to get up to 15 client platforms on-line as quickly as possible. The reason we have identical machines is so we can also get up to 15 of the same platform up for stress and benchmarking testing.

Here's one for you.

What does this remind you of?

: :

Hopefully, this will not be distorted after posting.

See now, very few people will understand that, but short of the redness, that's EXACTLY what it looks like!

I must have a pound of skin particles scattered throughout the building from pulling cache mem. or stuck nic cards.

How many times have you thrown IDE drive rail screws across the room? I have one stuck in the ceiling that I still have yet to remove. :) :) :) :) :)

JC

I must have a pound of skin particles scattered throughout the building from pulling cache mem. or stuck nic cards.

The knuckles will never be the same again.

How many times have you thrown IDE drive rail screws across the room?

Because I didn't have the required three hands to put those suckers on? MANY!
I've been tempted many times to give the drive a ventilation hole right through it's platters. And for the new crowd out there. That is NOT an easy feat on a old 5 1/4" 20 MB one.

I have one stuck in the ceiling that I still have yet to remove.
:earseek:
If those ceiling tiles were perforated ones, you either have a very good arm (to embed them) or very good aim (to get them stuck in the perforated holes) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter