If waitlist goes through, shouldn't you be contacted by phone?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
I had made ressies for friends of ours, who will be in WDW with us, in a preferred view studio. I had asked to be put on the wait list for a standard view, but asked for them to contact me first because I was close to my banking window. Today I received a confirmation for a standard view, which I am assuming means the waitlist went through. I was not contacted though, and there is no mention that the reservation has been switched from preferred to standard. Is this how waitlist always operates? I am still within my banking window so everything is OK, I guess I was just expecting more info. It would have been nice if the confirmation specifically stated that the waitlist had gone through, and my preferred view has been changed to standard. Is there any need to contact them to make sure the preferred view is no longer booked, or this this how it is always done?

I am probably just being overly paranoid with my points, but I've never done this before and want to make sure it all goes smoothly!

I was told I'd be called with the reservation and given a window of time to respond. I did get a call on my answering machine and called back to take the waitlist res. When you say you got confirmation - I'm assuming you mean the letter. Since it does change your point usage, you'd think they would have called. Sorry I don't have more insight.

I just made a reservation for the end of September for a studio at OKW, and asked to be put on the waitlist for either BWV or VWL if they became available instead. The CM at MS asked me if I wanted to be contacted before they made the switch, or if I just wanted them to make the switch if it became available and mail me an updated confirmation. I chose to let them make the switch automatically. They then had me confirm that it was alright to use the additional points if one of those became available, and I authorized that. She then asked if I wanted to waitlist until 30 days out or 7 days out from our trip, and I chose 7 days. She was very thorough in explaining the deadlines for changing/cancelling the reservation, holding account, etc. and told me to feel free to call and check to see how we were doing on the waitlist. It sounds like they may have forgotten to mark your record to contact you first, or thought they only needed to do that if it was getting close to your banking deadline. I'd call and double-check with them to make sure the point usage is as you expect, just in case...

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I did mean the confirmation letter. I e-mailed MS just to make sure that everything is the way it should be. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter