If work started at 9am for yourself ,what time do you arrive?

My job does start at 9:00. I'm a CSR, so as long as my phone is logged it at 9:00 AM, I'm good, but I like to have my system up and going before that, so I want to start it all up by 8:40/8:45. when I went into a building, I'd get there anywhere from 8:30-8:50,( some of that depended on when I could drop kids at school.) Now I work from home, so easy to just walk over to computer and turn on whenever, sometimes just a few mins before. Just depends...but hours/logging in time is not flexible.

In my office, most choose which time to come in. As long as you there between about 10-3 for meetings, most can choose which eight hours they want to work.

I work 7-3:30 myself and walk in right at 7:00 or a few minutes before or after depending on traffic.

At least 30 minutes early. My workday starts at 8am, and I'm usually at my desk around 7:15am.

I guess first it depends on the company policy. I worked for a company for nine years whose handbook actually said employees were forbidden from being in the building any more than 10 minutes before the start of their scheduled shift, and 10 minutes after.
Normally I would be at work either right on time or 5 minutes early. When I was first starting out in my career, there were times I was at work 2 hours early.
My wife got in a rub because, while she was always on time, booting the computer, logging into software and security logins necessary for her to start work took 15 minutes. So a task they wanted her to complete in the first 10 minutes of her shift was impossible. A supervisor tried to make an issue of it, the Union filed a grievance which got turned over to an arbitrator with the State Labor Board. Arbitrator ruled an employee's obligation is to be present and READY to work at the start of their assigned shift, but it is the company's responsibility to make sure an employee can ACTUALLY work.

I "start" at 8:30 but we don't clock in or out and people trickle in as they please
We have unlimited PTO - if you need to be late or leave early, no problem if your work is done.
I usually pull into the garage at 8:29/8:30 and in my seat by 835/840
So .... 9:05?

0-15 minutes early, depending on traffic. I have about a 30 mile commute, so I leave early enough to account for a bit of traffic on the way.
When working from home I'd sometimes turn my computer on a bit early, but then go make tea and breakfast.

I get up between 6:30-7:00. Turn on the computer and get a cup of coffee while it's booting up. I log into my apps and get set up. Check email then go jump in the shower. By the time I'm dressed and ready to go it's about 8:50. The phones are automated and don't turn on until 9:00.
I've been working remotely for about 7 years now. I always shower and get dressed as if I was actually going into the office as it gives me structure. By dressed I mean shorts and a T-shirt which is my work attire. :cool1:

When I worked in an office, maybe 15 minutes before? (I took the train, so my choice was either a bit early or quite late.)

When I was substitute teaching, at least 20 minutes early, but preferably half an hour, so I really had time to go over the plans and materials.

One of my old neighbors would get so mad if people showed up for work on time but then immediately went to the bathroom.

As a manager he didn't think it was right for people to not have taken care of needed bodily functions before arriving at work.

It made him so mad that HR wouldn't let him fire the morning poopers. He tried locking the bathrooms until noon and was told by HR he could not lock the bathrooms.

Otherwise he seemed like a sane person.

When I worked in the office I would show up about 20-25 mins early. Actually at one point, my supervisor changed my hours to 7:30-4:30 since I was there around that time anyways, all the meant was that I switch to being there at about 7:10. I have an irrational fear of being late for anything.

My day doesn’t start until 3pm. I am usually at work at least 10-15 minutes before to put away my lunch box and use the bathroom.
My boss doesn’t care if I clock in when I get there because he knows if it is busy I will jump in and start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter